Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Mother's Day is coming in a few weeks!

AABBYGAIL RUTH

2024-05-15 10:52 PM

Depression Community

logo

Addiction

Lynn123

2024-05-15 9:17 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Challenging Worry - Worry Time

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-14 3:33 PM

Depression Community

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 5:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.753 posts in 47.056 threads.

160,634 Members

Please welcome our newest members: CuppaJo, GCAJULAO, RPABIA, TEBON, SJOLINE GEL

I blew my quit

17 years ago 0 243 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Jeani, hope your day is going well for you. See my thread - I quit, flatered and am back on it. The woman at my stop smoking clinic (it's called Quit n Fit, we all meet to have a chat plus we get free gym membership and a personal work out plan) says there is a moment. A kind of "road to Damascus" type moment that all smokers get when FINALLY, they "get" it and it's easy - they aren't smokers any more. She says it usually takes around 12 to 15 months to get to it and in the meantime, you just hang on. By your fingertips if necessary, until that moment comes. Each time you deal with something smoke-free, it adds to the confidence. In fact, the confidence only comes AFTER you have quit! lol. So far, I have got through Christmas and New year; I have got through loss; I have got through bad news/disappointment (didn't get a job I REALLY wanted) got through feeling stressed out of my brains and got through feeling pretty depressed. Figure there isn't really much more to go that can hit me out the blue! Happy new year to all smoke free people. Now I am going off-line and off the boards because I actually think less about smoking when not on here! I will update from time to time. jeani - hang in there. s [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 12/10/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 36 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,270 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �216 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 3 [B]Hrs:[/B] 17 [B]Mins:[/B] 39 [B]Seconds:[/B] 13
17 years ago 0 262 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Welcome back Jeanigirl. Glad to hear you are back on board. Remember that Failure is not falling down; it is refusing to get back up. This time will be better, you have learned what doesn't work so stay close this time. We are here for you. Love, Auntie :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 7/22/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 175 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 7,898 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1935.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 22 [B]Hrs:[/B] 18 [B]Mins:[/B] 15 [B]Seconds:[/B] 30
17 years ago 0 311 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Jeanigirl, I'm so glad you're thinking clearly and back on your quit. It just makes me angry how addictive these things are, we can never let our guard down. Stay close, we're here for you. Andrea [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 6/7/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 220 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 4,406 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1045 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 18 [B]Hrs:[/B] 12 [B]Mins:[/B] 49 [B]Seconds:[/B] 43
17 years ago 0 220 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I just changed my quit date box, ready for my new journey tommorrow. all the best jeanigirl [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 6/9/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 217 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,831 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1030.75 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 23 [B]Hrs:[/B] 18 [B]Mins:[/B] 12 [B]Seconds:[/B] 36
Thankyou all for your kind words and wisdom, i will take full CONTROL and only look ahead to becoming a non smoker. I will stay close. There really is someting inspirational about being here, i just crushed, smashed, soaked, my cigarettes and threw them away. I will break the chain.....all the best jeanigirl [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 6/9/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 217 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,831 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1030.75 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 23 [B]Hrs:[/B] 18 [B]Mins:[/B] 12 [B]Seconds:[/B] 0
Thanks all its great to hear your thoughts, support and wisdom. I feel determined and excited. John W your own journey is very inspiring, thankyou for your encouragment. Im going to keep my body and mind busy today, i know exersize and self talk helps. Positive self talk kept me smoke free for 6 months....negative self talk did me in..YOU ARE WHAT YOU THINK....all the best jeanigirl [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/13/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 0 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 0 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $0 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 0 [B]Mins:[/B] 0 [B]Seconds:[/B] 0
It really is a horrible addiction, i have been doing alot of reading...but the reality is it can be beat... thats what is so encouraging...jeanigirl [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/13/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 0 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 0 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $0 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 0 [B]Mins:[/B] 0 [B]Seconds:[/B] 0
Hi everyone, just as the topic states, I BLEW MY QUIT...I have'nt been around for a while and thought MMMmmm im doing great. I know what you will all say I should have come here first, to true, ive already beat myself up and delt with the shame, now i have to deal with me...Im not going to give any excuses, rather im going to move on. I asked myself the serious question "so are you going to smoke the rest of your life"...NO..."did the cigarettes help you with your problems"...NO..so i will begin my new journey tommorrow and will reset my meter. To be honest i would rather do hell week again, than keep on smoking for the rest of my life....I know one thing for sure, you can not control this addiction, it controls you, and i vow never to smoke again....looking for support...jeanigirl [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 6/9/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 217 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,830 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1030.75 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 23 [B]Hrs:[/B] 18 [B]Mins:[/B] 4 [B]Seconds:[/B] 21
17 years ago 0 2838 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
:) Hooray! Good for you! We will be here for you along the way! Glad to have you back. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 9/8/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 126 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 6,340 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1008 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 13 [B]Hrs:[/B] 10 [B]Mins:[/B] 12 [B]Seconds:[/B] 12
17 years ago 0 2838 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Glad you have decided to return to us! Post and let us know how you are doing Jeani. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 9/8/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 128 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 6,415 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1024 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 13 [B]Hrs:[/B] 14 [B]Mins:[/B] 2 [B]Seconds:[/B] 8

Reading this thread: