Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Emergency Happy Questions

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-06-11 2:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Questions to challenge negativity

2024-06-03 3:43 PM

Depression Community

logo

Social anxiety disorder

2024-05-29 1:50 PM

Anxiety Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Most Loved

Browse through 411.758 posts in 47.059 threads.

160,770 Members

Please welcome our newest members: MereM, browcari, Cas151, Britanica78, m_ladyschoolme

Killing the demon

16 years ago 0 1890 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hey, Paula!

drink the iced water and treat yourself to nice hot baths during the early days of the quit especially and watch the masochism levels(lol)!!  You don't have to accept the punishment of cold turkey quitting - do deep breathing and  a little aerobic exercise to take the stress out of the struggle... be kind to yourself - this teeth grinding reminds me of my kindergarten days (read Guantanamo Camp for recalcitrant Babies...) at the Holy Faith in the early fifties!!

Patrick

My Milage:

My Quit Date: 1/18/2008
Smoke-Free Days: 116
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 2,900
Amount Saved: $1,305.00
Life Gained:
Days: 21 Hrs: 14 Mins: 5 Seconds: 43

16 years ago 0 763 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Paula,
I'm glad you're feeling a bit better today.  Don't look too far ahead, and remember...its IMPORTANT to be good to yourself right now.
Once you're through hell and heck week, half the battle is over.  It honestly does become easier.
Hang in there and take this one day at a time right now.

Cheers,  Jan

My Milage:

My Quit Date: 1/27/2008
Smoke-Free Days: 107
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 2,675
Amount Saved: $882.75
Life Gained:
Days: 12 Hrs: 4 Mins: 27 Seconds: 24

16 years ago 0 127 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I'm so aware of the physical cravings that I'm having at the moment! Its a bit uncomfortable but I can handle it. My throat is tight, I feel very anxious, I'm cranky, groggy, tired, my chest is tight, I haven't started grinding my teeth yet but I know its on the way! I know this is the nicotine leaving my system, its just strange to be able to observe and know what it is, try and be a bit more understanding with myself.

I was basically torturing myself, keeping myself in hell and heck week which was a bit crazy. I had a great  cry last night, I sobbed my little heart out and fellt a bit better.

Hope you are all doing ok today!

Paula

My Milage:

My Quit Date: 5/12/2008
Smoke-Free Days: 1
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 23
Amount Saved: �8.68
Life Gained:
Days: 0 Hrs: 1 Mins: 55 Seconds: 55

Reading this thread: