Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.749 posts in 47.054 threads.

160,529 Members

Please welcome our newest members: Heinz57, eggmegrolf, PearlCat19, mima, FrannyLou

Bad day

11 years ago 0 1209 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Jack,  I'm back also.  I have 4 days.... Yes I went through all the reasons why I quit before..

I understand smoking doesn't change any outcome.. In fact smoking is stressful.. You have to go buy them.. standing there handing your hard earned money over ....to buy something dangerous.. you have to find a place you can light up, burn them up and throw away the butts.

This is definately  not logical...  ok addiction has no logic..  So here we are finally getting rid of the stinking thinking.. 

here we go one day at a time.
Bonnie 
11 years ago 0 2778 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hey Jack!!!

You are finally seeing the light at the end of that dark tunnel we call addiction!  Keep on taking it one day at a time and keep your eyes on the prize!!!  Freedom from the demon it one of the greatest things you can ever do for yourself !   It's N. O. P. E. from now on, buddy!!!  You're doing this!  

Jim 
  • Quit Meter

$44,287.50

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 1059 Hours: 23

Minutes: 40 Seconds: 24

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

11 years ago 0 12 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Thank you too snice!
 We are doing

Jack 
Thanks again Jim! This week I've been very close to the idea of ​​giving up ... Now I realize that it was the addiction speaking in my ears. When you can realize this, one of the most important resources to keep our initial decision was discovered...

Now going to the weekend...

CLINK!!!  
11 years ago 0 2778 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hey Jack!!!

Congrats on your 6 weeks, buddy!!!  Awesome!!!  You are absolutely correct... smoking has nothing to do with your life right now!  Life is full of ups and downs and as far as smoking goes, there are definitely going to be more ups for you now than the downs!   Smoking will NOT make anything better in your life, only worse.  I think that you realize that now and that is one major hurdle!  Once over that, adhering to N.O.P.E. is that much easier!!! 

Have a great weekend, Jack and I hope you have a great reward planned!!!  You deserve it!  CLINK!!!  

Jim 
  • Quit Meter

$44,287.50

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 1059 Hours: 23

Minutes: 40 Seconds: 24

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

11 years ago 0 187 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Thanks for the great post Jack.  When I posts like this, it inspires me to keep on trucking.  We can do this! 
I smoked for 26 years plus and it was a big part of my way of life. Now the great adventure is: I can go for a new way of life and... part of the treasure is that I am feeling strong with this! I had a really one or two bad days this week. Problems with wife, son, work...ops what's the problem? It's just my life... Good or not, the cigarretes don't have anything with this. I can go with a little help from you, friends.
THANK YOU ALL AGAIN!
11 years ago 0 1853 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
  Great to know you're sticking with us Jack.  Sounds like you had a very tough time, but you've proven that you have it in you to beat this addiction!  

Vincenza, Health Educator
11 years ago 0 76 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Glad to see you made it too, Jack! I have to agree with you and Breather--this sixth week has been the hardest for me as well. But we are getting through it!
11 years ago 0 2508 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hey Jack!  So glad to see you won and your back..having a wonderful smoke free day a usual..

Red...

Reading this thread: