Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Mother's Day is coming in a few weeks!

AABBYGAIL RUTH

2024-05-15 10:52 PM

Depression Community

logo

Addiction

Lynn123

2024-05-15 9:17 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Challenging Worry - Worry Time

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-14 3:33 PM

Depression Community

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 5:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.753 posts in 47.056 threads.

160,630 Members

Please welcome our newest members: RPABIA, TEBON, SJOLINE GEL, Duncan Brown, BBEA ANGELIC

New here and need to quit

16 years ago 0 8 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
thank you for the suggestion on finding a buddy close to my quit date. I will look around the site to learn more. Thank you also for letting me know how to get my meter up on my posts. I am off now to got to walmart, my grand daughter is here with us till she goes back to school and she is ready to go spend her money lol I will check in later Dee [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]12/26/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 1 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 10 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $2.25 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 3 [B]Mins:[/B] 37 [B]Seconds:[/B] 5
16 years ago 0 1107 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Okay, your last cigarette was yesterday. That means you're serious about quitting. I smoked for 35 years, and I did the same thing. As soon as i finished the pack I had, I just said enough. Take it 10-15 minutes at a time, then an hour, two, three etc. Then you can say woohoo! I've got a day, then two...before you know it it'll be a week and you got through hell week. I ate an awful lot of peanuts, and pretzels. Everyone has something they use to keep either their hands or mouth busy. Also, what really helps a lot is someone on this site who is very close to your quit time to "buddy" with. To post your meter, click on profile on the right side of the posted messages. Hang tough, you can do this. Oh yeah, welcome to the SSC, and before you light up, check the site, and post. Believe me it really works. Goofy [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]10/28/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 60 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,400 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $378.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 10 [B]Hrs:[/B] 9 [B]Mins:[/B] 25 [B]Seconds:[/B] 2
16 years ago 0 8 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
good morning, I hope everyone had a Merry Christmas, well my start date was set for January 8th, however so far my last cigarette was December 26th at 4 pm.I am going to do my best second to second here not to smoke today I need to figure out how to put all this in my profile , the way I see everyone else's here Dee
16 years ago 0 21 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Oops... I was also going to wish you all a very Merry Christmas, and many, many thanks for all your help during my first week of being an ex-smoker! Cheers everyone! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]12/17/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 7 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 105 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $7.88 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 21 [B]Mins:[/B] 56 [B]Seconds:[/B] 7
16 years ago 0 21 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
That's really, really great Needtoquit! I've been quit for a week now, and this is definitely the best Christmas I've had in years and years... Freedom from smoking is the best present I've ever received, even if it came from myself. To celebrate my escape from Hell week, I've now put up a profile picture :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]12/17/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 7 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 105 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $7.88 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 21 [B]Mins:[/B] 55 [B]Seconds:[/B] 29
16 years ago 0 591 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
What a wonderful Christmas present you guys are giving one another and yourselves. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]7/17/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 525 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 39,375 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $9,843.75 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 45 [B]Hrs:[/B] 18 [B]Mins:[/B] 55 [B]Seconds:[/B] 21
16 years ago 0 880 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
needtoquit One of the things you might find surprising about quitting is that as you move forward you will begin to realize the smoking itself actually added to your stress. Don't worry about past attempts and outcomes, it doesen't really matter. What is important is that you are here now and this is your chance to finally leave the smoking in the past. Thanks for joining us. I am sure that you will find a great many people here who will invest in your quit and try to give the best possible advice. nonic [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]12/25/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 364 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 10,920 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $3,822.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 66 [B]Hrs:[/B] 11 [B]Mins:[/B] 55 [B]Seconds:[/B] 19
  • Quit Meter

$66,717.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 1376 Hours: 12

Minutes: 35 Seconds: 31

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

16 years ago 0 317 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Merry Christmas Needtoquit! Good for you for making the decision to stop smoking and to take back control of your life! It can be done and you will be so glad you did! The first few days I did a lot of deep breathing, snacking, napping, reading and of course spending lots of time here on the SSC site! Keep us posted and best wishes to you and your husband! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]10/15/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 70 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,400 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $350.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 6 [B]Hrs:[/B] 17 [B]Mins:[/B] 5 [B]Seconds:[/B] 14
16 years ago 0 1698 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Great idea quitting together make sure all sharp instruments,guns,iron frying pans are all securly locked away. ;)just kidding.All the best and if you need us were right here and tell your husband to drop in to we need some guy help here I'm out numbered by all these gorgeous women . :p [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]3/20/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 279 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 5,022 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $2,790.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 63 [B]Hrs:[/B] 18 [B]Mins:[/B] 55 [B]Seconds:[/B] 30
16 years ago 0 251 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Merry Xmas to you too and Happy New Year, Needtoquit. I smoked 40 years and a pack and a half a day...I'm on my 15th day now and it's going not too bad. Got to take it one craving at a time. It's great that you're getting hard candy. It helps me a lot too. And what I did was post on my livingroom wall next to my chair a list of reasons why I quit smoking. That has helped me tremendously. I'm sure glad your husband decided to quit too. That's great. You can support each other whenever rough times hit. Anyway, welcome and good luck on your quit. May you be successful, both you and your husband. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]12/9/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 15 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 525 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $232.05 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 2 [B]Hrs:[/B] 5 [B]Mins:[/B] 2 [B]Seconds:[/B] 59
  • Quit Meter

$56,705.50

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 782 Hours: 18

Minutes: 30 Seconds: 13

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

Reading this thread: