Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.749 posts in 47.054 threads.

160,527 Members

Please welcome our newest members: eggmegrolf, PearlCat19, mima, FrannyLou, AABBYGAIL RUTH

Hello again my friends I am back

16 years ago 0 695 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Welcome back Carlos, Hope you are doing well. Congrats for getting back to your quit!!! I did love the book by "Allan Carr" that was mentioned!!! JUST make up your mind that you can never ever have a puff!! This was my 4th quit in 12 months and I have honestly not slipped because if I did, I would be a smoker in a matter of days!!! Stay positive, If you think you can you can!! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]8/25/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 183 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 3,660 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $549.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 20 [B]Hrs:[/B] 1 [B]Mins:[/B] 30 [B]Seconds:[/B] 59
16 years ago 0 911 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Welcome back, Carlos! We're here to support you along this journey! Boxerfan [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]3/28/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 333 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 6,660 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1,665.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 29 [B]Hrs:[/B] 18 [B]Mins:[/B] 43 [B]Seconds:[/B] 54
16 years ago 0 735 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
and....and.....?? you are stopping smoking right? Carlos, we do love you! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]7/21/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 218 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 6,540 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1,046.40 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 22 [B]Hrs:[/B] 12 [B]Mins:[/B] 21 [B]Seconds:[/B] 26
16 years ago 0 635 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I have the best friends I could ask for Thank you all [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]2/7/2008 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 17 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 340 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $17.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 2 [B]Hrs:[/B] 21 [B]Mins:[/B] 9 [B]Seconds:[/B] 50
16 years ago 0 1209 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Carlos, Welcome back. This is not my first quit either.. and the other quits started with... just one puff. Well I am going to tell you.... there is NO such things as just one.. #1. I had to realize and admit nicotine is a drug.. like any other drug and that it is addictive. #2. I am addicted to nicotine. so like any other drug or addiction. The only way to Quit is.. to QUIT totally.. N.O.P.E. not one puff EVER. I prepared for this quit. I am on Chantix (a new drug) I cut back, I got mints, licorice, bottles of water and anything else I thought that would help. I pictured myslef in situations without a cigarette, or leaving a party or dinner to go outside. You say this is not a good time, you have things to deal with. There is NEVER a perfect time. The day I started my Quit, we got the news my mother in law has lung cancer. She is the BEST mother in law ever.... this is not a good time for me either... but I did not back down. I could find and excuse any day NOT to quit. From her hospital bed my MIL is still asking how I am doing with my QUIT. so come on ....... Don't wait for a Good Day.. This is THE DAY [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]2/10/2008 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 13 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 221 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $34.81 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 23 [B]Mins:[/B] 44 [B]Seconds:[/B] 37
16 years ago 0 3875 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Carlos! Welcome back! Carlos, I just posted this for someone else on another thread also. When people have a child, they don't say "Oh, I hope I can look after it!" It's an automatic, conscious decision that is known from day one, you will have to do it. No one else will! Take the stand, make a stand, make the decision, make the comittment this time, make this your final quit! Whenever those cravings come tell yourself this. "I am a NON SMOKER, and I do NOT smoke, NO MATTER WHAT!" Close the door to cigarettes now, you can't have a puff if they are in your pocket or your house, so get rid of them all! If you are having a puff here and there then you are NOT quit! You can do this, you have done it before! Make the committment today! :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]3/5/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 355 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 8,875 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $3,745.25 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 46 [B]Hrs:[/B] 15 [B]Mins:[/B] 54 [B]Seconds:[/B] 22
16 years ago 0 3307 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Welcome back, it is always nice to see an "old" friend. Just reach out and we will help you walk though this, you know we will don't you? Keep the Quit Sparky [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]4/30/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 299 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,990 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $897.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 42 [B]Hrs:[/B] 9 [B]Mins:[/B] 23 [B]Seconds:[/B] 4
16 years ago 0 3908 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Alan Carr said... Wouldn�t you rather have craves for a little while now, instead of having them for the rest of your life? Every time you light another cigarette, you�re just starting the cycle all over again. Get through the first few weeks, and you�ll never have to feel that way again. Which echoes my comment! Phil [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]8/8/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 564 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 12,408 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �2,961.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 113 [B]Hrs:[/B] 17 [B]Mins:[/B] 24 [B]Seconds:[/B] 44
16 years ago 0 635 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi all Thanks to you for all the good wishes. I am playing hard ball this time [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]2/7/2008 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 16 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 320 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $16.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 2 [B]Hrs:[/B] 16 [B]Mins:[/B] 8 [B]Seconds:[/B] 11
16 years ago 0 1890 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
How are you doing today, Carlos?? Try to post often so you'll get the help you need through this final quit... Patrick [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]1/18/2008 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 36 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 900 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $405.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 6 [B]Hrs:[/B] 17 [B]Mins:[/B] 47 [B]Seconds:[/B] 36

Reading this thread: