Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 9:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.750 posts in 47.055 threads.

160,551 Members

Please welcome our newest members: Water&Forest, MBERNICE ASTRID, SLOVELY MAE, BXAMUELLE CHRISTIEN, Heinz57

New and Nervous

16 years ago 0 880 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Susie We understand that this process can be scary at the outset. We have all felt the same fear to one degree or another. But I promise you that once you gain some real knowledge about how the addiction works you will find ways to fight through the cycle. Once you begin to break the dependency down, you will gain the momentum that you need to continue to build a smoke-free life. nonic [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]12/25/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 405 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 12,150 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $4,252.50 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 75 [B]Hrs:[/B] 12 [B]Mins:[/B] 4 [B]Seconds:[/B] 16
  • Quit Meter

$66,622.50

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 1374 Hours: 18

Minutes: 11 Seconds: 59

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

16 years ago 0 5009 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Susie, Welcome! You may well be a computer novice, but that won't last for long. All that time you used to waste smoking can be put to good use now. You'll soon be our resident IT expert! ;) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]2/13/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 720 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 21,600 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �5,400.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 117 [B]Hrs:[/B] 8 [B]Mins:[/B] 24 [B]Seconds:[/B] 43
16 years ago 0 1040 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I was in much the same boat, Susie. When I came here back in March, 11 months ago, I had smoked for 36 years... and I was having trouble breathing. I knew it was time... and I too was afraid. But it was time... I couldn't put it off any longer, so I just closed the door. I determined that whatever came, I would accept it. No matter how frustrating, no matter how painful, no matter how long it took... I would accept anything... but another cigarette. You can do this Susie. I promise you, you can do this. We're here to help you, to encourage you... to share our experience with you... but the most critical part is up to you. Close the door... and don't look back. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]3/6/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 334 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 8,350 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $3,089.50 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 54 [B]Hrs:[/B] 10 [B]Mins:[/B] 32 [B]Seconds:[/B] 43
16 years ago 0 141 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Today is my quit date. I'm new and very nervous. I hope to find support here and learn from all you successful non-smokers. I have been smoking for 36 years and lately breathing has become difficult. I'm really scared and don't want to fail. I'm also nervous about getting lost in this forum. I'm just learning about computers so if I look lost, I probably am. :8o:

Reading this thread: