Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

New Year's Resolutions

2024-03-25 2:47 AM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.748 posts in 47.053 threads.

160,492 Members

Please welcome our newest members: anonymeLouise, RDANIELA NICOLE, Lfr, CPADUA, DSHAIRRA PE

Hello

17 years ago 0 15 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Welcome back Hoppy. Get ready for the ride of your life. Sometimes it will be bumpy and seem as if you are going to fall off, but that's the way it was (is) for us all. It's one of the rare times that being a quitter pays off very well. I'm 68 and a 50 year addict. Hang in there. Harrell - Free and Healing for Four Months, Twenty Four Days, 9 Hours and 48 Minutes, while extending my life expectancy 12 Days and 14 Hours, by avoiding the use of 3635 nicotine delivery devices that would have cost me $548.55.
17 years ago 0 1543 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
WHOA.....BEAR.. LOOK AT YOU GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! mercy [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/21/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 93 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,876 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $415.71 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 12 [B]Hrs:[/B] 3 [B]Mins:[/B] 56 [B]Seconds:[/B] 40
17 years ago 0 1543 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hoppy, You've come to the right place and we are here for you. Just look at the stats of all of us. IF WE CAN DO IT....YOU CAN DO. We all got here by helping each other. Welcome. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/21/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 93 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,876 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $415.71 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 12 [B]Hrs:[/B] 3 [B]Mins:[/B] 56 [B]Seconds:[/B] 34
17 years ago 0 706 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hello Hoppy, another Chantix user here! It really does help. Be sure to read, read , read.. I found that was very helpful for me. This is a great group of folks who are very supportive.. you are at the right place. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 4/18/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 6 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 101 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $18 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 12 [B]Mins:[/B] 27 [B]Seconds:[/B] 51
17 years ago 0 932 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Hoppy, Welcome and I'm so happy you're here with us. There are a lot of 50 and 50+ year smokers. I smoked 27 years and very heavy by the time I quit. So, you CAN do this and we're here to help every step of the way. Drink lots and lots of water; have gum, hard candy, toothpicks, etc., avoid those places or things that you associate with smoking the best you can, read a lot and post a lot on this site. It helps so much. The workbook over to the left of this page is a huge help too. Stay close to the site and keep us posted. Okay? We're here for you. Stay Strong, Tutti [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/18/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 65 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,953 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $233.35 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 6 [B]Hrs:[/B] 22 [B]Mins:[/B] 50 [B]Seconds:[/B] 38
17 years ago 0 2670 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hoppy, welcome back, i am a 32 year smoker, again showing that long time smokers can indeed quit good luck lynnexx [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 10/24/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 182 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,738 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �728 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 20 [B]Hrs:[/B] 12 [B]Mins:[/B] 53 [B]Seconds:[/B] 5
  • Quit Meter

$113,512.50

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 6490 Hours: 9

Minutes: 29 Seconds: 43

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 126 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Heh Hoppy,how are you doing? Glad to see you want to give up this bad habit.Chantix works,I am using it,but you have to have a positive attitude ,which is the main thing for success.Good Quit to you,visit often to this site,lots of good people on here...........
17 years ago 0 12049 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hoppy, We welcome you back with open arms and are ready to assist and support you every step of the way! Use this time to prepare and see the difference it can make. Have a list of coping mechanisms, activities, hobbies and even chores. Start changing your routine around and always post in time of need. We are ready when you are :) Josie _____________________ The SSC Support Team.
17 years ago 0 17 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hey Hoppy, I also have smoked over 50 years. I quit 52 days ago using Chantix. It was much easier this time than all the other times I have tried with different methods. So, hang in there and do it one day at a time. I know that sounds trite, but it works. :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/3/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 52 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,049 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $306.8 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 7 [B]Hrs:[/B] 16 [B]Mins:[/B] 46 [B]Seconds:[/B] 2
17 years ago 0 1000 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Hoppy, Welcome aboard. I had been smoking for 37 years and if I can do it you can too!!! I also take Chantix and it was a great help. It is not the silver bullet so you have to prepare yourself. Read, read and read somemore. There is always someone here to help if you need it. ;p [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/21/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 34 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 688 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $221 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 4 [B]Hrs:[/B] 18 [B]Mins:[/B] 51 [B]Seconds:[/B] 18

Reading this thread: