Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Mother's Day is coming in a few weeks!

AABBYGAIL RUTH

2024-05-15 10:52 PM

Depression Community

logo

Addiction

Lynn123

2024-05-15 9:17 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Challenging Worry - Worry Time

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-14 3:33 PM

Depression Community

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 5:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.753 posts in 47.056 threads.

160,635 Members

Please welcome our newest members: RBARDAJE, CuppaJo, GCAJULAO, RPABIA, TEBON

Recommit to Ourselves to Stay the Course- Final Stages

17 years ago 0 87 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Thanks, Stickin to it! Posts like your's help to solidify my resolve to quit. Thanks for putting this up. :)Pat. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 12/22/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 8 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 347 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $45.6 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 20 [B]Mins:[/B] 17 [B]Seconds:[/B] 3
  • Quit Meter

$95,400.90

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 6028 Hours: 14

Minutes: 14 Seconds: 37

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 40 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
To Imallclear: I have clicked on that Search Messages one, but I wasn't sure what to type in there. lladro
  • Quit Meter

$249,859.50

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 7447 Hours: 12

Minutes: 1 Seconds: 53

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 40 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
;)Oh, I'm so glad I logged on here this morning; I don't know exactly how to get back to your other post, Stickin, but I won't forget the idea of: No Dwelling on it. And more food for thought for the new year! When I read "because it's too difficult to quit over & over" that rings a great big gong for me, after doing it so many times, and remembering that will likely keep me from dwelling on how little it would matter, really, if I just had the one... Thanks again Lladro
  • Quit Meter

$249,859.50

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 7447 Hours: 12

Minutes: 1 Seconds: 53

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 983 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Perfect thread to start before all the New Year Festivities. Thank you so much. Kaiti [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 11/7/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 53 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,180 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $291.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 4 [B]Hrs:[/B] 17 [B]Mins:[/B] 28 [B]Seconds:[/B] 33
17 years ago 0 1150 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
stickin to it, thanks for the inspiration broken down into something I can use when faced with each temptation. It really helps to have the benefit of someone with your experience willing to reach out and able to maintain compassion for the struggle. lladro, have you used the "search message" option yet? it's located to the top left at the home page for posting topics (i think). you can type in a topic and/or a name. then you can follow the link to that post. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 12/29/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 2 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 25 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $10 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 5 [B]Mins:[/B] 34 [B]Seconds:[/B] 20
17 years ago 0 589 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Thanks Stickin for the positive re-enforcement you are always here to give :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 8/12/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 140 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 3,938 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $548.8 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 10 [B]Hrs:[/B] 20 [B]Mins:[/B] 16 [B]Seconds:[/B] 2
17 years ago 0 3908 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Just look for stickin [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 8/8/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 147 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 3,097 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �771.75 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 29 [B]Hrs:[/B] 11 [B]Mins:[/B] 48 [B]Seconds:[/B] 48
17 years ago 0 1985 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Need to remember why we do what we do.
17 years ago 0 1985 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hello On your journey, keep in mind that the goal is to get you to begin to feel free and you do this one step at at time, hour by hour at first, then day by day, and later week by week and so on. Remember not to reach for that cigarrette because it is too difficult to quit over and over again. Just say no for the time, each time and it will gradually fade from your memory. The post below is from days gone by and by reading it I hope that it can help you stay on tract. Perhaps it will give you some insight about into the final stages. Please be aware this can and will happen to you if you keep on truckin! Not smoking contageous especailly with this wonderful SCC support group. Friends, I am at the point in my quit, some 230 days, that the act of smoking has become a distance memory. To forget the memories of smoking is what I consider part of the quit goals, not to forget that I once smoked. With the fading of the memories there goes the fading of those triggers. I know, I don�t need or want to smoke. My last serious urge came around my fifth month of quit, a trigger came out of nowhere and I had to stop what I was doing and take up another activity. I�m not feeling urges anymore at all and haven�t for a couple of months. Today I am a non-smoker, and wonder why I didn�t quit so much earlier. If you stay with the program you will be happy, self confident, and a healthier individual. I am glad that you came to this site. It shows that you have the desire, and with that desire come hope, and that yes, yes, it can be done. Look around. How can so many succeed. It is their will to succeed, their can do, want to, will do positive attitude and actions. Good luck to all of you on your journey. Think positive and the quit will be yours always! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/22/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 342 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 5,138 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1795.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 63 [B]Hrs:[/B] 20 [B]Mins:[/B] 26 [B]Seconds:[/B] 56
17 years ago 0 2838 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
:) What a gem! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 9/8/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 113 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 5,690 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $904 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 11 [B]Hrs:[/B] 16 [B]Mins:[/B] 57 [B]Seconds:[/B] 2

Reading this thread: