Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.749 posts in 47.054 threads.

160,526 Members

Please welcome our newest members: eggmegrolf, PearlCat19, mima, FrannyLou, AABBYGAIL RUTH

I just quit

14 years ago 0 1843 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Nick, welcome to the SSC!  Congratulations on deciding to quit smoking!!  Here are some ideas to help your quit.  Have you filled out "my program" so you have a quit plan in place!  Preparation is key to success!  You want to make sure you are prepared for whatever the nicodemon throws your way.  Put together a reward system to celebrate each passed craving (small reward), each smoke free day (medium reward), and each smoke free week (larger reward).  These is alot of helpful information here, so read as much as you can.  Use the search feature here to look for topics like Zyban and other items affecting your quit.  Nicotine is usually out of your system after 3-4 days, so drink lots of iced water as it helps flush the toxins out of your body and it helps with the cravings. 

I'm glad to hear that the quit is easy for you and going well.  If you need anything, please be sure to post right away as somebody is always around.  And if you get really stressed out and want to smoke, post and wait for 5 responses before you do anything.  By that point the craving will have gone away.

We're all rooting for your success!!!

My Milage:

My Quit Date: 8/20/2008
Smoke-Free Days: 322
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 12,880
Amount Saved: $3,220.00
Life Gained:
Days: 48 Hrs: 2 Mins: 49 Seconds: 32

14 years ago 0 25 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
A couple of days ago (around 4pm on sunday). Hopefully this time it will all work out. I managed to get my doc to prescribe zyban to me, its certainly made this quit easier, though i cant describe how.

My Milage:

My Quit Date: 7/6/2009
Smoke-Free Days: 2
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 40
Amount Saved: �11.70
Life Gained:
Days: 0 Hrs: 9 Mins: 28 Seconds: 1

Reading this thread: