Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 9:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.750 posts in 47.055 threads.

160,542 Members

Please welcome our newest members: MBERNICE ASTRID, SLOVELY MAE, BXAMUELLE CHRISTIEN, Heinz57, eggmegrolf

Hot Summer Days

17 years ago 0 1128 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Right on Rusty lol :) Australia is nearly always in drought lol. I know we reached temps up to 107 last summer. Its a stinker, air con is the way to go :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 7/11/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 22 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 526 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $224.4 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 20 [B]Mins:[/B] 11 [B]Seconds:[/B] 21
17 years ago 0 1128 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Wow 107 in Canada. (scratches my head) Thats darn hot!!! Really hope it cools down for you guys in the northern hemisphere real soon :) PrincessC :) x [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 7/11/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 22 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 523 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $224.4 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 20 [B]Mins:[/B] 0 [B]Seconds:[/B] 9
17 years ago 0 3131 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Princess C you're right about air C but last night no power, hot hot feeling hot hot hot clammy yark :8o: [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 6/13/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 50 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 764 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $200 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 6 [B]Hrs:[/B] 17 [B]Mins:[/B] 20 [B]Seconds:[/B] 34
17 years ago 0 3131 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Riverdaleman, I know just where you're coming from, As I've had a bad day today, it's hot and soooo humid here too. But I try to visualize myself as a non-smoker all the time and if the thought hits my brain that I used to smoke I turn it into an ugly picture, it helps, I'm no expert but trying to help. Hope you feel better. :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 6/13/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 49 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 748 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $196 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 6 [B]Hrs:[/B] 13 [B]Mins:[/B] 49 [B]Seconds:[/B] 28
17 years ago 0 2838 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I'm with you too! Several times today I have thought about smoking more than I have in some time. After I got home, I actually scoured my older son's room---just in case he left a smoke behind---LOL---they are onto me now and don't leave a BUTT behind! It was very short-lived and then I went for a long walk with my ten year old and then straight into the pool. For a refreshing shower, we took shampoo and conditioner outside and showered under the hose! It felt GREAT!!! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 5/23/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 70 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 3,542 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $560 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 7 [B]Hrs:[/B] 6 [B]Mins:[/B] 56 [B]Seconds:[/B] 31
17 years ago 0 3368 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Sorry the heat is getting to you Riv. I think it is driving a lot of people crazy ... even NON SMOKERS! LOL! I know you will make it through this season smoke free, then next summer season will be a lot easier on you! Keep on fighting the good fight. I know you have it in ya! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 5/12/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 82 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,485 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $328 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 6 [B]Hrs:[/B] 23 [B]Mins:[/B] 14 [B]Seconds:[/B] 24
  • Quit Meter

$54,501.60

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 5956 Hours: 1

Minutes: 32 Seconds: 56

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 261 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Summer Loving - had me a blast Summer Loving - happened so fast, I met a boy, crazy for meeee. Met a girl, cute as can be. Summer Days, drifting away ooaahh! those summer nights. Awella wella wella ooo Tell me more tell me more! Sorry Riv, couldn't resist. As soon as I saw the thread title the song popped into my head. I'm freezing my a** off over here cause it's winter so I'm jealous of the northerners! ;) You are doing great. But please don't forget you can still have dinner and a cool beer outdoors. Sure this is a place where you would have had a cigarette in the past but YOU are not a smoker! Go to the outdoor pool, there probably won't be many people swimming with a fag hanging out of their mouth. Go to these places and focus on how many people there ARE NOT smoking. Trust me, we outnumber the smokers everywhere. 'Cause we ROCK. alison :) Kick the Herb to the Kerb [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 5/16/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 78 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,340 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $975 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 11 [B]Hrs:[/B] 1 [B]Mins:[/B] 18 [B]Seconds:[/B] 5
  • Quit Meter

$90,836.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 8665 Hours: 11

Minutes: 54 Seconds: 7

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 8760 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Riverdale Man, How are you today? Danielle ______________________ The SSC Support Team
17 years ago 0 2614 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Duffis Thank You so much. 166 days is feeling pretty amazing and all shakey and unfamiliar all at the same time. You are like a guardian angel I hope you know. Today really is no better than yesterday. The heat humidity and city that should be s#$%^y air is just oppressive and what better thing to do than get cool and be inside where the air has been purified and filtered to make it at least seem reasonably comfortable. Just breath thanks Lady engrained in my brain: breath in - breath out. Phreak I am in Toronto Canada humidex 47 c today and broke records for heat at night last two. That works out to about 107 f And the humidity is visible. Steam and mist everywhere. I might be in denial but it is probably pollution and not mist. So I am doing okay. This weather is like a blizzard in winter so I get the rest of the day off today. Hooray. Phillip :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/17/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 166 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 3,330 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1245 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 27 [B]Hrs:[/B] 3 [B]Mins:[/B] 19 [B]Seconds:[/B] 52
17 years ago 0 2614 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
The heat is driving me crazy. No it is not just the heat it is the heat, humidity and poor poor air quality. My breathing is reduced to a wheeze just like when I smoked and the addict in me keeps saying just go smoke. I am on edge with this hot sticky weather and I just go back and forth with these junkie thoughts. I keep working to do something different and go in a direction that there can not be smoking and ... I would have been outside having a great dinner and a nice cold glass of beer on a patio and I would have smoked. I would have gone by the local outdoor pool and felt the cool breeze and I would have smoked. I feel boxed in. I know that is not really a feeling and the emotions fear, anger and just plain fatigue are making me mental. I can not give this up. This quit is too precious to me and I have put in way too much energy and effort into this to have it fizzling and drizzling away just because it is a lottle hot out. AAUUUUUGGGGHHHHHGGHHGHHG Thats some fear and anger and a little panic. Sorry for the vent and thats what this is. I think I will grab my suit, and run to the nearest pool and just sit and wait for the next distance swim. Can't smoke in the pool. Ciao Phillip [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/17/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 165 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 3,313 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1237.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 27 [B]Hrs:[/B] 0 [B]Mins:[/B] 4 [B]Seconds:[/B] 46

Reading this thread: