Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Mother's Day is coming in a few weeks!

AABBYGAIL RUTH

2024-05-15 10:52 PM

Depression Community

logo

Addiction

Lynn123

2024-05-15 9:17 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Challenging Worry - Worry Time

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-14 3:33 PM

Depression Community

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 5:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.753 posts in 47.056 threads.

160,634 Members

Please welcome our newest members: CuppaJo, GCAJULAO, RPABIA, TEBON, SJOLINE GEL

My 56th birthday

14 years ago 0 3875 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Welcome to the SSC! What a wonderful way to quit! On your birthday! The gift of a new life!
Before you lies the opportunity for a great quit! Read all you can here, go through the program. Post and ask for help when you need it. Stay positive as much as you can! There are alot of quitters here who have done this and you can do it too!
Get yourself a quit kit ready if you haven't done so, candy, gum, straws, cold water etc etc, whatever rings your bell and keeps your hands and mouth busy! Rearrange your furniture, your computer desk and your routine, it all helps!
Realize that you are addicted to nicotine and the best way to get through this is Not One Puff Ever! NOPE! That's our motto! Congratulations!

My Mileage:

My Quit Date: 3/5/2007
Smoke-Free Days: 1110
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 27,750
Amount Saved: $11,710.50
Life Gained:
Days: 152 Hrs: 21 Mins: 12 Seconds: 2

14 years ago 0 984 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Welcome to the SSC DavidandSally and a very very happy birthday!  This will be one to remember, to cherish - you are making one big decision and have found a great supportive group of folks ready to listen and offer advice when you need it.

I wish you all the success in the world and look forward to helping you celebrate a smoke free 57 next year!

x T

My Mileage:

My Quit Date: 1/1/2007
Smoke-Free Days: 1173
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 26,979
Amount Saved: �7,419.23
Life Gained:
Days: 104 Hrs: 16 Mins: 15 Seconds: 4

14 years ago 0 242 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Happy Birthday, and Welcome to ssc

This is the perfect site to help you quit smoking. There is always someone to encourage you to stay quit. Drink a lot of ice cold water, I like a lemon wedge in my water looks attractive and I like the taste. I see that you like excercising, and that really helps with the cravings.....good luck

My Mileage:

My Quit Date: 1/25/2010
Smoke-Free Days: 53
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 530
Amount Saved: $212.00
Life Gained:
Days: 6 Hrs: 12 Mins: 50 Seconds: 50

14 years ago 0 1080 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Happy Birthday David and Sally! what a terrific present to give yourself- enjoy your day, and welcome to SSC.
My Mileage:

My Quit Date: 5/10/2008
Smoke-Free Days: 678
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 16,950
Amount Saved: $10,170.00
Life Gained:
Days: 82 Hrs: 18 Mins: 35 Seconds: 14

14 years ago 0 230 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Welcome and happy bday!  Congrats on your decision to quit smokng!
My Mileage:

My Quit Date: 11/6/2009
Smoke-Free Days: 133
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 5,320
Amount Saved: $1,330.00
Life Gained:
Days: 15 Hrs: 3 Mins: 45 Seconds: 55

14 years ago 0 11216 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Happy early Birthday! 

If you want this and need this then take it!  You can do this. Read over the program.  Post and read often in the forums; they are full of inspiration and information.  Be sure to set up a rewards system, rewards are great motivational tools!  What other coping mechanisms do you think will help you through this?

Members, please share your tips and support.

Ashley, Health Educator
14 years ago 0 802 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Good morning Sally.  Welcome to SSC, and early happy birthday!  It's easy to quit smoking - just don't smoke. 
Although that statement is true, sometimes it seems impossible to do.  Stick around and let the good folks here help you out when you need it.  There's always someone around who will have gone through what you're going through.  If you feel like caving, come here and post HELP.  Wait for 5 replies, and by then your crave will be gone.  Take some quality time and read through some of the old posts, there's a wealth of information there.  Remember NOPE (not one puff ever), just like Penguin said.  I won't say good luck, 'cause I don't believe luck has anything to do with it.  But, I will say best wishes on your quit, and I look forward to helping in your success. 

My Mileage:

My Quit Date: 1/3/2008
Smoke-Free Days: 806
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 16,120
Amount Saved: $6,125.60
Life Gained:
Days: 90 Hrs: 15 Mins: 30 Seconds: 48

14 years ago 0 50 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Welcome Sally
We will help you help yourself.
This is possible.  NOPE - not one puff ever.

My Mileage:

My Quit Date: 9/19/2009
Smoke-Free Days: 181
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 3,620
Amount Saved: $1,737.60
Life Gained:
Days: 19 Hrs: 18 Mins: 36 Seconds: 8

14 years ago 0 2 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
So It begins. Mine too. 56 to the number 11. I take my leave now for promised I am. 

I give you all my strength in awareness, to find The Way, to truth, that will help you overcome the weakness of this. I did. I must leave now, that's my place. I'm sorry to go. Not my choice. 

This public post is the last I will do here. Out front. I even shape shifted the color. I leave behind my awareness if allowed. If it comforts, fine. Confuses, no matter. Time is fleeting for me and know no more. 

Take care and you have promise at heart. Intention as powerful as action. 

Use that, then the awareness overcomes ignorance, to truth. You'll then know, how, where, you are, and then act upon the unknown, leaving behind known, ignorance, knowing not what you were, beginning where you are, renewed. A new life, of truth. 
14 years ago 0 1904 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Welcome, David and Sally.

My Mileage:

My Quit Date: 5/1/2009
Smoke-Free Days: 322
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 9,016
Amount Saved: $3,831.80
Life Gained:
Days: 36 Hrs: 4 Mins: 59 Seconds: 7

Reading this thread: