Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Mother's Day is coming in a few weeks!

AABBYGAIL RUTH

2024-05-15 10:52 PM

Depression Community

logo

Addiction

Lynn123

2024-05-15 9:17 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Challenging Worry - Worry Time

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-14 3:33 PM

Depression Community

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 5:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.753 posts in 47.056 threads.

160,623 Members

Please welcome our newest members: SJOLINE GEL, Duncan Brown, BBEA ANGELIC, HMAZO, MLISING

Getting Ready to Quit

17 years ago 0 8 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Sorry, my first appearance and I allready make a fool of myself. Mea culpa, SimpleSong. And good luck!
17 years ago 0 8 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi, I am Conash. I accidentaly stumbled upon an article on smoking today (on MSN). I must say I have been thinking about quiting for a while now. I smoke aprox. 2 packs a day. On the Nicotine dependency scale I have 9 out of 10. Why do I want to do it? Well I feel a big lack of energy, I have a bad breath that I can feel myself (so I suppose for others is "deadly"), I am aware of the future risks and I have a respiratory condition i.e. all my "tubes" are smaller in diameter as normal. To this I must add that one of my nostrils is obturated and I can only get some 30% of the normal air flow through it (it is a result of of fistfight some years ago).
17 years ago 0 985 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Welcome SimpleSong :) You've made a very important and brave decision in your life and we're all here for you. Anytime you wish to come here to look for help, to vent, to get help in passing a craving -- whatever the reason, never EVER hesitate to post your feelings. I've met some of the most inspiration and uplifting people here and they have given me the courage to move on in moments of great weakness due to the stressors in my life. Be sure to check out the info to the left and do as much reading as possible... check out as many posts as you can and always know that you can grab onto at least one of us when you wish to connect. Many ((((((((((((((((hugz))))))))))))))) of support ..from me, to you! Monica58 [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 10/31/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 15 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 317 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $135 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 17 [B]Mins:[/B] 30 [B]Seconds:[/B] 27
17 years ago 0 100 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Thank you all for your warm welcomes! If sharing this experience with others is going to help me quit, I know I've come to the right place. You all sound like such caring folks. Yes, I've been using the Program Tools and will continue to look to them for guidance as I go along. That pledge was really hard to make, but now that I've made it. I will give it my best effort to make it a success. So far I've been working at it for 2 1/2 hours. That might not be much, but I'm thinking it's a start and something to build on. I'm looking forward to talking to you on the forum and messenger. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 11/16/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 0 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 0 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $0 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 0 [B]Mins:[/B] 0 [B]Seconds:[/B] 0
17 years ago 0 100 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
My name is SimpleSong and I've been lurking around this forum for the better part of two weeks now while getting ready to quit. Tomorrow, the Great American Smoke Out day is the day I've chosen to do it! It's been almost 10 years ago that I managed to quit on that day and stayed off cigarettes for about a year and a half that time. I'm 62 years old and have been smoking since I was 14. I've tried to stop before with varying degrees of success. This time I'm having trouble breathing and really have no choice, but that's not going to make it any easier, I'm sure. Frankly, I'm scared I'll fail, but I'm just as scared that I'll succeed. I can't really imagine not reaching out and having a cigarette there, even if I mindlessly smoke them. It's such a stupid habit, and I've been wanting to stop for a long, long time but it always seems to get the better of me. This time I've started taking Bupropion on Sunday, and have been saying affirmations, gathering up behavior modification CDs, and best of all, I've found this forum to post on. Everyone here seems so friendly and sincere that I know it's bound to be a big help. Please wish me luck! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 11/16/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 0 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 0 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $0 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 0 [B]Mins:[/B] 0 [B]Seconds:[/B] 0
17 years ago 0 406 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Nicde to have you with us, SS -- sounds like you're all ready to go; I wish you a grea quit! Hope to hear lots from you in the coming days... peteg
17 years ago 0 2670 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
hello simplesong and welcome! congrats on the decision to quit! we are here for you be strong and believe in yourself and you will beat this hug of support lynnexx [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 10/24/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 23 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 349 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �92 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 2 [B]Hrs:[/B] 14 [B]Mins:[/B] 53 [B]Seconds:[/B] 19
  • Quit Meter

$113,567.50

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 6493 Hours: 11

Minutes: 16 Seconds: 28

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 738 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Song, I am 52 and have been smoking since age 12, so I can relate. I was going up one flight of stairs in my house and had to stop and catch my breath at the top. Very scary! But believe me, it's all about positive attitude and keeping yourself aware of your choices. And I suppose you know all about the complacency trap. There is a saying here N.O.P.E. and I would say that NOT ONE PUFF EVER is about as simple as it gets. Not easy mind, but simple, yes. Welcome and well met, [IMG]http://i131.photobucket.com/albums/p300/DeeKaySss/helloparrot.gif[/IMG] Denise [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 10/16/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 31 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 944 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $232.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 3 [B]Hrs:[/B] 16 [B]Mins:[/B] 10 [B]Seconds:[/B] 59
17 years ago 0 449 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
SimpleSong, Congratulations on your decision to quit and welcome to the SSC. I'm sure you've already checked out all the wonderful tools and information here. And best of all the support here is unbelievable! I wish you well as you begin this journey and remember, we are all in this together! Hugs, Debbie [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 10/26/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 21 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 424 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $78.75 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 2 [B]Hrs:[/B] 0 [B]Mins:[/B] 22 [B]Seconds:[/B] 0
17 years ago 0 2631 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Welcome Simplesong...it sounds like you are getting all your tools in place. The first couple weeks (as you know) can be pretty rough but after that, it is all about learning how to live you "new and improved" smoke-free life....You have come to the right place for helpful advice and support on your journey...Keep us posted! Windy [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 9/11/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 65 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,318 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $325 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 6 [B]Hrs:[/B] 6 [B]Mins:[/B] 7 [B]Seconds:[/B] 2

Reading this thread: