Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

New Year's Resolutions

2024-03-25 2:47 AM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.748 posts in 47.053 threads.

160,490 Members

Please welcome our newest members: RDANIELA NICOLE, Lfr, CPADUA, DSHAIRRA PE, CLOVELY GRACE

A smoke for spite

18 years ago 0 1521 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Rusty, Just a little wake up call, that's all. Stay strong, you will get through this. Your husband may be dealing with his own issues. He may feel ashamed/bad/jealous that you have the willpower to quit and maintain your quit, while he may not. Stay close to the site, we are all here for you 100%. Rusty, you are a wonderful person, a great asset to this site and a true fighter. Do not let anyone tell you any different! Take Care, Melanie _____________________ The SSC Support Team
18 years ago 0 1687 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Rusty, this is a lesson to all of us. But do you know who I admire more right now???? It's your husband begging you to put the cig out. That tells me how he feels about you being an EX-SMOKER, I'm so glad you listened to him. He didn't want you to go through all thoses HELL DAYS AGAIN!!! No matter what the argument was about, you came to your senses. I am so very proud of you. You hang on to that amazing quit no matter what..... Thanks for sharing... SUNSHINE [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/7/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 73 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,251 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $255.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 10 [B]Hrs:[/B] 14 [B]Mins:[/B] 7 [B]Seconds:[/B] 39
  • Quit Meter

$229,862.81

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 6394 Hours: 19

Minutes: 27 Seconds: 22

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

18 years ago 0 1 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
wow, its ok. you didnt decide to smoke again, it was just a silly thing you did while trying to prove a point. I get that. I think its really awesome that you are able to just put it behind you (I hope) and continue your smoke free journey. Good Job!! Its okay.
18 years ago 0 415 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
WOW! I must say that I am shocked. I just read this today dear. I know that you will be harder on yourself then anyone and you shouldn't be. This too shall pass! Sometimes something takes over our bodies!! Just rememer this when your 800 days smokefree and you feel this urge to get back at your hubby...put some cayanne? pepper in his food. Thats what I do to my husband. He knows that he made me mad and appreciates I didn't bi*ch and moan. I got my revenge and it was over! :) Just some "food for thought"!!! Big Huggggggzzzzzz!!! Take er easy! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/12/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 12 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 125 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $45 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 20 [B]Mins:[/B] 18 [B]Seconds:[/B] 48
18 years ago 0 893 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Wow, this is a huge lesson to us all, it just goes to show that we can never be off guard when such an eminent and well respected member is 'caught out'. N.O.P.E. [quote] [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/6/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 11 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 141 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �27.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 2 [B]Hrs:[/B] 3 [B]Mins:[/B] 20 [B]Seconds:[/B] 51
18 years ago 0 70 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Rusty thank you for sharing this. I was feeling a little cocky after 3 weeks and you knocked me down 2 pegs. Exactly what I needed right now. If you can still be a junkie and do something so crazy after 431 days quit, then I know I am still a seriously major junkie and am very far from leaving it behind forever. Thanks to you I am re-affirming my committment to myself to stay smoke-free forever! I will not do anything that might lead me back to the cigarettes. I hope this is really it and that you will never do that again no matter what. But seriously thank you again, I needed that! N.O.P.E. Stay strong! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/29/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 21 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 262 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $63 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 3 [B]Hrs:[/B] 3 [B]Mins:[/B] 6 [B]Seconds:[/B] 42
18 years ago 0 2364 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
[IMG]http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f190/cuddlebug230/th013eb8fb.gif[/IMG] You Rock Rusty [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/11/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 8 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 177 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $28.8 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 21 [B]Mins:[/B] 52 [B]Seconds:[/B] 27
18 years ago 0 2364 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
[IMG]http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f190/cuddlebug230/hugs.gif[/IMG] You are stronger than nic, and I love getting your post of support and advice. You are a wonderful person and you deserve to be smoke free. It is your quit hold onto it. I admire your strength. Cuddles Knight Ash Kickin Joker [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/11/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 6 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 133 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $21.6 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 16 [B]Mins:[/B] 27 [B]Seconds:[/B] 25
18 years ago 0 327 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
rusty,sorry im late!been working all weekend. i hope it hasent rocked your quit boat to much! why do we do it to ourselves???! a non smoker would never evan think of doin it! we are a crazy old bunch but we care deeply obout eachother as i care for you {{{{{{hugs}}}}}} love ya jan xxx [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 10/13/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 130 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 3,259 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �513.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 12 [B]Hrs:[/B] 16 [B]Mins:[/B] 30 [B]Seconds:[/B] 5
18 years ago 0 1450 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I agree oinkX2u. Having come in late on this thread I see this as a learnN/teachN opportunity so Rusty please bare with me~ Excerpt from [i]Loose Teeth[/i] By John Detrixhe [quote] He had taken the damn aspirin, hoping to die in the office just to spite the nurse. Such a childish thing, Gerald thought, wanting to suffer and die just to spite someone. That afternoon the doctor had prescribed antibiotics and the sinus opening had healed within a week. For a considerable time he had been allowed to dine on ice cream for every meal. [/quote]She reaches for a cigarette while fully aware of her resolve to smoke no more. I don�t think it is a childish act. I think such phenomena are a distressingly common feature of ADDICTION. I�ve have learned[b] over 45 million Americans still smoke cigarettes although about as many have stopped smoking (mostly on their own). 80% of smokers would like to quit, 35% try each year but only 2-3% succeed. Nicotine is highly addictive, so there are many relapses. It usually takes several tries before the �habit can be kicked� (Curry, 1993). We smoke in spite of proven health hazards to ourselves and others, including cancer, heart disease, and 6-10 fewer years to live.[/b] So we have to �kick the habit� AND find/utilize alternative ways to �control the addiction.� -- Rusty, as you probably realized long ago,--eating, drinking, smoking--are often intimately tied with emotions. You didn�t relapse, you �reacted�. If it is true that [i]everything happens for a reason[/i] then let this be an opportunity (for us all) to connect the dots and find alternative ways to cope with [i]pain-rage.[/i] [img]http://img324.imageshack.us/img324/3410/bullet18bn.gif[/img] We all need a plan for �mate hate� days. :eg: ~all the best N2k ;) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 8/20/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 181 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 3,998 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $905 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 17 [B]Hrs:[/B] 5 [B]Mins:[/B] 56 [B]Seconds:[/B] 28

Reading this thread: