Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Mother's Day is coming in a few weeks!

AABBYGAIL RUTH

2024-05-15 10:52 PM

Depression Community

logo

Addiction

Lynn123

2024-05-15 9:17 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Challenging Worry - Worry Time

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-14 3:33 PM

Depression Community

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 5:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.753 posts in 47.056 threads.

160,634 Members

Please welcome our newest members: CuppaJo, GCAJULAO, RPABIA, TEBON, SJOLINE GEL

New Here

17 years ago 0 1543 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
misha, Your doing great... and like everyone said... what you are feeling is normal. Be more patient with yourself. Take it slow..go with the flow. Spend time being glad you are quiting..and fight with all you have not to feel sorry for yourself. I always say...."you don't got to quit.... you get to quit!!" ;) Mercy [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/21/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 99 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,998 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $442.53 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 12 [B]Hrs:[/B] 22 [B]Mins:[/B] 58 [B]Seconds:[/B] 52
17 years ago 0 357 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Misha, It will get better, I found day 3 to be worse than days 1 and 2 for some reason. Keep reading and posting- we will be here for support! Best of luck and welcome, Dupe [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/11/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 50 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 763 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $160 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 4 [B]Hrs:[/B] 14 [B]Mins:[/B] 16 [B]Seconds:[/B] 33
17 years ago 0 706 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi there misha, congrats on your 3rd day smoke free, that is awesome! I have noticed that for me each day get a little easier. This is a great site full of very supportive people who know exactly what you are going through. So glad to have you here! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 4/18/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 12 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 193 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $36 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 23 [B]Mins:[/B] 50 [B]Seconds:[/B] 50
17 years ago 0 706 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi there misha, congrats on your 3rd day smoke free, that is awesome! I have noticed that for me each day get a little easier. This is a great site full of very supportive people who know exactly what you are going through. So glad to have you here! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 4/18/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 12 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 193 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $36 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 23 [B]Mins:[/B] 50 [B]Seconds:[/B] 50
17 years ago 0 8760 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Misha, Welcome to the SSC and congratulations on three days! Hang in there. The first week is tough so be sure to work through our online quit program. It will help you come up with a plan to tackle those cravings and give you tips on how to manage withdrawal symptoms. A lack of concentration is quite common among quitters as nicotine is a stimulant. It does get easier but it takes time. Danielle _____________________ The SSC Support Team
17 years ago 0 21 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Thank you all so much. I was here a few years ago, quit for a few months and then like so many others, started again. This time, I have a very supportive partner who quit 6 months ago cold turkey. I have smoked most of my life, I'm 46 and the time is right. Hey I managed to cook dinner and I didn't even burn the house down, a major accomplishment. :p I will be posting a lot, probably you'll all get sick of me. I am sleeping a lot, I have a 2 week break right now, which is why I decided I had to do it now. Ok I'll stop babbling now. Thanks again, mish [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 4/28/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 2 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 72 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $23.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 7 [B]Mins:[/B] 18 [B]Seconds:[/B] 34
17 years ago 0 932 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Misha, When you can, do get plenty of rest. Withdrawals and cravings or so exhausting. You're really fighting hard right now so you need to rest as much as you can and pamper yourself a lot. Keep us posted on how you're doing. Ask as many questions as you need to ask. Stay Strong, Tutti [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/18/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 71 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 3,233 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $254.89 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 7 [B]Hrs:[/B] 14 [B]Mins:[/B] 36 [B]Seconds:[/B] 39
17 years ago 0 2670 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi misha and welcome congrats on your 3 days smoke free you are doing great we are here for you lynnexx [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 10/24/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 188 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,833 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �752 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 21 [B]Hrs:[/B] 5 [B]Mins:[/B] 55 [B]Seconds:[/B] 15
  • Quit Meter

$113,572.50

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 6493 Hours: 18

Minutes: 34 Seconds: 54

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 932 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Misha, Hang in there!! You're doing great!!! Three days is really huge. What you're feeling is completely normal and it will get better. I promise. Those first three days are normally misery. We call the first week "Hell Week" but by day 4 and 5, you'll see a huge difference. At least I did and I went cold turkey. You have to remember that everyone's quits are different. But, it will most definitely get better. You're feeling so out of it because you're actually getting more oxygen and your body is expelling carbon monoxide. (Yep, we've been sucking on a tailpipe!) With every single withdrawal or craving, your body is healing more and more. Keep telling yourself that, okay? It's the truth and you'll find it very comforting just thinking about your body healing more and more. You're doing great and I'm so, so glad you're here on this site. Keep talking to us and we'll help you through each and every day. I know this is hard but you CAN do this. Drink lots and lots of water. It helps with cravings and cleanses your system. Have your hard candy, gum, etc. for that hand to mouth thing. Breath in slowly through the nose and exhale slowly through the mouth with every craving or feeling of anxiousness. Avoid triggers...those places or things that you associate with smoking. Real a lot of posts and post a lot yourself, okay? The workbook over on the left of this page will help you so much too. Hang in there. You CAN do this. Keep having postive talks with yourself. Tell yourself, "I'm a Non Smoker." Stay Strong, Tutti [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/18/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 71 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 3,233 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $254.89 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 7 [B]Hrs:[/B] 14 [B]Mins:[/B] 36 [B]Seconds:[/B] 0
17 years ago 0 911 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Misha, Welcome to SSC. Congratulations on your decision to quit smoking. I know right now it's very difficult. I PROMISE, it gets much, much, better. If you haven't already, try working through the program on the left of this page. It is very helpful. Try some different coping techniques to help you through these difficult first few days. A few suggestions: Drinking cold water Deep breathing Plenty of rest Sugar free gum or candy sunflower seeds fruit juice The feeling of not being able to concentrate is also a normal withdrawal symptom. It does get better in short order. MOST of all Misha, take very good care of yourself during this time. Come back here often, read, post, and ask as many questions as you like. You can do this, Boxerfan [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/28/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 33 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 609 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $140.25 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 2 [B]Hrs:[/B] 23 [B]Mins:[/B] 35 [B]Seconds:[/B] 50

Reading this thread: