Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.749 posts in 47.054 threads.

160,529 Members

Please welcome our newest members: Heinz57, eggmegrolf, PearlCat19, mima, FrannyLou

I hope this program helps

16 years ago 0 533 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
addictedaz, how's it going? [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]4/24/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 40 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 800 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $180.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 3 [B]Hrs:[/B] 7 [B]Mins:[/B] 25 [B]Seconds:[/B] 28
16 years ago 0 813 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hey addicted Welcome, you have landed lucky this time. There are many many people here who will invest in your success. This is a good site and I predict that for you, this is your last stop on the way to quitten town. What you describe, is the cycle of addiction that we all are riding. The key word is addict...This is derived from the latin word addictus, which means to devote, yield or deliver. We have yieled to the effects of nicotine. We have devoted our lives to the smoking of said substance and in the end have delivered ourselves up to its damaging consequences. Make no mistake, nicotine is one mean, tough and nasty substance to put down once it has been invited into one's life. And remember each of us has invited it in...We must take responsibility for our situation before we can achieve any degree of freedom from its grip. For me, since I consider myself an "emotive smoker", or one who self-medicates in order to deal with unpleasant emotional states, understand the depression of which you speak. I do not negate the seeming power that nicotine has to mitigate these emotional states. However, I am also going to tell you that it only "seems" to do so. You will not know this, though, until you have willed yourself through the addiction. And that is the rub. Right now you are totally sold on the myth of nicotine as we all are to one degree or another. The difference is, however, that the longer and stronger you fight the more you come to realize that you never needed nicotine to handle those tricky emotional states. It will dawn on you one fine day that you have been lied to. But you cannot get to that realization until you commit to abstinance from the drug that deceives you every day. Take your time. plan your quit, learn why you smoke, learn when you smoke and develop methods to deal with it. Read posts, post yourself and yell and whine all you want, we understand your pain. YOU CAN DO THIS, and this is the best place to make it happen. nonic [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]12/25/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 158 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 4,740 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1,106.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 28 [B]Hrs:[/B] 22 [B]Mins:[/B] 50 [B]Seconds:[/B] 53
16 years ago 0 672 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Welcome to nicotine addiction awareness ! You are completely & uterly dependant on nicotine from the moment you wake up in the morning to the moment you hit the sack. Ex-smokers are tuff, the crap we have to go through when we quit - non of us want to experience this again.... but unfortunately we are only human. Quitting is a journey where we have no choice but to learn about what makes us tick & eveluate what our lives have become. This makes for some life changing Stuff & that my friend is what trips us all up. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]1/1/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 881 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 22,025 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $5,726.50 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 125 [B]Hrs:[/B] 22 [B]Mins:[/B] 33 [B]Seconds:[/B] 21
  • Quit Meter

$12,509.88

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 625 Hours: 20

Minutes: 58 Seconds: 37

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

16 years ago 0 207 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
It ain't easy, but you are NOT alone. Stick to this program, and remember, ONE DAY AT A TIME. Although sometimes it is ONE HOUR AT A TIME. I quit cold turkey after 20 years of smoking and trying to quit. This site helped sooo much by the others sharing their experiences with me and everyone else. YOU CAN DO THIS!!!! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]4/2/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 425 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 17,000 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $2,550.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 62 [B]Hrs:[/B] 19 [B]Mins:[/B] 31 [B]Seconds:[/B] 32
16 years ago 0 86 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Yes, this program has helped me because I feel like there is someone else out there feeling the same cravings I have. Everyone is there to give you support when your get down and depressed. I like the parties, the jokes, the stories, the feedback, the friends and everything else about it. You can also offer your support to someone else that may be having a hard time. Maybe you will be the one that makes a difference on a decission of someone else smoking or not smoking. I think you will love it. :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]5/28/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 4 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 40 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $8.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 14 [B]Mins:[/B] 52 [B]Seconds:[/B] 19
16 years ago 0 250 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hey AddictedAZ. I, like many here, have tried multiple times to quit and failed. I've gone a day, a week, a month even, and always went back to smoking. Not this time though; this is THE quit. A few things are different this time: 1) I've learned from each of my previous tries and gained knowledge about myself and this addiction that has mastered me for so long. And, in turn, used that knowledge in this quit. I have the tools necessary to deal with cravings, panic attacks, stressful situations, weight gain, depression, whatever comes my way. 2) I've forced myself to decide that it's OKAY to get HELP. I've been seeing a therapist and I've joined this site which is the greatest support group I can imagine. The therapist has helped me with the deeper reasons that I smoked. Smoking, for me, was only a symptom...my self-destructive behaviors were only a symptom of much deeper issues. I gotta tell you, 8 weeks smoke free and facing those issues head-on has been amazing and empowering...really hard! But worth it in every way. 3) MY DESIRE TO QUIT IS STRONGER THAN MY DESIRE TO SMOKE. You can do this, AddictedAZ. Maybe not alone. Maybe not without tools. Maybe not without the desire to really quit for good. But you can do it. I hope this helps. You deserve to be free of this addiction. :) --Shakes [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]4/5/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 57 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,140 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $513.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 7 [B]Hrs:[/B] 3 [B]Mins:[/B] 47 [B]Seconds:[/B] 54
16 years ago 0 3541 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
What she said! I am far more optimistic and positive in this quit than I've ever been. It makes such a difference to have the support & advice, to be prepared and to learn about the addiction. The older posts are great for understanding that you aren't alone & what you feel is normal. We are all succeeding at this very difficult thing together. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]5/13/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 18 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 360 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $198.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 21 [B]Mins:[/B] 29 [B]Seconds:[/B] 30
16 years ago 0 3875 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
No Maybe's about it! It has worked for many. Please read all the posts you can, ther is so much information here and it is all so helpful. Just back in March I was in the same boat, Look at me now, This place has been the difference. I have quit many many times, and so far this quit has been very different, much more positive, and I have all these wonderful ex smokers to thank. You can do this, if you are really ready you will do this! Ready your mind, be prepared to make this your final quit and you will succeed! :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]3/5/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 87 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,175 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $917.85 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 10 [B]Hrs:[/B] 17 [B]Mins:[/B] 30 [B]Seconds:[/B] 48
16 years ago 0 1 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I have been trying to quit - many times. I can quit for a few days, or even a few months, but I always go back to smoking. Sometimes I feel it is hopeless. I feel sick when I smoke, but anxious and depressed when I don't. I have tried several quit smoking aids and they have worked, but then I turn around and start smoking again. I have not tried an online support program yet, so maybe this will work. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]6/1/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 0 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 0 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $0.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 3 [B]Mins:[/B] 14 [B]Seconds:[/B] 28

Reading this thread: