Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-20 2:48 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Challenging Worry - Worry Time

2024-05-14 3:33 PM

Depression Community

logo

Fibre

2024-05-06 5:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.755 posts in 47.056 threads.

160,648 Members

Please welcome our newest members: JSABAS, ASHAINE, EFAJARDO, MMAGTARAYO, JARCA

In need of support buddy

17 years ago 0 5 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi I joined about a month ago I think. I have changed my quit date twice. I now have my quit date as March 30th which I know is a long ways off and would like to make it sooner. I have a very stressful job which I know is no excuse(I got linked to this group from my work email). I have quit once before and made it 8 weeks., so I think if I can just get that quit date started I can make it this time. I think if I could hook up with a support buddy I could reach a quit date faster. Anybody up to it? :quest:
  • Quit Meter

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 0 Hours: 0

Minutes: 0 Seconds: 0

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

Hi JT. I would love to buddy up with you. My doctor won't prescibe me anything as he said my heart and thyroid pills are uncompatible. I have the gum on standby ready., but afriad tochew it in case it has the same effect as the patch last time...made my heart rate too fast. I will keep you posted if I succeed in moving my quit date up. thank you for offering to be my buddy and congratulations on your 26 days of smobriety :)
  • Quit Meter

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

Hi everyone! I really was not sure I was going to get responses so fast. This is great. Hi Jen..good luck with whatever your doctor decides. Hi Danielle...I will definitely keep reading everyone's posts and hopefully get the kick in the "butt" that I need. Hi Aunt Deb. I have attached my quit meter...as you can see it is badly in the minuses as I have not yet made it one day without a cigarette. :( With everyone's kind support maybe that day will come soon :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/30/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] -47 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 0 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $0 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 0 [B]Mins:[/B] 0 [B]Seconds:[/B] 0
  • Quit Meter

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 7 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi! I just read your posting...I am really scared too. But, I don't have a choice. I have been smoking for 24 years and 2 weeks ago, I went into the hospital to have a lesion removed from my throat. It was not cancerous, thank God, but it was a hell of a wake up call. I talked to my doctor, and she wants to but me on wellbutren...I'm willing to do anything at this point - I'm only 40 years old & still have a lot I want to accomplish in this life! Take care & feel free to write back. Jen
17 years ago 0 12 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Wewlconme all...... I am only new here also... I f u use the messenger please feel free to add me and we can support each other, I been smoke free for almost 15 hours and it took a response from someone that opened my eyes on here. I know U can all do it... I just found out yesterday I have COPD and a compressed lung which may require surgery.. my doc told me I had to quit. I sent hubby to get me the patch and said now I will wait till the 15th and quit. but once I read that email and thought about what it said. I said why wait,I am only hurting myself by waiting and no matter how long I wait I have to go thru the withdrawl so I said I want to get this behind me..... I am having a rough time this morning, but I will not give in... no matter what it takes.. I will keep U all in my prayers and hope U will all do the same.. Add me to messeneger and maybe we can help each other thru this....... Shyanne [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/9/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 1 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 54 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $11.25 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 4 [B]Mins:[/B] 6 [B]Seconds:[/B] 9
17 years ago 0 388 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I will be here whenever you are ready. Just a word of encouragement. My dad smoked for 60 plus years. He was a three pack a day person. He quit cold turkey two years ago. He said it was easier than he thought. I know everyone's quit is different, but he really was an inspiration to me. If you have been here a while then you know the ropes, work through the information on the right and post often. You will get a lot of support here. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/15/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 26 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 528 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $91 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 2 [B]Hrs:[/B] 12 [B]Mins:[/B] 5 [B]Seconds:[/B] 58
17 years ago 0 388 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Portraitartist, I have only been here for 26 days, but I would be honored to support you in whatever way I can. I know that are a lot more experienced people with a lot more wisdom to offer that will also be here to support you. One thing I have seen is that if you have a rough time, then yell and you will get support. Boy your last quit you made it through both h-ll week and heck week. Have you been to the doctor to discuss NRTs that might help? I know that I am on Chantix this time. My last quit I tried cold turkey. At day three I cried all the way home. There are a lot of strong people here who can quit that way. I for one am not one of them. I know my weaknesses. :) Keep us posted and move up your date whenever you are ready. It truly is better to be smoke-free. Julie [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/15/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 26 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 527 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $91 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 2 [B]Hrs:[/B] 12 [B]Mins:[/B] 2 [B]Seconds:[/B] 28
17 years ago 0 591 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hey Portraitartist? Where's your quit meter and stats? I couldn't use patches either...made MY heart race and interfered with my sleep. Wellbutrin/Zyban...more or less just valium. Hypnosis didn't do it for me...but it worked for my sister. you might want to seriously consider this since you have health problems. There is also something new called Laser therapy and sites can be found on the internet. I'm using Chantix...and it is working beautifully for me...SURE A LOT EASIER THAN COLD-TURKEY (and I was a successful quitter with it for 10 years) Chantix makes me forget about smoking...I did have a little craving at first, but just kept using the advice of the wise old-timers here.... N.O.P.E. (NOT ONE PUFF EVER)the craves get farther apart, and decrease as you the withdrawal ends. Then...you have to deal with the ties between habit & emotions that have been hidden all these years behind a cloud of smoke and stimulation from nicotine. :)auntdeb [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/1/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 40 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,021 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $190 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 5 [B]Hrs:[/B] 13 [B]Mins:[/B] 33 [B]Seconds:[/B] 14
17 years ago 0 8760 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Portrait artist & Jen, Welcome to the SSC and congratulations on deciding to quit! Please be sure to take advantage of our quit program. It is a wonderful ressource that will help you put together a plan to attack cravings. Our forums are also filled with tips & advice from the quitters that have come before you. If you have any questions just ask. danielle ______________________ The SSC Support Team
17 years ago 0 8760 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Portraitartist, Preparing is important, don't feel bad about your quit meter. You'll get there. If you need help with anything, just holler. We are with you every step of the way. Danielle _________________________ The SSC Support Team

Reading this thread: