Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 9:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.750 posts in 47.055 threads.

160,551 Members

Please welcome our newest members: Water&Forest, MBERNICE ASTRID, SLOVELY MAE, BXAMUELLE CHRISTIEN, Heinz57

Day 1 and so far so good

16 years ago 0 67 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Moss and Welcome Just read your post and checking in to see how your doing today? I took a few days off work and with my daughter in school it is so nice to relax and doing absolutely nothing. This was my reward for making it past 2 weeks. You can do this and you'll find lots of quit buddies. Bear could tell you all about it. This site has alot of wonderful supportive people and animals. With their help we can all maintain our quits together!! Post anytime you need even just to check in. I'm also here for you! Kayla [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]11/5/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 15 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 525 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $165.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 11 [B]Mins:[/B] 12 [B]Seconds:[/B] 50
16 years ago 0 5009 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
[font=Courier New] Hi Moss, Hello and welcome to the site! I'm Mister Ed and just another Quitter like you. And like you I thought 'Can I really do this?' Well, the answer is a resounding YES and it's the best thing that I've ever done. This site has helped so many of us stay quit. There are all different kinds of people here: people who have thousands of posts to their names, the people who seem to just want to help others, some who just want to observe and maybe learn from what they read and those who just like shouting 'HELP!' from time to time. Use this site as you want, access the Quit Program Tools on the left of the screen, talk one to one with others using Internet Messenger and the Moderators are always there to help as well. In addition, I produce a daily list of those quitters who are celebrating, say 1 week, 1 month, 50 days 1 year and so on. If you want to be part of this, simply send a post to the Daily Quitters thread.. There is also a group outside the SSC for the SSC. Click [url=http://sg.stopsmokingcenter.net/support/viewmessages.aspx?topic=40156&forum=1&forumname=Forum%20for%20New%20Users%20&%20General%20Discussion&topictitle=The%20SSC%20worldwide!!]here[/url] for more information. A number of us set this up as a way of thanking the SSC for their good work. It is primarily a way of advertising the site to the outside world, but also a load of fun, if you want to join. We're not allowed to put email addresses in posts, but check it out! Welcome again and I'm sure you will enjoy a winning quit!! [/font] [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]2/13/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 645 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 19,350 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �4,837.50 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 103 [B]Hrs:[/B] 15 [B]Mins:[/B] 22 [B]Seconds:[/B] 51
16 years ago 0 1698 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Moss Welcome aboard Glad to see you hav'nt killed any students yet. ;) Not a bad idea to huddle up with somebody especialy if their female.We call them quit buddies and it can be an additional form of support. Naw hav'nt seen that 100 times before more like 110. ;p [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]3/20/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 245 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 4,410 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $2,450.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 55 [B]Hrs:[/B] 23 [B]Mins:[/B] 11 [B]Seconds:[/B] 58
16 years ago 0 649 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Tuesday morning and still hanging in there. Attitude, Attitude, Attitude. Hi Queen39 and Good Wishes and Luck to you. Let's do this together. Anybody else out there on Day 1 or 2. Join the thread, Let's huddle up, work the plan, and kick some BUTTS. I'll bet you Vets have seen that one a hundred times already. For just a moment I thought I may have come up with a good one there. JEEEEESH Moss [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]11/19/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 1 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 15 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $2.63 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 5 [B]Mins:[/B] 29 [B]Seconds:[/B] 41
16 years ago 0 8 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
WTG Moss!!!! Am on my first day smokeless also and I too have taken the next few days off work so i can be idiotic by myself. Hope you have a GREAT 2nd day as well. We are all rooting for you!!! Keep it up.
16 years ago 0 1356 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Mossman, I am glad you are feeling good today! Be ready for tomorrow, rest well - you might sleep more than you are used to, change up your routine a bit, tea instead of coffee, drive or walk a different way, bring alot of snacks, mints, etc... Deep breaths help, and music - loud music helped me alot. And jellie bellies, sour ones. My DH keep his quit reasons in his shirt pocket, if he went reaching for a smoke he got those instead. Notice the positives, for example, your lungs are healing already! We are with you, stay close, read read read this board and post if you need help. Sue [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]5/3/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 200 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,000 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $350.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 19 [B]Hrs:[/B] 1 [B]Mins:[/B] 25 [B]Seconds:[/B] 5
16 years ago 0 2223 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hey moss, hang tough you can do this :):) good luck i hope to see a few days on those stats when i get back in here :) Take care Tresa ( HI ALOHA) :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]8/8/2002 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 1929 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 38,580 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $6,751.50 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 272 [B]Hrs:[/B] 0 [B]Mins:[/B] 59 [B]Seconds:[/B] 40
  • Quit Meter

$14,586.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 689 Hours: 1

Minutes: 28 Seconds: 17

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

16 years ago 0 3207 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Look at you go, Mossman!!!! You're going to do just fine, I can tell. Acting idiotic isn't so bad, just so long as it doesn't hurt others ;) Hope you get your internet sorted out. It really can help to be here a lot. Thanks for keeping your name, too :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]3/22/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 242 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 9,680 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1,645.60 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 33 [B]Hrs:[/B] 19 [B]Mins:[/B] 35 [B]Seconds:[/B] 37
16 years ago 0 649 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
First and Foremost Thanks to all of you who have given me some great advice about preparing for this. A couple major craves earlier today but I trudged through and just like many of you said, Wait 5 minutes, and they lessened. Also I was able to arrange the next few days away from students so I can act idiotic by myself if the need arises. I'm hoping for a decent internet connection the next few days so I can reach out for help and also share my experience with other newbies. Hope to check back this evening - Moss P.S. ALOHA - I will keep my nickname the same (just for you) ;) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]11/19/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 0 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 0 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $0.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 2 [B]Mins:[/B] 43 [B]Seconds:[/B] 59

Reading this thread: