Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Stages of change

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-06-25 11:19 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

What have you learned?

2024-06-19 12:26 AM

Quit Smoking Community

logo

Emergency Happy Questions

2024-06-11 2:42 PM

Depression Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.761 posts in 47.061 threads.

160,836 Members

Please welcome our newest members: Sinea, MANA MARIE, mandie1991, AGAMBOA, BMARCOS

Smoke Time

18 years ago 0 54 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I hear you ! I suppose this is the reason why we are doing this in the first place though...to get free for once and for all? Our lives as smokers were always suffering mild withdrawal or when actually smoking feeling abit stupid or scared that this one could be the one that starts off a cancer. It is hard and relentless - we can't give in, we have to re-claim and re-build our lives! I was just about to post again after my post this morning when I saw yours. At the suggestion of others I'm going to post all the reason's I stopped and all the benefits I've already had to renew my passion for this quit. Maybe you could sit down and do this too, I haven't done that for a while and have lost my focus because of it. Hold on Cheermom! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 5/2/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 44 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 583 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $484 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 3 [B]Hrs:[/B] 18 [B]Mins:[/B] 30 [B]Seconds:[/B] 56
18 years ago 0 481 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
find the thread that someone bumped today that is about the things the nicodemon tells you. It is funny and it will show you how very not alone you really are. I think that everyone gets these thoughts and craves so we are all here with you. Mama [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 6/1/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 15 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 600 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $85.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 14 [B]Mins:[/B] 7 [B]Seconds:[/B] 39
  • Quit Meter

$75,035.40

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 6532 Hours: 13

Minutes: 48 Seconds: 34

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

18 years ago 0 3368 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
A positive attitude really does help me. Some times I have to 'fake' my positive attitude until I 'make' my positive attitude reality. But I find that being thankful for what we 'do' have helps when it comes to having a positive attitude. Also, rational thinking helps one to have a positive attitude. Checking out our thoughts to make sure they are not irrational ... because irrational think will lead to negative thinking. We know for a fact that cigarettes are liars. Nothing irrational about that! ;p [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 5/12/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 38 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,159 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $152 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 3 [B]Hrs:[/B] 5 [B]Mins:[/B] 59 [B]Seconds:[/B] 1
  • Quit Meter

$54,571.20

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 5963 Hours: 16

Minutes: 59 Seconds: 49

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

The stuff should be illegal. We should be able to check into a rehab like any other junkie. Unfortunately we can't. But we can use it to our advantage. Get pissed off at the lies. That is what I did. I do not see cigarettes as something I want ... I look at them as lies. And I hate being lied to. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 5/12/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 38 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,158 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $152 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 3 [B]Hrs:[/B] 5 [B]Mins:[/B] 55 [B]Seconds:[/B] 48
  • Quit Meter

$54,571.20

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

So happy to hear that you made it through the night smoke free. And it sounds like you gave one of your walls some character. heh! ;p Go ahead and laugh about it. (((hugs))) You are doing great Cheermom ... keep it up! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 5/12/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 35 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,066 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $140 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 2 [B]Hrs:[/B] 23 [B]Mins:[/B] 46 [B]Seconds:[/B] 38
  • Quit Meter

$54,571.20

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

Cheermom ... you have been doing really good ... don't you go and give in now! uhuh ... no way! [quote]I am having the roughest evening possible and just want to go buy a pack. Everything that is anything is happening and I am sinking. I feel like I'm sinking. I feel lost and nothing seems to matter except taht smoke. [/quote] Nothing matters except that smoke? That is drug addict/junkie talk. Stinking Thinking. You must get through this to get to the other side. And you can do it. Take a bubble bath, a shower, go work out, go to sleep, rent a movie ... do whatever you need to do to occupy or rest your mind ... but get it off of that junkie talk. Read, post ... we are here for you Cheermom ... we've all been through it and are proof that you can make it past this stage. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 5/12/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 34 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,049 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $136 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 2 [B]Hrs:[/B] 22 [B]Mins:[/B] 37 [B]Seconds:[/B] 14
  • Quit Meter

$54,571.20

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

18 years ago 0 8760 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Cheermom, Your husband' got the right the idea. Putting in place a reward system will help you get those first few weeks. As the quit gets easier, you'll notice the need for a reward will lessen. Should have three components: small one after each craving, medium at the end of the day and a big one at the end of the week. Your rewards should be something you value, very important key. Keep persevering, you can do this! Danielle ________________________________ The SSC Support Team
Cheermom, Your husband' got the right the idea. Putting in place a reward system will help you get those first few weeks. As the quit gets easier, you'll notice the need for a reward will lessen. Should have three components: small one after each craving, medium at the end of the day and a big one at the end of the week. Your rewards should be something you value, very important key. Keep persevering, you can do this! Danielle ________________________________ The SSC Support Team
Hi Cheermom, Now that you've gotten over the rough part of the physiological addiction, you have to deal with the psychological. You need to replace that nasty old habit with a new one. It can be anything... just has to be something you really enjoy. Keep persevering, you're brain is just playing catch up with your body. Danielle ____________________________________ The SSC Support Team

Reading this thread: