Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-20 2:48 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Challenging Worry - Worry Time

2024-05-14 3:33 PM

Depression Community

logo

Fibre

2024-05-06 5:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.755 posts in 47.056 threads.

160,652 Members

Please welcome our newest members: OJOIZA ALTHEA, PKENNETH LANCE, JSABAS, ASHAINE, EFAJARDO

Going for it

17 years ago 0 327 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Good morning, Fini. Doing ok over here. Last few days crave thoughts were more persistent but I kept my mind on you guys and all of us moving along together and that helps so much. it gives me just that extra strong push to just keep my head down and accept the crave or rough feeling. Thanks for checking in, The QM [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 10/16/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 6 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 127 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $24 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 22 [B]Mins:[/B] 53 [B]Seconds:[/B] 9
Thanks everyone. It's sunday evening and will be clear sailing toward tomorrow morning at 10 am and... da da da daaaaahhhh (trumpets blasting) 6 days. Fini, I'm not sure, practically speaking what the mentoring thing is all about but if it means keeping an eye on me on this message board and keeping your bucket of cold water loaded and sloshing, then, sure, I'd love having a mentor. Have a great evening everyone. I'll check in sometime(s) tomorrow. Shoot, who am I kidding, I'll probably check in again before this day is done. The QM [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 10/16/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 6 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 135 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $24 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 0 [B]Mins:[/B] 19 [B]Seconds:[/B] 16
Thanks for checking in, guys. It means a lot to have people out there who care. Even if they are mostly all about "tough love". Well, at least it's love after all. Looking forward to each day where I can see that I have put smoking one more day behind me. I really need to come to grips with why I have this history of slipping after quitting for a long time. First things first, though. I need to Quit and then worry about the slip monster. The QM
Good morning Fini, Yes, day three is about to begin (I quit at 10 am two days ago) and I knew I better get on here and reach out to some people this morning. No chocolate, just shoes, eh? By the way, I'm less afraid of the ice water than paying for the air fare to get you over here! Have a great day, Fini! The QM [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 10/16/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 3 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 66 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $12 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 11 [B]Mins:[/B] 53 [B]Seconds:[/B] 21
N2K - Nice to meet you. I have just about the same "description" if you can call it that - except m/44. I can't even say how long I've smoked in my life because there are so many breaks in it. I am hoping to get this figured out. I really think many of you long time quitters that are on here even after so many months and years but still staying involved have the right idea. It's just like AA in that you stay involved helping others in order to keep it fresh in your mind that you can't smoke - not even one. Stay strong, healthy and smokefree! The QM [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 10/16/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 3 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 66 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $12 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 11 [B]Mins:[/B] 52 [B]Seconds:[/B] 59
Phil - I wouldn't be at all surprised to learn that I've thrown well more than 100 partially empty packs away. Liked your humor on that one though. Fini - thanks for the kind words of, er, encouragement, combined with the threat of ice water. By the way, CONGRATULATIONS on 200 days!!!! That is a major milestone. What are doing to reward yourself? Some nice Chocolate? Valic - I'll have to think of a good reward for myself. Probably something edible! Jan - looks like we are right there together on this quit (day 2). Let's keep moving ahead and keeping each other from stumbling. Thanks, everyone. Doing good today. A bit light-headed and sleepy but cravings are not too bad really, just annoying and persistent. I really do appreciate and count on the support of you all. It truly makes a difference. The QuitMeister [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 10/16/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 2 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 52 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $8 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 9 [B]Mins:[/B] 19 [B]Seconds:[/B] 4
I'm on board. CHoo CHoo!
Thanks, everybody! I'm already feeling sort of crappy this afternoon and the addiction was whispering about getting some smokes later today. Your supportive words were very helpful. I will keep coming on here and reading and writing and put this stuff behind me (eventually). So - Sharon, Marie, Ex-slave, ParrotLady and Deli - thanks again for so quickly responding and for your kind and insightful advice. I'll be checking in again soon. The QuitMeister
Hi, everyone. I threw away my cigarettes a few hours ago ( for about the 100th time). I look forward to quitting with you all. I am... The QuitMeister
Good morning everyone, I am doing ok. No smokes yesterday at normal trigger points in the evening. It helped to think of all you others on here who are at day 1, 2, 3 (I'll make it if you make it) and all the others who are out there a number of weeks or months. We need to stay together and stay on the road! The QM [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 10/16/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 2 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 45 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $8 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 8 [B]Mins:[/B] 13 [B]Seconds:[/B] 13

Reading this thread: