Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

HelpPlease

2024-04-15 2:59 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

New Year's Resolutions

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-03-25 2:47 AM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.747 posts in 47.053 threads.

160,460 Members

Please welcome our newest members: Angelbaby, kencatly, jrawrz, AMARIAH BETTINA, HelpPlease

New Person here Hi

4 years ago 0 796 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0

Hi Nancy,

I too quit with the help of the patch for the first month. Your stats on the quit meter is awesome! I can't believe that we used to pollute our body with all those nasty things. What WERE we thinking? Wow, 15 years next month, congratulations on your journey. I'll be 6 years quit this Halloween. Time sure does fly by doesn't it? 🙄

• Quit Meter

$23,129.15

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 769 Hours: 17

Minutes: 2 Seconds: 49

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

4 years ago (Edited 4 years ago) 0 8 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0

Hi Tim,

I appreciate your warm welcome. Much obliged. And your bold font makes these eyes happy. Thanks for the heads up about the meter. Knock wood, and ever vigilant, I will be 15 years clean, this November. Who'd a thunk it? I never thought it was possible.

I was determined, but for me it was hell for a while, panic attacks I believe, etc. I did slip 2 x, not full blown relapses and went back to the quit, but with the help from others, thankfully. Some people quit and that's that, but not me. It is a process, that will get better. The only way out is t>h>r>o>u>g>h.

Being in a quit community greatly helps, I use tools, such as Allen Carr's book, The Easy Way to Quit Smoking. I use the 5 D's, H.A.L.T., being aware of triggers, frustrations, how the body is readjusting, such as with its acetylcholine. Also I used NRT's, that's not for everyone, but it worked for me. I used the patch and a lozenge, I stuck with the program and even did it longer as research found that helped.

Trying to learn how to use this site. Also I just updated my Chrome, maybe that helps?

Thank you to all that read this. I believe we do this together. Looking forward to meeting you all.

Tim, thank you much again for responding. It makes the world of difference.

Blessings,

Nancy

to life

ktq - keep the quit.

• Quit Meter

$70,880.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 1036 Hours: 22

Minutes: 2 Seconds: 55

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

4 years ago (Edited 4 years ago) +1 796 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0

Hi Nancy,

Welcome to the site! How long have you been on your quit journey? How long were you a smoker?

To get your quit meter running, after you log in, click on the "HOME" tab at the top then click on "QUIT SMOKING" and your meter will be in the middle of the page. You can also complete your profile on the same page if you want to.

For the stop smoking forums, click on the "Community" at the top of any page, and then the quit smoking in the drop down box.

This is a fairly new site for quitters that started up back in June I think. They transferred all the quit smoking data over from the old site, "The Stop Smoking Center, (which was around for around 15 years I think) and combined it with their sister sites, "Depression center and Anxiety center". I'm still learning about all the nuances of this new site myself. 😄

I'm sure the users here will welcome your knowledge of your quit journey and all the pitfalls you faced and was able to overcome.

I tried using a larger font to write this for you, but for some reason it's not working. Maybe because I tried it on all of the message instead of just one word? Well that wasn't it. I tried a larger font on just the word "WORD" and it's the same size as the rest of the words. Another glitch that needs fixed! LOL

Oh Ashley, found another bug that needs fixed. (Ashley is one of the moderators here)

Once again, welcome Nancy! 😊

• Quit Meter

$23,129.15

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 769 Hours: 17

Minutes: 2 Seconds: 50

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

4 years ago 0 8 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0

Hi Fellow Quitters,

This is a very informative site. But, I am a bit lost in how to navigate it all. I am actually a longtime quitter, knock wood. The quit site I am using is will be closing down soon. I have been helped by others, and I also like to give back.

Thank you for being here. 😊

(High contrast works best for these oldish eyes.)

Blessings,

Nancy

• Quit Meter

$70,880.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 1036 Hours: 22

Minutes: 2 Seconds: 55

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter