Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Mother's Day is coming in a few weeks!

AABBYGAIL RUTH

2024-05-15 10:52 PM

Depression Community

logo

Addiction

Lynn123

2024-05-15 9:17 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Challenging Worry - Worry Time

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-14 3:33 PM

Depression Community

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 5:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.753 posts in 47.056 threads.

160,634 Members

Please welcome our newest members: CuppaJo, GCAJULAO, RPABIA, TEBON, SJOLINE GEL

Day One in Sunny Wigan

17 years ago 0 1 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Day one over... My plan of Hypnosis tapes and Allen Carr book.. so far no problem. Joining the Gym tomorrow to make the most of my clearing lungs. Also got a money box that I have to smash to get into that I am putting �5 into every day... I'll smash it on my one year anniversary!! Wish me luck and good luck to all you quitters!
17 years ago 0 30 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
vurtgamecat Good move with the Alan Carr book. I have it and keep reading it. I think that and the gym will help you accellerate going from smoker to Non-Smoker, ie. minimizing the time spent in ex-smokervill having cravings. I am in day 3 and it does get easyier. What is amazing is the time that I spent on this ridiculous addiction! Best wishes,
  • Quit Meter

$51,127.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 779 Hours: 17

Minutes: 11 Seconds: 28

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 613 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Way to go! I, too, have the Allen Carr book and I got the mini-version, very handy to keep with me. I highlighted important passages and read it frequently. When you have an urge to smoke, just laugh and know you're on the right track, because it's the nicotine monster trying to woo you back. That urge is just proof that you're doing the right thing. I put $50 into my jar every Wednesday and it is so much fun to watch it grow. In March, I'll have $1,200 and a fabulous vacation! Keep it going -- you're doing great! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 10/8/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 57 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,310 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $456 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 7 [B]Hrs:[/B] 11 [B]Mins:[/B] 47 [B]Seconds:[/B] 58
17 years ago 0 1150 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Line 'em up and knock 'em down. You have your plans in order. They are solid and I like 'em. I am breathing in your strength. Actually, I hope next Thursday to have an OK from my Dr. to continue my gym workouts after I strained my back. Welcome aboard and I hope you realize that now you are one of us. We're in the same boat. I'll ride on your strength for a while, let me know when you need a break. :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 11/19/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 15 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 159 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $75 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 11 [B]Mins:[/B] 24 [B]Seconds:[/B] 13
17 years ago 0 2670 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
hi vurtgamecat, welcome to the SSC from another brit I live in sunny LOndon! LOL! seriously , you will get loads of support here congrats on getting through day 1 hugs lynnexx [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 10/24/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 42 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 630 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �168 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 4 [B]Hrs:[/B] 17 [B]Mins:[/B] 25 [B]Seconds:[/B] 20
  • Quit Meter

$113,570.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 6493 Hours: 16

Minutes: 38 Seconds: 0

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 598 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Welcome! :) Yes, Allen Carr's book is a good one to start. I've read it the third time last weekend! :) Cheers, nmc [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 8/25/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 101 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,018 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $505 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 18 [B]Hrs:[/B] 22 [B]Mins:[/B] 4 [B]Seconds:[/B] 0
17 years ago 0 2039 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
VGC, I've got to get this Allen Carr book. I've never seen it but I'll sure make a point of finding it! Welcome to SSC. You'll find there's lots of support and help. Congrats on your quit! Cheers, Jan [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/1/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] -26 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 0 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $0 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 0 [B]Mins:[/B] 0 [B]Seconds:[/B] 0
17 years ago 0 3908 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Sorry meant to add Phil(Wokingham)
17 years ago 0 3908 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Very few Brits fail on this iste those that do come back and win! Keep smiling I know its difficult being a Northerner!(joking) Have a laugh along the way VERY important! Phil [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 8/8/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 119 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,502 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �624.75 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 24 [B]Hrs:[/B] 14 [B]Mins:[/B] 1 [B]Seconds:[/B] 46
17 years ago 0 8760 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Vurtgamecat, Congratulations on your first smoke free day. That money box sounds like a great idea just don't forget to reward yourself with other tangible things along the way. You know where to come if you have any troubles on day 2. Keep us posted. Danielle _______________________ The SSC Support Team

Reading this thread: