Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 9:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.750 posts in 47.055 threads.

160,546 Members

Please welcome our newest members: Water&Forest, MBERNICE ASTRID, SLOVELY MAE, BXAMUELLE CHRISTIEN, Heinz57

Thanks Everyone

17 years ago 0 3368 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Now Stu ... you save that post up there you posted ... and if you get the desire to smoke ... read it. Remember your resolve and your own words. [quote]Quitting smoking is very important to me I just can't smoke and enjoy it anymore as I have way too much knowledge This cycle of smoke, don't smoke, smoke, don't smoke is pretty rediculous and physically and emotionally draining Still Determined to Kick Ash in '06 [/quote] You can do it Stu ... believe in yourself ... we do! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 5/12/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 12 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 376 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $48 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 1 [B]Mins:[/B] 20 [B]Seconds:[/B] 36
  • Quit Meter

$54,501.60

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 5956 Hours: 3

Minutes: 4 Seconds: 22

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 49 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Awesome way to turn it around. Keep it up Stu your body will Thank You!!! :)
  • Quit Meter

$203,472.64

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 6491 Hours: 7

Minutes: 0 Seconds: 2

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 385 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
StuBow, Where have you been ? Have you kept your quit? Sign in and talk to us! Mira :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 5/15/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 17 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 359 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $59.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 9 [B]Mins:[/B] 15 [B]Seconds:[/B] 43
  • Quit Meter

$44,963.82

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 5157 Hours: 23

Minutes: 46 Seconds: 16

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 893 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I like your resilliance Stubow and I know that you will finally Kick That Ash In 06, you are very supportive yourself and deserve no less in return. You were ahead of me when I first came here and offered me lots of kind and supportive words and I will allways thank you and all the others for that. So just get on with it eh!! BTW, one of your posts was on for a short while (before removal) if I correctly recall containing a photo of you on a trike - so maybe I know more than you think! ;p [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/6/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 107 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,291 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �267.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 19 [B]Hrs:[/B] 15 [B]Mins:[/B] 37 [B]Seconds:[/B] 30
17 years ago 0 427 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Not sure what to say here. I am going to post here as opposed to the other support messages on the site. I am totally overwhelmed by the outpouring of support here. I am not really sure what to say other than thank you all so much for your suport and understanding as well as the beatings. I know this is a very tough journey and feel that I have not had the right attitiude and commitment thus far. Quitting smoking is very important to me and as stated elsewhere I just can't smoke and enjoy it anymore as I have way too much knowledge. The most important thing I think is that I am not ever going to give up. I will keep trying to quit until I am totally quit. This cycle of smoke, don't smoke, smoke, don't smoke is pretty rediculous and physically and emotionally draining. I implore anyone sitting on the fence to not do what I have done. It has become very difficult for me to maintain motivation after having picked up the smokes. If at all possible infuse the initial desire to quit with some extra push if it gets sticky as regaining the initial desire is very very difficult. I can tell you from personal experience that you will be far wiser than me if you can keep from picking up that first one. Again thanks for all the Love, Support and Acceptance. You all are an amazing bunch of folks and you don't even know me...or do you? I am here for the long term through whatever may come my way. Still Determined to Kick Ash in '06 StuBow [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 5/24/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 0 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 0 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $0 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 0 [B]Mins:[/B] 0 [B]Seconds:[/B] 0
  • Quit Meter

$24,975.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 633 Hours: 20

Minutes: 33 Seconds: 40

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 1079 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
You're Welcome Stubow, anything for a fellow Ash Kicker!! You WILL do this in 06', I KNOW you will. [color=Red]redrosie[/color] :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/1/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 143 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 3,445 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1186.9 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 13 [B]Hrs:[/B] 23 [B]Mins:[/B] 33 [B]Seconds:[/B] 50
17 years ago 0 180 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Stubow, You know what they say, the more you practice the better you get! And you know you will get this! You have such a great outlook and I am really pulling for you.... You haven't failed until you quit trying. - unknown All the best, Joonie [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 4/22/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 32 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 658 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $112 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 3 [B]Hrs:[/B] 14 [B]Mins:[/B] 11 [B]Seconds:[/B] 24
17 years ago 0 2830 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Stu, My hand is outstretched to you, my friend! Please take it, for you have offered me so many hands, and so many hugs, when I've been down, I can do nothing else but try to repay the favor. Forget about all of the other attempts. Put them in the past. The ONLY one you need to concentrate on is this one. I know that's not easy to do, but when you get down, try to think of all you've accomplished, not all of your failed attempts. For actually, you are not a failure if you keep trying. And if you keep trying, you WILL succeed! When you feel like you can't go on, come here and post. PLEASE, post your own thread stating your problems and asking for help... I know that's not easy for you to do, but there is NO shame in asking for assistance... it's A LOT better than coming here and telling us all that you've blown your quit! You KNOW how that feels and I know you don't like it, so come here first. Nobody will look down on you for asking for help. That's what we're here for. Stand tall Stu! You're kicking one of the hardest addictions to kick, and it's NOT easy. You have a lot to be proud of. Hold your head high and think about your family and all that you have worth living for. I found this poem posted here when I first quit and I copied it to my quit diary, and I want to post it here for you. Determination When things go wrong, as they sometimes will, When the road your trudging seems all uphill, When the funds are low and the debts are high, And you want to smile, but you have to sigh, When care is pressing you down a bit Rest if you must, but don't you quit. Life is queer with its twists and its turns, As every one of us sometimes learns, And many a failure turns about When they might have won, had they stuck it out. Don't give up though the pace seems slow, You may succeed with another blow. Often the struggler has given up When he might have captured the victors cup; And he learned too late when the night came down, How close he was to the golden crown. Success is failure turned inside out The silver tint of the clouds of doubt And you never can tell how close you are, It may be near when it seems so far; So stick to the fight when your hardest hit, It's when things seem worst that
17 years ago 0 1306 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Oh Yes, I know you...we're swingin buddies. Come on now, we are both on the upswing. Got my hand back for ya, grab on. I need help help....PUSH. Penguin [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 5/23/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 1 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 39 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $11.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 3 [B]Mins:[/B] 37 [B]Seconds:[/B] 19
  • Quit Meter

$330,415.95

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 6027 Hours: 3

Minutes: 53 Seconds: 26

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 1073 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
[color=blue]~holding out my hand~[/color] please hold on tight! We CAN do this...really! [color=Purple]~lbugg~[/color] [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/17/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 433 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 22,984 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $2857.8 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 42 [B]Hrs:[/B] 5 [B]Mins:[/B] 51 [B]Seconds:[/B] 2
  • Quit Meter

$52,440.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 918 Hours: 1

Minutes: 31 Seconds: 2

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

Reading this thread: