Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.749 posts in 47.054 threads.

160,526 Members

Please welcome our newest members: eggmegrolf, PearlCat19, mima, FrannyLou, AABBYGAIL RUTH

Hello

16 years ago 0 3207 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Yeah, tankgirl! I'm not hauling your butt up to any great scenic spots if we have to drag your oxygen tank with us! I mean it!!!!! Now quit smoking, dang it! -aloha [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]3/22/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 57 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,280 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $387.60 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 8 [B]Hrs:[/B] 1 [B]Mins:[/B] 45 [B]Seconds:[/B] 8
16 years ago 0 911 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Welcome Tankgirl, I know it may seem a little scary at first, but you can do it. I think it is a great idea to visit with your doctor about possible aides. Just keep in mind that they are "aides". After the first week, for me it has been more of a mental battle than a physical one. It's making up your mind to do it, and sticking to your decision. Great planning will also help you be a success. Sounds like you're on your way! I am taking Chantix and it has worked well for me so far. I'm also a teacher and I quit two weeks before student state assessments. I probably could have planned the beginning of my quit a little better, but I made it through that very stressful week smoke-free. That has given me a great deal of confidence. You can do this, too. We're here to cheer you on! Boxerfan [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]3/28/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 51 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 918 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $255.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 4 [B]Hrs:[/B] 15 [B]Mins:[/B] 9 [B]Seconds:[/B] 53
16 years ago 0 1356 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Tankgirl, it's a great site and reading these messages is wonderful support for me. Attitude is everything and it sounds like you are set. If you need support we are here :) Sue [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]5/2/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 16 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 160 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $28.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 14 [B]Mins:[/B] 32 [B]Seconds:[/B] 39
16 years ago 0 3 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Thank you for all the support. But, Please, please don't go there with the preachy lung cancer...can't breath...disgusting, pathetic life and way to die stuff with me...just doesn't work. I've known all that for years...and I kept on smoking. Maybe I'm weird...but I can't do it that way. I already have a chronic illness and so anything connected with illness, etc. just doesn't help me. I just have to go at this a different way...like how am I going to learn to dive at 40 if the DR. won't sign the medical release...or how I can't comfortably cruise around Hawaii with an Oxygen tank strapped to my butt. Anyway, Called my Dr. today and made an appointment...I guess I'm really gonna do this right. She suggests to make no major changes, just keep the cutting back, etc. until she sees me. She wants to get me something to help "boost" the quitting and make it easier. The plan is to see her after school is out next week(I teach) and start the big Q after we get back from our big summer Vacation in early June. You know...as I do all this stuff..it does seem more real. I'm beginning to think I have a chance. Thanks so much for the support...evidently writing things that are incredibly too long and painfully boring to read helps me get this all real in my head. Thanks for taking the time out to bother. Tankgirl :8|: [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]6/18/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] -30 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] -300 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $-120.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 0 [B]Mins:[/B] 0 [B]Seconds:[/B] -224433
16 years ago 0 156 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Tankgirl, Don't set yourself up with what if questions. Go at it with a positive attitude that you can quit period!!! You know if you want it bad enough you can do it with your strength and our help. you'll be amazed at how much more powerful you are than a stick with a filter and white wrapping. Don't stray too far from this site and post when your struggling. You'll see how many people will come to your rescue and help out!! They were there for me and even though I'm a tough gal I couldn't have done it without the support of people who I now consider my life giving friends!! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]3/16/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 63 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,205 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $693.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 6 [B]Hrs:[/B] 0 [B]Mins:[/B] 57 [B]Seconds:[/B] 16
16 years ago 0 33 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Tankgirl You can do it!!! These people can give you the encouragement you need. I never thought I'd have made it this far but I feel with the help of these forums that I've overcome obstacles I could have never hurdled prior to meeting these folks. If you really want to quit, you are at the right place to do it! I have faith in you, now all you need is faith in yourself. With that, you can accomplish anything. Del [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]5/14/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 4 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 80 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $14.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 14 [B]Mins:[/B] 4 [B]Seconds:[/B] 37
16 years ago 0 44 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
the thought of slowly suffacating...from COPD doesn't really sit well with me!!! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]4/19/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 29 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 725 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $130.50 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 2 [B]Hrs:[/B] 22 [B]Mins:[/B] 26 [B]Seconds:[/B] 34
16 years ago 0 3908 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I am so terrified that I will fail ........ You words girl...... I am more terrified of a slow lingering death from lung cancer arent you? me x [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]8/8/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 283 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 6,226 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �1,485.75 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 55 [B]Hrs:[/B] 4 [B]Mins:[/B] 44 [B]Seconds:[/B] 58
16 years ago 0 5009 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Tankgirl, Planning is everything, but stick to that Quit date! :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]2/13/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 459 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 13,770 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �3,442.50 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 73 [B]Hrs:[/B] 17 [B]Mins:[/B] 40 [B]Seconds:[/B] 52
16 years ago 0 87 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi tankgirl! I made the decision to quite about 6 weeks ago and planned for a Cold Turkey QUIT two weeks later and went 5 days then set a new date of 5-11-07. I have been smoke-free ever since. Yes, it is hard but it won't kill you. The smoke will but this won't. You can do it and with help if you need it. I know I need it. I'm using the patches, 21 mg for a plan of six weeks and then stepping down. The most important thing to do is stay positive. It really helps when you feel down and out. Your body is healing and you have to relearn how to live. Make changes all for the best. Take this time to prepare yourself and you will realize that you do not have to be a slave to this drug. We can do it! I have been to the end of the earth and back and if I can do that, I can do anything! STAY POSITIVE! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]5/11/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 7 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 140 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $24.50 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 11 [B]Mins:[/B] 56 [B]Seconds:[/B] 16

Reading this thread: