Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Mother's Day is coming in a few weeks!

AABBYGAIL RUTH

2024-05-15 10:52 PM

Depression Community

logo

Addiction

Lynn123

2024-05-15 9:17 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Challenging Worry - Worry Time

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-14 3:33 PM

Depression Community

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 5:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.753 posts in 47.056 threads.

160,623 Members

Please welcome our newest members: SJOLINE GEL, Duncan Brown, BBEA ANGELIC, HMAZO, MLISING

Trying with everything I have

17 years ago 0 126 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi, My name is Theresa and last thursday I decided it was the day to stop smoking. Once again I ended up at the doctors because a common cold turned into nasty bronchitis. This is my 5th day as a non-smoker and it is very difficult. I feel like a drug addict! I suppose I never understood what an addiction nicotine is. I hope I can be strong enough to stop forever. Hopefully with a little help I can succeed. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 11/9/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 4 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 93 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $12 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 12 [B]Mins:[/B] 41 [B]Seconds:[/B] 58
17 years ago 0 42 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I'm cheering for you. We can do this. This is day two for me and I've quit many times before. Let's make this the last time. I am definitely a nicotine addict. We can break this habit - we are more powerful than it is. Keep going. Post often and read a lot. You can do it. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 11/13/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 1 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 22 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $4.8 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 3 [B]Mins:[/B] 29 [B]Seconds:[/B] 25
17 years ago 0 983 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Theresa....this is my 5th time also, and my bouts with bronchitis and pneumonia every year is driving my quit in addition to not wanting to be addicted to nicoteen. Take it one craving and one day at a time and just breath. There is lot's of great information and support in here. You can do this! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 11/7/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 7 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 164 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $38.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 15 [B]Mins:[/B] 50 [B]Seconds:[/B] 5
17 years ago 0 406 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi, Theresa, and welcome! One of the coolest things about this place is that you will find a very wide variety of coping skills and experiences -- I hope you will allow this variety to shape your own quit and support you as you move from day to day. Good luck as you move toward the end of the worst of it! peteg [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 10/30/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 15 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 760 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $82.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 2 [B]Hrs:[/B] 16 [B]Mins:[/B] 2 [B]Seconds:[/B] 47
17 years ago 0 290 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Congrats on your quit! This site and the people in it will you get through some tough times. -Kevin- [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 11/7/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 6 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 134 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $27.6 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 22 [B]Mins:[/B] 51 [B]Seconds:[/B] 0
17 years ago 0 2670 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
theresa, welcome! You can be strong enough to stop forever All you need to do is believe in yourself! congrats on 5 days lynnexx [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 10/24/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 21 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 316 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �84 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 2 [B]Hrs:[/B] 8 [B]Mins:[/B] 48 [B]Seconds:[/B] 54
  • Quit Meter

$113,567.50

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 6493 Hours: 10

Minutes: 37 Seconds: 51

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 32 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Welcome Theresa, Congratulations on your quit. Do what you need to so you keep your quit going. The people here will help you a lot. Stardust [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 11/12/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 1 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 29 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $3 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 5 [B]Mins:[/B] 14 [B]Seconds:[/B] 44
  • Quit Meter

$117,565.08

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 6493 Hours: 10

Minutes: 37 Seconds: 51

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 738 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Good for you Theresa! Congratulations on quitting! I too kept getting bronchitis, and finally decided it was time to quit. I have found some days to be harder than others, but I do believe that the mental attitude you go into this with makes all the difference. Unfortunately, we are all addicts and as such, can not afford even one puff ever. There is a saying on this site NOPE = not one puff ever and it is sooooo true. Welcome and do please post lots, both when you need and when you can give help. I find it helps me keep my own quit when I am supporting others in theirs. Plan your quit and work your plan. It works if you work it. Denise [IMG]http://i131.photobucket.com/albums/p300/DeeKaySss/helloparrot.gif[/IMG] [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 10/16/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 29 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 874 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $217.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 3 [B]Hrs:[/B] 9 [B]Mins:[/B] 39 [B]Seconds:[/B] 53
17 years ago 0 449 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hello and welcome, Theresa, This site has really been a huge help to me! There are so many people here who have learned so much from quitting smoking that it almost makes your head spin! Congratulations on your decision to quit smoking! Reading the posts here and posting when you feel weak can really get you through the rough spots. And yes, this smoking thing is a true addiction. Stay strong! Debbie [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 10/26/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 18 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 374 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $67.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 18 [B]Mins:[/B] 37 [B]Seconds:[/B] 18
17 years ago 0 2631 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Theresa....You are doing exactly what you need to do right now. Do everything you can? Many of us use different strategies to get through those tough days (drink lots of water, go for walks, take a nap, chew gum, suger-free candies, straws, cinnamon sticks, post, post again, whatever works for you) It does get better...we promise! You are so right....this is an addiction. The only way we can beat it is to NEVER smoke again. Like any addiction, we beat it by quitting one day at a time...by getting that nicotine out of our system and building our new smoke-free life. Congratulations on 5 smoke free days! Windy [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 9/11/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 63 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,275 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $315 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 6 [B]Hrs:[/B] 1 [B]Mins:[/B] 17 [B]Seconds:[/B] 10

Reading this thread: