Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 9:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.750 posts in 47.055 threads.

160,540 Members

Please welcome our newest members: BXAMUELLE CHRISTIEN, Heinz57, eggmegrolf, PearlCat19, mima

Hooked on the Patch

17 years ago 0 591 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Frank.. I agree with Changing...try Chantix auntdeb :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/1/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 65 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 3,273 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $308.75 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 9 [B]Hrs:[/B] 0 [B]Mins:[/B] 13 [B]Seconds:[/B] 23
17 years ago 0 1150 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Frank, I have a little secret for you to print out, cut out, fold up and put in your back pocket. Pull it out several times a day - when ever your become doubtful. DO NOT BE AFRAID You don't know this but I was a mouse in high school. I happened to be in a place where it was culturally expected for a teenager to drink. I started early. I was a social butterfly at the parties. By day people questioned whether or not I was the same person. I'm embarrassed to say that it took me years to realize that the assertiveness I felt when I was drunk, was there when I was sober. OK thanks for sitt'n through that but --- same thing for smok'n, really. Really. Really. Really. Just let it go. Get past the physical craving thing and Let. It. Go. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 12/29/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 68 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 680 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $340 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 6 [B]Hrs:[/B] 10 [B]Mins:[/B] 55 [B]Seconds:[/B] 44
17 years ago 0 1150 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hey Frank, impressive stats either way, but let's get you to the next step, unless you have stock in the patch company. A couple of years ago I played around with the patch. I would do fine on the 21 mg. As soon as I hit the 14 Ol' Nic would come-a-knock'n "It's OK to just have one (or two or three or more) with the 14 b/c it will still be less nicotine than when you were really smoking or on the 21. I went baaack and forth, baaack and forth. Finally I accepted the monkey until a later date. I did this entire scenario a couple of times til I got my dedication up that I was gonna quit, I was gonna give up whatever smoking did for me and I was gonna take the leap to find an alternative way to deal with myself and others. period. At what point are you right now in your quit????? [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 12/29/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 61 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 619 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $305 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 5 [B]Hrs:[/B] 20 [B]Mins:[/B] 57 [B]Seconds:[/B] 13
17 years ago 0 985 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Well Frank.. your stats are well over a year smoke free. Is that a true number or is this the tally for the on again off again with the patch? Also, exactly how long have you presently been on the patch and what mg are you using? I'm quite confused.. Monica58 [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/12/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 47 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 954 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $423 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 5 [B]Hrs:[/B] 8 [B]Mins:[/B] 43 [B]Seconds:[/B] 4
17 years ago 0 1006 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Frank, You've done really well not smoking for all this time. With the nicotine still in your system, that must be hard going to cope with the patches all the time. You've come to a great decision now to sort this out once and for all. Which ever path you choose - we'll be here to help you! Cut down on the patches - go on - you can do it! But get a health professional to give you a hand. You don't want to go astray now!!!! Good luck! Deli [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 8/1/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 212 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 3,189 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �636 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 17 [B]Hrs:[/B] 21 [B]Mins:[/B] 14 [B]Seconds:[/B] 6
17 years ago 0 3908 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Frank I had the same pronlrm I solved it by 2mg nico gum 2 pieces a day then one then half and now nothing! Phil [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 8/8/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 205 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 4,308 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �1076.25 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 41 [B]Hrs:[/B] 0 [B]Mins:[/B] 38 [B]Seconds:[/B] 30
17 years ago 0 1155 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Frank, Would you consider trying a med that's not nicotine replacement. I'm on Chantix...it blocks the nicotine effect so that you'd be able to take off the patch. And, since it's not N-R, you won't get hooked on it. Just an idea! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/24/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 4 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 118 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $26 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 9 [B]Mins:[/B] 32 [B]Seconds:[/B] 11
  • Quit Meter

$1,135,425.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 5540 Hours: 22

Minutes: 20 Seconds: 47

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 301 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Frank, I would definitely be visiting the doctor about this one. It seems that you have broken the physical and psychological habit of smoking, but are still feeding a nicotine addiction. I think that you should be able to break addidction cycle by just reducing the patch dosage. Since I am a cold turkey quitter I would even suggest going cols turkey. Get it over and done with quickly and then enjoy life. But...first get to the doctor. Good luck KiwiKeith [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 9/29/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 152 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 3,821 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1763.2 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 22 [B]Hrs:[/B] 22 [B]Mins:[/B] 16 [B]Seconds:[/B] 4
17 years ago 0 8 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Kiwikeith: I missed your response last night...sorry about that. I agree that I'm past the psychological and just dealing with the nicotine. I definitely plan on seeing the doctor to come up with a plan. I might even go cold turkey and get it over...that sounds pretty appealing, actually. Josie: Once my plan is set, I will definitely rely on this site for the coping part. I'll get there! Thanks, everyone!
  • Quit Meter

$14,856.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 680 Hours: 4

Minutes: 17 Seconds: 50

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 8 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
That's a great suggestion, Phil...I think those interim mgs will help with the step down. I'll definitely give it a try. Thanks!
  • Quit Meter

$14,856.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 680 Hours: 4

Minutes: 17 Seconds: 50

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

Reading this thread: