Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Smile....and don't shoot the messenger

Timbo637

2024-09-27 3:17 PM

Quit Smoking Community

logo

Site seems a little faster

Timbo637

2024-09-05 4:43 PM

Quit Smoking Community

logo

What are negative core beliefs?

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-07-17 7:35 PM

Depression Community

logo

Creating a stress plan

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-07-08 4:16 PM

Anxiety Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Most Loved

Browse through 411.765 posts in 47.065 threads.

161,095 Members

Please welcome our newest members: Pisces83, BazzViol, TGee, A-n-o-n, qwe

Newbie to this site

17 years ago 0 2631 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Cheers to you too Angel...and don't pay attention to that Nasty Nurse - We know how hard this is! Guess you are going to have to start baking brownies!! hehehehe...Now that would make for some interesting memories!! If the Zyban doesn't seem to be doing it for you, I would ask about Chantix...everybody seems to rave about it (but find a different nurse!!) Take some baby steps in the fresh air and build up that lung capacity - Keep on quitting - You will do this! Windy [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 9/11/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 62 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,257 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $310 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 5 [B]Hrs:[/B] 23 [B]Mins:[/B] 8 [B]Seconds:[/B] 5
17 years ago 0 2838 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Welcome Angel! Glad you have joined us. I originally quit with patches and wellbutrin. I got a bit paranoid at the lowest dose patch and went to Chantix. Today is day 4 nicotine free for me. Sure do wish I had tried the Chantix to begin with! Post whenever about whatever...someone is usually around... Sounds like you are off to a good start! Keep up the good work! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 9/8/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 65 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 3,298 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $520 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 6 [B]Hrs:[/B] 18 [B]Mins:[/B] 49 [B]Seconds:[/B] 29
17 years ago 0 8760 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Angelarachnid, Welcome to the SSC and congratulations on deciding to quit! Yes, as fagashlynne mentionned, we do have an instant messenger. We also have a quit program, start working through it. It will help you develop an attack plan for cravings. There's no telling what your cravings will be like, as every quit is different. You can be sure though that it gets easier with everyday you add to your quit meter. Keep posting and asking questions, we are always here to help. Danielle _____________________ The SSC Support Team

Reading this thread: