Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 9:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.750 posts in 47.055 threads.

160,535 Members

Please welcome our newest members: BXAMUELLE CHRISTIEN, Heinz57, eggmegrolf, PearlCat19, mima

GETTING STARTED QUITTING AGAIN

13 years ago 0 2778 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hey Dunedad!!!

Welcome back and congrats for getting back up on that horse!!!  You  CAN do this!!!  Continue on with your preparation and continue psyching yourself up!  That was one of the main keys for me... getting my mind prepared and in the right place!!!  Keep on telling yourself that you want this quit more than anything else in the world!!!  I did that for about a week before my quit day and by golly I never looked back!!!

We're all here for ya.... just give a holler if you need a hand!

Jim
  • Quit Meter

$44,302.50

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 1060 Hours: 5

Minutes: 48 Seconds: 42

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

13 years ago 0 206 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hey Kelli -- Welcome!  Stick around with us... there is strength in numbers!
peteg
13 years ago 0 4 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi everyone, just quit on Thursday. Really wanting one today. So, I found this site on line and decided to try it.
I do it cold turkey, but it never seems to last forever.  So, I'm checking out this program. Thank you all for being here. 
Good call, Dunedude.  The water will flush the nasties out of your system; the beer won't.
With not smoking at work, you're way ahead of the game!  This is going to be SUCH a cool ride together!
peteg
13 years ago 0 290 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
   Yes, I remember you sparky! Fagashlynne as well. I think she was a new quit with us last time, but she held her ground....Good on her! An inspiration.  

To do this week: Doc about Wellbutrin, Barnes & Noble about Allan Carr book.

Last time was a 6 month quit for me. The trigger for me was when a buddy came over in his hot rod for a beer. Somehow, someway the smell of racing fuel, the taste of a beer and when he lit one up, I said "gimme one of those, I can handle one". Which I did, so naturally. The next time without any trigger I got another, before I knew it I was smoking again. I realise now I am not one of those people that can have one occasionally.
One thing I have done is  I still dont smoke at work. So I already go1/3 of the day without smoking.

One thing in this quit I need to really look out for is grabbing a beer instead of smoke. Thats what I did last time, and I almost traded one bad habit for another. I'm going to grab a water this time.

13 years ago 0 3307 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Look at the welcome committee!!  Glad to see you back.  There a lot of us who are starting our journey again and the more we can have to make with us all the better.  The Allen Carr book is a really good book.  You should get it and by the time you are ready you will have read the book.   Good to see you!!

Keep the Quit
Sparky
Yup, that was me.
Kinda crazy to have us all back together again... seems like the stars and planets are all aligned for success!
petegf
13 years ago 0 377 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Dunedad,
Glad you came back I think quitting is doable if you set your mind to it.  I also think you hit it on the nail about hating the fact that you are somewhere fun and yet all you can think about is getting your next cigarette.  It's just not that fun to live that way.  As far as Alan Carr's book I think it's a must read because it will make you really decide to never want to smoke again.  Until I read that book I always still thought there was something to be had for smoking, not anymore.

Now this is getting really strange but I remember 1 1/2 years ago sometime after I quit  someone named Pete came on here and was asking for some quit buddy who he had not seen in a while and how he felt bad about it.  I remembered feeling what a bummer he could not find this person. And then I'm reading this and first thing I think of is somehow I think you might be this person. Now I may be very crazy because I am :) but this all seems so familiar...

Perfect timing to be back,
Ron 

Breather;

I heard alot about Alan Carrs book on my last quit, however I have never read it. Maybe this time I should give it a read. It sounds like it might make the difference.
Thanks for the suggestion!
Breather;

I heard alot about Alan Carrs book on my last quit, however I have never read it. Maybe this time I should give it a read. It sounds like it might make the difference.
Thanks for the suggestion!

Reading this thread: