Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.749 posts in 47.054 threads.

160,525 Members

Please welcome our newest members: PearlCat19, mima, FrannyLou, AABBYGAIL RUTH, ALAICA

Major Relapse after 13 years

15 years ago 0 706 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Salsa, thank you so much for sharing your story!  You are a very strong person!  You can and will do this.  Hang in there because the road is a little rough, but we are all here for ya!  I am so glad you are here!!!

My Milage:

My Quit Date: 4/18/2007
Smoke-Free Days: 386
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 7,720
Amount Saved: $1,930.00
Life Gained:
Days: 30 Hrs: 19 Mins: 9 Seconds: 52

15 years ago 0 87 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Good luck you found support here when you need it .. ! 

My Milage:

My Quit Date: 2/4/2008
Smoke-Free Days: 94
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 2,632
Amount Saved: $394.80
Life Gained:
Days: 11 Hrs: 4 Mins: 19 Seconds: 6

15 years ago 0 1209 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Well Congrats fr finding us... and getting back on the "wagon".    I am hanging on to this quit...  keep yelling N O P E (not one puff ever)   I am seeing between this site... and another.. that  so many quits are lost with One Puff.

Thank You for sharing this..  We are here for you... so please come and post, wait for several replies.. by then the craving should be gone, and you will have come to your senses.

There is a Free on line e book... "Allen Carr's Easy Way To Quit Smoking"  there is a lot of good information .. and positive thinking. 

Get your meter set up.. it has been a huge incentive .. I don't want to set it at Zero...    the tools, glovebox etc are all here to help you also.

Bonnie

My Milage:

My Quit Date: 2/10/2008
Smoke-Free Days: 88
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 1,496
Amount Saved: $299.20
Life Gained:
Days: 12 Hrs: 16 Mins: 41 Seconds: 3

15 years ago 0 12049 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Salsa,

We are always here for support and knowledge, so continue to lean on us

Josie, Health Educator
15 years ago 0 7 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Salsa - I know you can do it!  How I admire you to be able to run marathons.  You have drive and determination, you have proven that by running and by quitting before.  I have almost 4 days under my belt and you almost 2 so we are pretty close with our quit dates.  I have found alot of support here, I am sure you will too.
15 years ago 0 4 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
What caused me to relapse? Good question! Over my non-smoking years I hated the smell of cigarettes, loved the new energy I developed with better circulation and healthy respiratory system. I was married to a smoker but our house was always a non-smoking zone. I divorced and stayed healthy, started running gradually, and then as a long distance runner. After I completed two half-marathons, I experienced a typical "now what?" low period. Continued to eat as I did when I was training and gained a little weight, started dance lessons and became a very dedicated dancer. (Addicted to salsa) Everything I do is a little compulsive, even my healthy behaviours. With the smoking, occasionally I would be a social event where I had a couple drinks and smokers were present. Once in awhile they would offer a cigarette and I would have a puff and go into a coughing fit and declare how disgusting it was, how glad I was to be free of it. One day last August I did the same but only I didn't cough and I felt a little rush of nicotine and felt calm or a funny little head rush that I didn't mind. That started me off again. And because I was dating a smoker at that time I had more opportunities to smoke. One or two a week. Then one day I bought a pack.

I think any substance or activity that's addictive is used as a way to cope with stress and dealing with problems. Some people never fall into that behaviour, but in my case after 13 years of not smoking, I think it's partly a compulsive behaviour, a little self-sabotage and self-harm. I didn't smoke today, I went to the gym. And I'm going to really focus on loving myself more and look carefully at my behaviour and try to find the inner strength to take better care of my needs without resorting to a habit that we know is harmful.

Take care and thank you all for your support and solidarity. 

My Milage:

My Quit Date: 5/7/2008
Smoke-Free Days: 1
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 14
Amount Saved: $8.00
Life Gained:
Days: 0 Hrs: 4 Mins: 50 Seconds: 47

• Quit Meter

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 0 Hours: 0

Minutes: 0 Seconds: 0

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

15 years ago 0 235 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0

Welcome salsadiva I nkow you can redo the quit dont give up your on the right track come here often read post and yell if you need us Keep the quit nice to meet ya Teresa

My Milage:

My Quit Date: 3/30/2008
Smoke-Free Days: 39
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 1,560
Amount Saved: $195.00
Life Gained:
Days: 3 Hrs: 16 Mins: 7 Seconds: 45

15 years ago 0 216 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Welcome Salsadiva

No matter what caused you the start smoking again, you came to the right place. 

We are all here for you.  We are like family here

My Milage:

My Quit Date: 4/29/2008
Smoke-Free Days: 9
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 180
Amount Saved: $13.50
Life Gained:
Days: 1 Hrs: 3 Mins: 14 Seconds: 43

15 years ago 0 30 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
hi salsadiva,
welcome here and thanks for the lesson, more than ecer we have to say NOPE ....
anyway, u did once u're gonna make it again.
steph

My Milage:

My Quit Date: 4/27/2008
Smoke-Free Days: 11
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 220
Amount Saved: �58.30
Life Gained:
Days: 0 Hrs: 22 Mins: 11 Seconds: 6

15 years ago 0 735 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Salsadiva,
Welcome! You have found a great place for support. Sounds like you know how to quit. Staying quit just requires that you live by NOPE, not one puff ever. Simple and not so simple. You have the desire and staying quit for 13 years shows you have the strength. Use that strength again to quit for good.
wishing you success!!

My Milage:

My Quit Date: 7/21/2007
Smoke-Free Days: 292
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 8,760
Amount Saved: $1,401.60
Life Gained:
Days: 30 Hrs: 2 Mins: 18 Seconds: 35

Reading this thread: