Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Emergency Happy Questions

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-06-11 2:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Questions to challenge negativity

2024-06-03 3:43 PM

Depression Community

logo

Social anxiety disorder

2024-05-29 1:50 PM

Anxiety Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Most Loved

Browse through 411.758 posts in 47.059 threads.

160,770 Members

Please welcome our newest members: MereM, browcari, Cas151, Britanica78, m_ladyschoolme

new user

17 years ago 0 5 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Wow it is the morning of day 5, and my sinus are very bad I will be going to see the doc soon and get something for that. My erges are very strong last night and this morning. I am up about every 2 hours, have a little breather and back to bed for another hour or so. I am off on medical leave from work anyway, so I dont have to worry about getting my rest right now, I can rest once the kids and hubby are gone to school and work. I am very strong still, most of the times, Let me let you guys now that my hubby is still smoking and I am fighting the erge daily. Even now, but I look at them and say yuck. I AM not going to slip. I will not let everyone down again, that means I will have to admit that I am week and I am not a week person by any means. Deep breaths are working for me, and telling myself what a friend told me. He quit cold turkey as well, and said there is no way he is going to start back up as he would have to tell everyone that he is a wimp and cant be in control. and I keep hearing him say that. My husband is not really saying yeah or nay about the hole thing, and I told the kids not to presure their dad as it has to be on his terms to quit not the nagging (been there done that, dont work.) But it is showing him that I am strong, and maybe he might give it a try on his own. But at least there is one less smoker in the house for the kids. And they are very good at helping me out. little things like I love you, good job mom. WOW what a feeling I get with that. ANd I am glad that I have found you guys. I was a little on the down side wondering if I would slip, Then I came on line and found new replys. THANKS GUYS. well I am going to try and get some rest till morning then call the doctors and maybe get something for this sinus infection. Thought it was clearing up, but it is hitting me once again. Could all be signs of my body cleaning up, but just the same, I need to find out what is going on. DOnt want to get down in the dumps cause I am sick for so long. So for now, smokes down, clean fresh air UP Lori [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 10/27/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 5 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 178 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $21.25 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 10 [B]Mins:[/B] 16 [B]Seconds:[/B] 16
Gosh, I sure thank all of you for the lovely support I am getting. It makes me feel so much better. I thought I might get the yah yah reply as I get with some family members as I have tried to quit before. You all know that I am sure. Yeah let me know in a months time ya da ya da. Anyway, I am feeling better and it has gotten a little harder with the erges, but with GOD backing me up, I will continue to be smoke free. Thanks again gang. There is no turning back for this girl. :-) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 10/27/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 4 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 153 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $17 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 8 [B]Mins:[/B] 52 [B]Seconds:[/B] 17
I am new to this, my quit date was 10/27/06. I am sick and could not breath, so I put the smokes down and said enough is enough. I have not touched them since. Still feeling sick tho with sinus problems, and starting to have the erge to smoke again, but I know it is stupid, just have to tell someone how I am feeling.
17 years ago 0 2670 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hey lab, good on you for quitting. I quit because my doctor persuaded me i needed to for my diabetes. Anyway, welcome, you will found loads of support here lynne [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 10/24/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 7 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 110 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �28 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 19 [B]Mins:[/B] 51 [B]Seconds:[/B] 9
  • Quit Meter

$113,645.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 6497 Hours: 21

Minutes: 33 Seconds: 8

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 327 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
LabAgain, You are doing great! Another day. Sickness can be a blessing in disguise I guess. Too bad about your husband smoking. Do you think he would be willing to go outside to smoke and keep his cigarettes hidden away? It has to make it tougher to have that around all the time and besides it really isn't too good for the kids, either. I am so glad you came onto this site. I think you are right about being an example for your husband to follow. Wouldn't be the first time something like that has happened. Take care and keep posting. Good luck with your sinus issue. QM [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 10/16/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 16 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 333 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $64 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 2 [B]Hrs:[/B] 12 [B]Mins:[/B] 0 [B]Seconds:[/B] 59
There isn't anything stupid about your having the urge to smoke after a few days quit, sick or not. The addiction is strong. Take this opportunity and latch onto it. Your body is sick and telling you not to smoke. Read everything you can on here and other sites, post about how you're feeling, and protect the few days that you have already accumulated. They are the hardest few. Just getting started on a quit, getting some days behind you with something to protect, is where you are now. Take advantage of this situation and quit for good. QM [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 10/16/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 15 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 306 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $60 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 2 [B]Hrs:[/B] 7 [B]Mins:[/B] 9 [B]Seconds:[/B] 7
Labagain, it was great to come back on here and hear your positive attitude. What you said about the family members and friends is so true. We probably have all let them down so many times. They can't understand like all us addicts on this site can understand. It is truly moving to see the people come back onto this site after slipping and are welcomed back warmly. Noone here will say, "talk to me in a month..." I'm really happy you are sticking around. The point made above about getting yourself ready for when the sickness ends is really a good one. Get ready. Build on what you have and keep reading and posting. I hope to hear more great news from you soon - one day at a time. QM [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 10/16/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 15 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 318 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $60 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 2 [B]Hrs:[/B] 9 [B]Mins:[/B] 10 [B]Seconds:[/B] 55
17 years ago 0 738 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi and welcome! You have made the first steps, please do keep going, use the tools at the left there and post here. There is so much information to read, and if you search messages, you can find most any topic you can think of! Download the quit meter, and look at it a lot, it helps to reinforce that you want to keep the quit stats going up. Prepare now for when you are feeling lots better; get some hard (sugar free) candies, lots of water, straws, toothpicks, whatever will help you through. I'ts a great decision for freedom, keep on going! Denise [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 10/16/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 14 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 446 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $105 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 17 [B]Mins:[/B] 40 [B]Seconds:[/B] 58
17 years ago 0 738 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi, welcome! I do so admire the requitter! If we keep going, this can be our last and final quit! Be prepared for anything, and you will be free! Denise [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 10/16/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 16 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 483 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $120 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 21 [B]Mins:[/B] 9 [B]Seconds:[/B] 29
17 years ago 0 2631 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Lab...Congratulations on your decision to quit. I also quit as a result of an illness and a cough that just wouldn't go away. Quitting like we did helps to save the worry/anxiety of preparing for a quit...but it also means that we have a little catching up to do. Being "under the weather" has probably helped you to stay in bed while dealing with the physical withdrawal (which I'm told takes 72 hours cold turkey) However, we also need to prepare for all the other triggers in life (morning coffee, talking on phone, stress, going out for a drink, etc. etc.) That's why we need tools: tools of distraction (i.e. drinking lots of water, walks, deep breathing, t.v., gum, sugarless candies, celery sticks, bubble baths, gym - whatever works for you) You will also start to learn a whole new set of skills from the tools offered on this site and from all the wonderful members and moderators. Post often...ask questions....there's a great group of people here waiting to help you. Windy [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 9/11/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 49 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 997 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $245 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 4 [B]Hrs:[/B] 17 [B]Mins:[/B] 33 [B]Seconds:[/B] 23

Reading this thread: