Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 9:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.750 posts in 47.055 threads.

160,537 Members

Please welcome our newest members: BXAMUELLE CHRISTIEN, Heinz57, eggmegrolf, PearlCat19, mima

Owning up to my relaspe

17 years ago 0 598 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Sparky, relax, rethink, regroup, and then, restart the journey! :) Cheers, nmc (a fifth time quitter and now, a bridge burner!) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 8/25/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 95 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 958 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $475 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 17 [B]Hrs:[/B] 19 [B]Mins:[/B] 21 [B]Seconds:[/B] 37
17 years ago 0 2039 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hey Sparky, Any thoughts of joining me in the quit on Jan. 1/07? No pressure here. If you're not ready, I FULLY understand. Just glad to know you're here and that your posting from time to time. Thinking of you, Jan [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/1/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] -26 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 0 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $0 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 0 [B]Mins:[/B] 0 [B]Seconds:[/B] 0
Hope you're still reading the posts. Thinking of you, Jan
Sparky, When you are ready, we'll be here. I totally agree with Windy, repeated quit attempts can be mentally exhausting. Gather your thoughts and your plan and meet us here once again. Thinking of you! Cheers, Jan [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 11/14/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 14 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 445 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $126 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 14 [B]Mins:[/B] 52 [B]Seconds:[/B] 9
17 years ago 0 1006 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Big hugs to you Sparky - see you soon! Deli [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 8/1/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 123 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,848 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �369 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 9 [B]Hrs:[/B] 21 [B]Mins:[/B] 53 [B]Seconds:[/B] 41
17 years ago 0 3908 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Sparky one thing to add Smoking does not make you a bad person or a failure don't get too hooked on that idea email or post whenever you feel like it we are mates! Phil
17 years ago 0 3908 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Sparky You know where I am and how to get hold ofe me in your own time. Kev no email addresses here allowed use IM! Phil [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 8/8/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 113 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,375 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �593.25 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 23 [B]Hrs:[/B] 8 [B]Mins:[/B] 2 [B]Seconds:[/B] 1
17 years ago 0 2830 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Nicodemon, I hear you. I remember saying the same thing on here many times, especially in my early months. I LOVED smoking! I MISSED smoking! And then it hit me. No I didn't! I didn't LOVE being in a cold sweat because I had 2 cigarettes left and was late for work and wasn't going to have time to stop at the store! I didn't LOVE standing out in the cold, rain, ice or snow to get my fix. I didn't LOVE the constant cough I had! I didn't LOVE sitting in a movie theatre, not watching the movie but rather wondering when the hell it would be over so I could go out and have a damn smoke! I didn't LOVE spending $26 a week on cigarettes that I could have been spending on things that I really wanted or needed. I didn't LOVE being looked down upon by non-smokers whenever I was getting my fix. I didn't LOVE being a social pariah, standing oftentimes by myself as an outcast so my smoke didn't bother the non-smokers. Funny, we all started smoking so we could fit in... and then ended up standing by ourselves, lonely and rejected, to get our fixes. Our only "friend" became that cigarette that stole from us and has been trying to kill us ever since we met him. I don't love that. And I don't miss that either... and I bet you don't either. There was A LOT that I didn't love about smoking. The only thing that I really, truly DID like about smoking, however, was not being in withdrawals. See, it wasn't the act of smoking that we liked, but rather the fact that it made us not crave. With time, that craving goes away. If you don't know why you quit, visit the pulminary unit in the hospital. That should do the trick. Crave the Quit! Pam [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 10/28/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 402 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 10,072 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1660.26 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 29 [B]Hrs:[/B] 5 [B]Mins:[/B] 48 [B]Seconds:[/B] 24
So glad to hear you're joining us again soon Sparky!!! Nicodemon, if you'd like to continue this conversation, let's do it on another thread so we don't continue to hijack Sparky's thread. Crave the Quit! Pam [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 10/28/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 403 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 10,088 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1664.39 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 29 [B]Hrs:[/B] 6 [B]Mins:[/B] 50 [B]Seconds:[/B] 5
Sparky, Don't hesitate to post if you want to! There's not a requirement of being quit in order to post... there's just a requirement that you WANT to quit and that you are working towards that goal, which I know you are. Regroup, take the time you need to, but come back soon! I know you can do this! Believe in yourself and never think that you can't post, just because you're smoking. We love you and miss you and want to know how you're doing, even if that means posting that you're smoking. We care about you! Hope you get back up on this wagon soon! Crave the Quit! Pam [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 10/28/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 401 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 10,046 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1656.13 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 29 [B]Hrs:[/B] 3 [B]Mins:[/B] 57 [B]Seconds:[/B] 43

Reading this thread: