Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.749 posts in 47.054 threads.

160,534 Members

Please welcome our newest members: BXAMUELLE CHRISTIEN, Heinz57, eggmegrolf, PearlCat19, mima

hi

16 years ago 0 1000 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Glenna and Dave, Please remember to reward yourself. I used to buy myself a boquet of flowers every Friday the first month I quit. It was nice to be able to smell them. So please no matter how small do something to reward yourself. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]3/21/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 291 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 8,730 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $2,837.25 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 41 [B]Hrs:[/B] 16 [B]Mins:[/B] 15 [B]Seconds:[/B] 23
16 years ago 0 1000 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Glenna welcome aboard the SSC. You can do this and we can help you if you let us. Trust me I smoked for 30 years and never thought I would have the strength or courage to quit. I found that strength and courage right here. So hang tough and give us all a chance to help you. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]3/21/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 291 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 8,730 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $2,837.25 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 41 [B]Hrs:[/B] 16 [B]Mins:[/B] 13 [B]Seconds:[/B] 36
16 years ago 0 3307 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Welcome Glenna. There is lots of help here all you need to do is ask for it. Rusty has given you some good direction. Warning though as the time gets closer you are going to start questioning your reasons for quitting. STOP IT!! That is the junkie talking to you. Take that first step and we will be here to help you. It will be the best gift you could ever in you life time give yourself. Keep the Quit Sparky [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]4/30/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 251 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,510 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $376.50 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 35 [B]Hrs:[/B] 13 [B]Mins:[/B] 30 [B]Seconds:[/B] 9
16 years ago 0 2417 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Glenna - my best advice is to be dedicated to your quit. You have to really want it! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]1/8/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 363 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 5,445 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1,524.60 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 34 [B]Hrs:[/B] 11 [B]Mins:[/B] 44 [B]Seconds:[/B] 55
16 years ago 0 3207 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Welcome to all of you. Dave, what a super reward that is. I agree, prepare and decide that this is a very good thing, not a punishment. Lots of water, pamper yourself, something to chew or suck on, let us know how you're doing. We all want you to succeed [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]3/22/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 289 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 11,560 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1,965.20 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 40 [B]Hrs:[/B] 20 [B]Mins:[/B] 45 [B]Seconds:[/B] 31
16 years ago 0 1093 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
glenna, den and dave - so glad to have you all here. Listen to Rusty and check out the SSC program tools and workbook. Like she said, there is a bunch of good info and tips here. Also, stay close, read and post often. We are so happy you have made such a great decision to improve your life! :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]8/25/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 133 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 3,990 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $778.05 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 12 [B]Hrs:[/B] 2 [B]Mins:[/B] 3 [B]Seconds:[/B] 55
16 years ago 0 8760 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Glenna, Welcome to the site and congratulations on setting your date! We encourage you to begin preparing for it by working the tools of the program and reading through past/current threads. If you have any questions, just ask! Danielle, Bilingual Health Educator
16 years ago 0 38 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Good luck with it Den. I've just got to six days. It's been pretty tough but I am six days nearer it getting easier so I' feel good about that. And my kids are thrilled that when I kiss them goodnight I don't stink. Go for it! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]12/30/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 6 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 150 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �41.25 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 1 [B]Mins:[/B] 33 [B]Seconds:[/B] 25
16 years ago 0 2462 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi there both of you, there is lots of advice on this site if you read through posts. Also work the quit program tools...they are very helpful and will give you a lot of information you need to kick this addiction. I think we all would recommend that preparation is very important to know as much as you can before your quit date. But the bottom line is you -- your determination to quit. If you really want to quit, don't let any person or circumstance get in your way. Get rid of all cigarettes and ashtrays, stay away from tempting situations for a while, drink lots of water, eat healthy foods often to keep your blood sugar up, start a quit journal and make a list of all your reasons to quit. I am testament to the fact that quitting is doable. I know you can do it! Rusty :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]12/13/2004 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 1118 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 31,304 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $3,913.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 159 [B]Hrs:[/B] 21 [B]Mins:[/B] 42 [B]Seconds:[/B] 26
  • Quit Meter

$54,828.80

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 647 Hours: 12

Minutes: 47 Seconds: 3

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

16 years ago 0 515 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I don't have much advice for you except to read all you can here, that is what i am doing right now. My quit date is Monday Jan.07/08. Or maybe before if i run out of cigarettes. I wish you the best and read and post as much as possible before then. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]1/7/2008 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] -1 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] -15 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $-5.70 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 0 [B]Mins:[/B] 0 [B]Seconds:[/B] -1569

Reading this thread: