Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Stages of change

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-06-25 11:19 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

What have you learned?

2024-06-19 12:26 AM

Quit Smoking Community

logo

Emergency Happy Questions

2024-06-11 2:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Questions to challenge negativity

2024-06-03 3:43 PM

Depression Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.760 posts in 47.060 threads.

160,784 Members

Please welcome our newest members: AGAMBOA, BMARCOS, KLIGO, LBUELA, RBORBON

I quite today for the third time

17 years ago 0 4 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
God, I want to smoke so badly. I keep on thinking, "Oh, I'll pick some up on my way home," because I forget that I have quit. I know that I have to take it a few minutes (not days!) at a time and that this will get better, but I hate this!!! I so wish that I had just stuck it out last time. Oh, well, if I don't do it this time, I'll be wishing the same thing six months from now. Right?????
The first time, I lasted for a few months. I felt like crap the entire time. The second time I lasted for a few weeks. This time I am determined. Question: Did anyone here get horrible stomach problems when he/she quit? It was really bad last time.
I tried the fiber; it bloated me to the point where none of my jeans would button. I went online and looked it up and there were lots of people complaining, but not a lot of advice beyond "oh, well, it's a side effect." But, hey, it does beat dying of lung cancer. I am sure THAT is a hell of a lot worse!
The last time, I didn't eat more, but I got horrible constipation. I kept on eating salads and drinking tons of water and I just felt worse. My doctor basically said, "Stick it out. The benefits are worth it." Yeah, all well and good, but I felt horrible for months. It did not go away. I was takiing laxatives all the time; that can't be good either. Oh, well, this time I really do want to quit. I am using the patch; I don't know if it actually helps, but it makes me feel like I'm doing something. I used it before, too. I just wish that I could figure out something to make my stomach behave.
17 years ago 0 406 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Gotta go with crab on this one. Right to the point. peteg
17 years ago 0 290 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Today is my 1st day...ever. And yeah I got the muchies real bad. It reminded me of highschool...Good thing we just had halloween (sorry kids) sounds like I am going to pay the price for that later (sigh) lol. Keep it up! Kevin [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 11/7/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 0 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 0 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $0 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 0 [B]Mins:[/B] 0 [B]Seconds:[/B] 0
17 years ago 0 5 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
we all rule, smoking sucks [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 10/21/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 18 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 373 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $135 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 10 [B]Mins:[/B] 30 [B]Seconds:[/B] 19
17 years ago 0 2670 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
eileen124, welcome! remember, you have the power! all you have to do is believe in yourself! hugs lynnexx :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 10/24/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 14 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 221 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �56 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 15 [B]Mins:[/B] 54 [B]Seconds:[/B] 19
  • Quit Meter

$113,667.50

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 6499 Hours: 4

Minutes: 39 Seconds: 31

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 738 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
HI E, and welcome, I just want to point out that when you say "God I want to smoke so badly" you are not talking positive to yourself. If you catch yourself saying that then immediately counter with "NO I DONT WANT A SMOKE" and/or "GOD HELP ME" because then you are bringing it into your conscious mind and making that conscious decision to NOT SMOKE. Honest, it is and always will be your choice. When I began to take responsibility for me and my quit, it became much easier. Breathe, use your coping skills, and above all, use POSITIVE self talk. Denise [IMG]http://i131.photobucket.com/albums/p300/DeeKaySss/White_parrot.gif[/IMG] [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 10/16/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 22 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 686 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $165 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 2 [B]Hrs:[/B] 16 [B]Mins:[/B] 7 [B]Seconds:[/B] 37
17 years ago 0 2631 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Eileen and welcome to SCC - the patch has really helped me to ease the physical cravings while addressing the "real" reasons for my addiction. My stomach problems can be attributed to the bag of sour candy that I devoured every night - grapes seem to be working better. Exercise is great for stress, muscle tension and, I suspect, constipation and pain....yoga is amazing too. Keep posting along the way...lots of support here! All the best! Windy [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 9/11/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 57 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,158 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $285 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 5 [B]Hrs:[/B] 11 [B]Mins:[/B] 52 [B]Seconds:[/B] 32

Reading this thread: