Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

New Year's Resolutions

2024-03-25 2:47 AM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.748 posts in 47.053 threads.

160,501 Members

Please welcome our newest members: Fwcl, anonymeLouise, RDANIELA NICOLE, Lfr, CPADUA

ON THE WAY BACK FROM HELL

17 years ago 0 5 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Go for it you have to be proud of the attempts you have made already. I think you will succeed this time. Just dont think about the weight think about how beautiful your hair and skin will look. Think of the positive and not how people will notice your weight that is not important, saving your life is very important. I smoke also and quit a few times unsuccessful. I am going to try again. I want to live even if a little fatter. So you should feel the same way. Good Luck!
  • Quit Meter

$227,035.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 5342 Hours: 2

Minutes: 8 Seconds: 27

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 292 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hey Deck, I wasn't here when you were here before, but nicetameetcha and welcome back! You already have a successful quit under your belt (10 months is 10 months and so the quit WAS successful, just because you started up again doesn't take that 10 months of effort AWAY) so ANYWAY the point is... You KNOW how to do it. You're gonna do just fine this time, and it's gonna be easier for ya, I just know it. :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/1/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 18 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 566 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $54 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 22 [B]Mins:[/B] 38 [B]Seconds:[/B] 2
17 years ago 0 247 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
welcom back to the club. I fell off my quit after 3 years. I am back again also. This time I won't take that one puff. That one puff is a killer. jnine :blush: [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/14/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 5 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 113 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $13.75 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 17 [B]Mins:[/B] 40 [B]Seconds:[/B] 27
17 years ago 0 19 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Deck, welcome back. I know this can be discouraging to walk on this thin line between saying yes or saying no. But this is just the beginning, the 3 first days, the first week, maybe. Then, the thin line becomes less thin, bigger, thicker and really confortable and secure and the only line to walk on. I'm sure you know it and you are already on the right side of it. Every smoke free day makes this line thicker. You already helped me a lot in sharing your experience about your slip and in warming me from felling back in there. I really heard you there and I hope everything is fine with you today, good luck, Rai. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/1/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 20 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 608 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �80 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 10 [B]Mins:[/B] 36 [B]Seconds:[/B] 58
17 years ago 0 19 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Deck, at least, that's an easy question... This carton can be exterminated in several maniers : slowly, one cig by 1 cig in the toilets; faster, droping water from the sink in each packet, then, in the rubbish, never tried that before but it could all go in the mixer, with some water as well, why not? Then again, you could decide to have a walk till the closest bridge and throw them in the river but 1/ is there a river in Mexico?, 2/ it's not super ecologico-friendly; then, you could throw a tantrum on the box and jump on it several time and dust the result in the rubbish. I remember a friend who actually plastered a pack for another addicted friend. If ever you want the trophy, the pack can be plastered inside. It can as well be emptied first and plastered half in a plaster-molt. That was for my friend. I remember it was really looking like art... Deck, you really need to get rid of this carton immediately, that's number one, number two is that you are doing really great until now. Remember smoking in Mexico would be hell, stay strong and explain me what you did with these cigarettes, Remember what hell it is to be a smoker, keep strong, lots of hugs, Rai [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/1/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 21 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 651 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �84 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 13 [B]Mins:[/B] 6 [B]Seconds:[/B] 1
17 years ago 0 115 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
You never really left! Once you are one of us you will be connected forever! Rawk on! Peace Dawn [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 12/31/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 19 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 358 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $85.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 14 [B]Mins:[/B] 23 [B]Seconds:[/B] 13
17 years ago 0 591 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Deck, Welcome Home is a genuine way to put it from all of us. "Come, come","you have lots of new-comers to meet...probably over 135 since the last week of Dec 2006" Want some motivation...just start reading and every time you want to smoke...get to the site and read, read, read... you've already been where some of us still have to go...we need your input for inspiration... auntdeb [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/1/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 19 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 990 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $90.25 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 2 [B]Hrs:[/B] 17 [B]Mins:[/B] 24 [B]Seconds:[/B] 22
17 years ago 0 1150 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Glad to have you back, Deck. Any ideas on what you may try differently this time? [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 12/29/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 21 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 218 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $105 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 2 [B]Hrs:[/B] 1 [B]Mins:[/B] 46 [B]Seconds:[/B] 23
17 years ago 0 985 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Welcome aboard Deck :) We're all in this together.. Congrats on 2 days ! Each day is a victory ! Keep reading and post often hon. Monica58 [IMG]http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o304/Monica58/Angel.gif[/IMG] [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/12/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 8 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 167 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $72 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 22 [B]Mins:[/B] 29 [B]Seconds:[/B] 39
17 years ago 0 22 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hello Deck, I just popped in after a couple of weeks away too, and read you straight up. I guess the self loathing is just another side effect of our friend nic. I once quit for 4yrs, didn't miss it, hated the smell, and really forced myself to inhale again first time,at a party. 10yrs later, trying every aid available(except the new one chantix)only to fail miserably, and desperately suck in all the smoke I could.Being here and reading about the hell that this drug brings us all to, made me hate it so much more, and gave me such determination. Three months in for me, and I'd still love to have that ONE.But, each day is better than the last, and the friends here are always waiting to encourage you. Great luck! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 10/14/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 97 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 4,881 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1881.8 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 12 [B]Hrs:[/B] 18 [B]Mins:[/B] 25 [B]Seconds:[/B] 33

Reading this thread: