Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Mother's Day is coming in a few weeks!

AABBYGAIL RUTH

2024-05-15 10:52 PM

Depression Community

logo

Addiction

Lynn123

2024-05-15 9:17 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Challenging Worry - Worry Time

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-14 3:33 PM

Depression Community

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 5:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.753 posts in 47.056 threads.

160,634 Members

Please welcome our newest members: CuppaJo, GCAJULAO, RPABIA, TEBON, SJOLINE GEL

Non smoker again and for real this time

17 years ago 0 26 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Welcome Back!! You can do this. I can do all things through Christ. I can do everything through him who gives me strength. (Philippians 4:13 NIV) ... This verse helps, everytime you think you want a smoke, remind yourself why you don't. I'll keep you in my prayers.
17 years ago 0 108 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
[font=georgia][color=blue]Hey Cassie! [IMG]http://i161.photobucket.com/albums/t214/IamShortcake/thgreatjob1.gif[/IMG] You keep up that positive attitude and I promise it will get easier on you. Don't try to picture yourself in a month or year, just try picturing yourself in an hour, then tomorrow, then next week. Take one craving at a time and I know you can do it! We all have faith in you!! Don't give up!! Stay strong!! [IMG]http://i161.photobucket.com/albums/t214/IamShortcake/tha9f4e2ac.gif[/IMG] ~PEACE~ Shortcake [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/25/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 32 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 653 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $144 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 2 [B]Hrs:[/B] 15 [B]Mins:[/B] 2 [B]Seconds:[/B] 35
  • Quit Meter

$454,290.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 5355 Hours: 16

Minutes: 51 Seconds: 34

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

[font=tahoma][color=purple]Hello Carrie!! I just sent a post to a new quitter just a few minutes ago - and honestly, it would suit you as well. Instead of repeating my thoughts, I will just quote it for you.. [quote]First of all, I want to congratulate you on making it through your first weekend as a non-smoker! What a wonderful choice you have made, and it looks wonderful on you! I must tell you, the cravings will begin to slow down and will be easier to deal with before you know it. Just remember, a craving WILL pass in a minute or two, but you have to make sure you let it pass and don't let it grab a hold of you. When you feel it coming, push yourself away from whatever you are doing that minute and start taking deep breaths. Breath in through your nose for 5 seconds, then purse your lips, close your eyes and breath out through your mouth for 5 seconds. IT WILL HELP! It shocked me at how much it helped with me, but it does! You know the nicodemon is lurking around you waiting for the moment for you to cave - but you make him waste his time - Don't cave! Don't pass of what you are doing as anything but wonderful! It is a great challenge and you will be much stronger when it is over. Control your life and choices - don't let nicodemon control it for you. It will get easier as time goes by, and you can do this, we all have faith in you! When you hit a rough patch and you feel like you can't take it anymore - jump on here and put "HELP" in a post. Everyone here is going through, or has gone through what you are, and we are all here to support you. This is a wonderful site and never be afraid to use it!! Be sure to mark your quit meter in your posts so that all can rave on how well you are doing, because you are doing great![/quote] Don't give up! [font=stencil][color=green]Stay Strong![/font][/color] [IMG]http://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i313/kristonicc/cutieshortckake.jpg[/IMG] [font=impact][size=4][color=red]~PEACE~[/font][/size][/color] [color=purple][font=Courier New][size=4]Shortcake[/color][/font][/size] [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/25/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 32 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 648 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $144 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 2 [B]Hrs:[/B] 14 [B]Mins:[/B] 38 [
  • Quit Meter

$454,290.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

Sorry... my mistake above :blush: I Meant... HI CASSIE! Not Carrie... sorry again. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/25/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 32 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 648 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $144 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 2 [B]Hrs:[/B] 14 [B]Mins:[/B] 38 [B]Seconds:[/B] 20
  • Quit Meter

$454,290.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 932 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Cassie, Welcome and Congratulations on becomming a Non Smoker. You're so right, Non Smoker does make you feel better. I hadn't thought of doing that so Thank You for that. You have to precious babies there and what a motivator. My precious baby girl is 23 and when I told her I was no longer a smoker, I can still hear her voice. I won't forget that sweet voice either. Oh, make sure you drink lots and lots of water. The water really helps with those cravings and it flushes your system of those poisons. You're doing great and we're here for you. Tutti [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/18/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 9 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 431 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $27 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 0 [B]Mins:[/B] 21 [B]Seconds:[/B] 36
17 years ago 0 591 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Welcome back Cassie2u You have two little Angels looking out for you. (you are very lucky to have such beautiful inspiration). Stay close and keep reading. Breathe Cassie...one minute, one hour, one day at a time. Keep reading the posts, many of us are finding that as we quit...there is a whole different Ball Game out here we have to deal with....please read auntdeb [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/1/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 56 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,821 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $266 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 7 [B]Hrs:[/B] 18 [B]Mins:[/B] 18 [B]Seconds:[/B] 24
17 years ago 0 1150 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I'm sure God will be there in addition to the two angels He has already sent. I knew another woman once whose children, then ages 5 posted quit smoking notes for her. She said it worked. By the time I knew her her twin boys were 21 - and she was still completely smoke-free. This whole thing can be a roller-coaster. Ol'Nic doesn't care how much time has lapsed since he was your buddy, he will unabashedly make the ask. Just be ready with an answer this time. It's a no-brainer. Glad you're back to power up. This time, let's make it stick. I believe you've got what it takes. Welcome. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 12/29/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 59 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 595 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $295 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 5 [B]Hrs:[/B] 15 [B]Mins:[/B] 28 [B]Seconds:[/B] 0
17 years ago 0 47 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Thanks for the positive feedback and YES- I need to rely on the rock of strength- Jesus. I am so bored at work and it's giving me wicked cravings, but not so much physical- as just boredom is bringing it on. I am keeping busy because I don't have many clients today, but now I definetly know this is a trigger. Going to get up and get some water- that is good to drink plenty, to be healthy and clean the system out. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/26/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 1 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 32 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 3 [B]Mins:[/B] 41 [B]Seconds:[/B] 13
shortcake how do u get those cute images in your message? Day two and I feel good, not too many cravings so far today. This morning I even went without nicorette gum til on my way to work. I remember when I had quit for six years before that whenever the nicodemon would lurk around I would just picture that cross/poison symbol. So, if I get a real bad one, I'm gonna picture that again. I think also it helps me to not think of myself as a "quitter", but as a non smoker. take care. have a great smoke free day! cassie [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/26/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 1 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 31 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 3 [B]Mins:[/B] 34 [B]Seconds:[/B] 48
Thank you all for the love and support. I need and appreciate it. My boyfriend told me that last night too, go back on that site you had posted on and I am glad I did. Thank you all and I will keep posting and praying and thanks for the advice about breathing and getting up and moving shortcake. I know the cravings get less but yes, the nicodemon is always on the lurk to lure us back. No way Jose! Take care and God bless you each. Cassie [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/26/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 0 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 0 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $0 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 0 [B]Mins:[/B] 0 [B]Seconds:[/B] 0

Reading this thread: