Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 9:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.750 posts in 47.055 threads.

160,535 Members

Please welcome our newest members: BXAMUELLE CHRISTIEN, Heinz57, eggmegrolf, PearlCat19, mima

Just joined the site

17 years ago 0 61 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi bungee, Welcome and good luck. We're here if you need us. Joe, [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 11/10/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 17 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 429 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $170 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 19 [B]Mins:[/B] 50 [B]Seconds:[/B] 32
  • Quit Meter

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 0 Hours: 0

Minutes: 0 Seconds: 0

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 6 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Thank you for the replies - still reading posts here on this site - I must admit I am really gaining a great deal of insight that even I didn't realize was happening with my prior quits. I will eventually work myself down to 5 cigs a day. My first goal (since I am some days over 40 cigs) is to cut to 15 a day for 1 week - at least 5 days then set the next goal of 10 - the next of 5. The last time I tried this I made it down to 5 cigs for two days and said to myself this was stupid and slapped on the patch and quit. I also know enough about myself to know that when I start cutting down I start taking tylenol regularly - the headaches are the worst for me! The other issue I had when I quit - one I haven't read about here yet (maybe haven't found it). I would get so sleepy - I mean just fall asleep at any given moment! I went through that for about a month - it was very rough.
Hello to all and to those who have quit - kudos to you! Just found this site today - as with all my other "quits" I have always done tons of research to "prepare". This time I am at the highest amount of cigs I have ever smoked - up to almost 2 packs a day!?! Insane! My body is telling me it's out of control - heavy chest - hard to catch my breath after a flight of stairs - teeth are absolutely disgusting! The money I am spending on cigs is insane - nothing about smoking makes sense but it does have a control over me - a big control - I have had all out panic attacks today trying to come up with a quit date. I have decided to cut myself down to 15 cigs a day for a week - then set the quit date. I have the patches ready. During this time of cutting back I increase my water, fruit and veggie intake. Work on how to let out my frustrations - learning to drive without lighting up (tough one as I do a lot of driving for both of my business' - ideas??) I did have success with this once before - quit for 367 days then bam! One puff did me in! :( I have really enjoyed reading all the posts - the support is amazing here! Lots of great ideas also! Guess I just wanted to get it out there and introduce myself.
wow thank you all for your responses! Yes when I quit before I slept so very much! It actually interfered with both of my business, that part was terrible! But this time I have wonderful crews working for me but I will plan at our slower time in January - well slow for one business but the other starts to pick up. I will figure it out! The long term benefit beats the short term "coma state" right!? The next time I am in Virginia I will look up a Waffle House! hee-hee!! The name bungee is not from bungee jumping - lord knows I am way too chicken for that! :8o: It is actually a little character I used to draw as a kid and my dad had bungee cords in the garage and I liked saying "bungee". I have stayed well within my goal this morning - I waited over 2 hours after getting up for the first cig and I cut back to 15 for the day - may not seem like much to some but it's great for me! I will keep the same goal for tomorrow. I am just amazed at the community here - the topics that are covered and the support I have seen! Even with the slips it's not like anyone is taken out to the "wood shed for a lashing!" ;p
17 years ago 0 406 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi, Bunjee, and welcome! Glad to have you around. (You don't really dangle from tall bridges, right?) And everybody knows the best restaurant in Virginia is Waffle House. Duh. peteg [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 10/30/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 28 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,419 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $154 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 4 [B]Hrs:[/B] 23 [B]Mins:[/B] 16 [B]Seconds:[/B] 51
17 years ago 0 290 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Congrats, and welcome Bungee! Post and you are sure to find answers to any question you have! I mean if you posted "whats the best restaurant in Virginia" You'd even get an anwer to that!!...Oh, by the way I was real sleepy the 1st few days. And occasionally it was just easier to go to bed earlier than deal with cravings. Welcome aboard!!! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 11/7/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 19 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 398 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $87.4 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 2 [B]Hrs:[/B] 19 [B]Mins:[/B] 35 [B]Seconds:[/B] 54
17 years ago 0 2670 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
hi bungee, wellcome to the SSC! you will get lots of support on this site! congrats on deciding to quit we are here for you lynnexx [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 10/24/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 34 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 511 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �136 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 3 [B]Hrs:[/B] 20 [B]Mins:[/B] 3 [B]Seconds:[/B] 34
  • Quit Meter

$113,540.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 6491 Hours: 23

Minutes: 50 Seconds: 43

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 327 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Good to have you on board. Sounds like you have a plan for quitting. Post a lot and give and receive support. You've done it before so you can do it again. QM [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 10/16/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 41 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 836 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $164 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 6 [B]Hrs:[/B] 6 [B]Mins:[/B] 30 [B]Seconds:[/B] 43
17 years ago 0 3908 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi bungee Good luck with the quit! PERSONALLY I found that cutting down was a nightmare I would spend the whole day counting the minutes to the next smoke(and cheating).Have you thought of trying the NRT gum I still use a couple of pieces a day(better than 20 smokes) and some days |I have none...... Just a few thoughts Phil [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 8/8/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 111 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,335 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �582.75 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 22 [B]Hrs:[/B] 22 [B]Mins:[/B] 38 [B]Seconds:[/B] 14
17 years ago 0 1985 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Bungee More typing errors than I could live with. This is a little better: Hi Bungee I like the idea of cutting back before taking the plunge and then use of the patch. Perhaps you may want to reduce to 5 smokes per day if possible, before setting a quit date. For your driving experience, take a tall bottle of water or case. I wish you luck with the cig reduction prior to quit. It is time that you did this quit; hang around and join in. Life is better and longer without those things! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/22/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 308 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 4,632 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1617 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 57 [B]Hrs:[/B] 13 [B]Mins:[/B] 42 [B]Seconds:[/B] 59

Reading this thread: