Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Mother's Day is coming in a few weeks!

AABBYGAIL RUTH

2024-05-15 10:52 PM

Depression Community

logo

Addiction

Lynn123

2024-05-15 9:17 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Challenging Worry - Worry Time

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-14 3:33 PM

Depression Community

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 5:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.753 posts in 47.056 threads.

160,633 Members

Please welcome our newest members: GCAJULAO, RPABIA, TEBON, SJOLINE GEL, Duncan Brown

HELP

17 years ago 0 77 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Thanks! I've been reading these posts and I already feel better. It does help to know that you're not the only one that feels LIKE A BEAST !! :eg:
Hi everyone... I started searching the net tonight for help. I ran across this site and thought it might help me. My official stop date was 12/05/06. I have stumbled several times since then, but really want to stop. My problem is that I am in a terrible, crying mood a lot.. and I can't stand the way I feel and the way I'm acting towards my family. I'm really at my wits end. It seems like it will never end. I need advise!! Has anyone else gone this kind of withdrawals?
Wow!! I'm already loving this support group. Thank you all so much for the advice and encouragement! I'm gonna need it for sure!! One thing that worries me is work. How will my boss and others I work with react when I am "losing it"??? I have told them that I'm "quitting", but I don't think they have the patience for what I might be putting them through!! I'm wondering if I should go to a "Drug Rehab" ?? instead of trying to live a normal life when it is anything but normal!!!!
17 years ago 0 87 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi, Crabby! I definetly know what you're talking about! I was a real mad hatter/bear when I would try to quit before. I was so ugly, I allowed it to deter me from keeping a quit more than a few times. I just couldn't stand being so awful to live with. It occured to me some time later, that I began using this as an excuse to keep from trying. I'm not saying that you are at all. Its just that I'm an addict of nicotine and it played right into the hands of my addicted self. It didn't start out this way, but it certainly evolved into it! You came to this site to get help. Hang in here with us. Use the tools. Read and post! We're all in this together! Oh, and Welcome to the SCC! :)Pat. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 12/22/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 6 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 275 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $34.2 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 16 [B]Mins:[/B] 8 [B]Seconds:[/B] 41
  • Quit Meter

$95,398.80

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 6028 Hours: 10

Minutes: 23 Seconds: 35

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 175 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Crabby - It's OK to be depressed (I get like that when my in-laws visit)...it's like you're saying goodbye to an old friend. BUT, remember that you're starting a new life without the 'old friend' (who by the way was slowly killing you). So be sad, be crabby, be ticked off but also be excited, happy and thrilled that you've made the decision to end your addiction. Peace. 2tone [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 12/26/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 3 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 93 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $16.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 13 [B]Mins:[/B] 0 [B]Seconds:[/B] 52
  • Quit Meter

$357,745.50

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 9153 Hours: 3

Minutes: 2 Seconds: 19

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 983 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Crabby, One more little piece of advice. I sat my family down and said...look, I'm not going to be myself until I have this addiction beat. Please be patient with me.... I also use the opportunity during good moments (when my mood is better) to make sure I thank my family for their patience and support and for not throwing me out on the street :blush: Also, everytime you stumble, your adding the nicoteen and all those addictive chemicals back into your system which is prolonging hell week for you. Remember this: NOPE Never One Puff Ever...starting now! This will pass....lot's of great advice above!!! Welcome and stay strong in your quit. Kaiti [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 11/7/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 52 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,153 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $286 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 4 [B]Hrs:[/B] 14 [B]Mins:[/B] 53 [B]Seconds:[/B] 14
17 years ago 0 100 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi crabby lately :) Welcome to the Stop Smoking Center forum. I'm always glad to meet another quitter. Perhaps it would be a good idea to visit your doctor. While a certain amount of depression is natural while quitting, there is always a chance that your symptoms are a sign of a bigger problem that could benefit from medication. Zyban, the antidepressant Wellbutrin, is often prescribed specifically to help people quit smoking. It might be just what you need, but only your doctor will know for sure. Whatever you decide, I wish you much success and hope to see more of your posts on the forum. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 11/16/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 43 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,299 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $215 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 5 [B]Hrs:[/B] 18 [B]Mins:[/B] 39 [B]Seconds:[/B] 42
17 years ago 0 2631 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Crabby (I think that you stole my name by the way) You are not alone - Many of us have gone through periods of anger and depression during our quit. Sometimes it is a passing phase and sometimes we need to seek the assistance of our family doctor. This has been compared to the grieving process and it isn't easy. No matter how you quit, you are likely to go through some pretty intense emotions during the first 1 - 3 weeks of your quit. Unfortunately, each time you light up, you will start this process all over again. Check out the tools on this site. Figure out what is the best way for you to quit. Get your distractions and rewards ready for those first days/first weeks. We will help you every step of the way! Good luck! Windy [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 9/11/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 108 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,177 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $540 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 10 [B]Hrs:[/B] 7 [B]Mins:[/B] 58 [B]Seconds:[/B] 55
17 years ago 0 2039 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
This is a really good post and I'm taking in all the advice and support it has to offer, for my quit on Monday. Read this post over thoroughly, Crabby, I think it really could help! Cheers, Jan [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/1/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] -2 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 0 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $0 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 0 [B]Mins:[/B] 0 [B]Seconds:[/B] 0
17 years ago 0 2039 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Crabby, In fact, I think you stole that name from a few of us!!!!LOL This quitting is a day at a time deal. I've tried many times and have always run into trouble with depression. This time, on Jan. 1, I am prepared with the nicotine patch and Zyban, and a little help from my doctor. The rough time eventually do pass, we just have to believe that. And keep posting here, it really helps too! All the best to you, Jan [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/1/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] -2 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 0 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $0 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 0 [B]Mins:[/B] 0 [B]Seconds:[/B] 0

Reading this thread: