Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 9:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.750 posts in 47.055 threads.

160,551 Members

Please welcome our newest members: Water&Forest, MBERNICE ASTRID, SLOVELY MAE, BXAMUELLE CHRISTIEN, Heinz57

Hi everybody

16 years ago 0 1543 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Stef, 4 weeks is huge... your doing awesome!! You should reward yourself. I never understood the importance of rewards till joining this group. when you smoked you considered cigarettes rewards...and you rewarded youself all day. When you quit you kind of miss that. Doing little things for yourself durring your quit produces the same brain feeling. Believe me....it really helps. It doen't have to be expensive...but make it about you. So...buy some special bath oils.....makeup...new hairbands....purse....special teas...a latte...or CD you have wanted. Nice to meet you. Write all you want. It does help. Also go back and read lots of our past threads. They will be sooooo helpful Mercy [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]1/21/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 192 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 3,840 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $858.24 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 25 [B]Hrs:[/B] 4 [B]Mins:[/B] 25 [B]Seconds:[/B] 28
16 years ago 0 174 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi!! My name is Stephanie and i'm new on this site. I've quit smoking 4 weeks and 2 days ago. Some days are really good...other aren't that good. I tried to quit smoking a few times. The longest that i was able to stop was for 10 months (that was 2 years ago.) This time i triying cold turkey and by reading lots of book on quitting smoking. Alen Carr's book help me the most. He says in his book that he used to smoke 5 packs a day for 35 years. So i'm telling myself: if he can do it, so can i. However, sometimes i feel like i have and angel and a devil in my head. The angle tries to keep me smoke free and the devil makes me miss it so much (ha! ha!) Some days, i remember all the reasons why i stoped smoking. Other days, i can't remember one. There was a certain period that was hard for me today. My boyfriend and i had are first fire (in our fireplace outside) of the summer. It was sooo hard for me to enjoy it without a cigarette. That used to be one of my favorite spots to smoke...right next to a cracling fire. I was so pissed at myself at that moment. Instead of enjoying the moment with my boyfriend and being proud of myself for taking control of my life...i could'nt stop repeating in my head: I WOULD SO SMOKE A CIGARETTE RIGHT NOW!!!!. Anyways, i'm taking one day at a time. I'm not one of those person that can say not one more puff...it scares me to much and i don't want to put that pressior on myself. Instead, i end everyday by congradulating myself for being smoke free and facing tomorrow with a positive attitude. Wow...it felt real good writing all this. I hope this site will help me stay smoke free. Thanks everybody.

Reading this thread: