Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-20 2:48 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Challenging Worry - Worry Time

2024-05-14 3:33 PM

Depression Community

logo

Fibre

2024-05-06 5:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.755 posts in 47.056 threads.

160,655 Members

Please welcome our newest members: Julia725, RFULLERO, OJOIZA ALTHEA, PKENNETH LANCE, JSABAS

NOT 1 Ciagarette in 60 hours - BUT ITS Getting hard

17 years ago 0 327 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
duncbar, Great job on getting going again. We're all on the same path. Post often and devour many mints. I found some sugar free mints and werthers candy today that is pretty darn good. It isn't calorie free but it is reduced calorie. The QM [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 10/16/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 6 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 135 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $24 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 0 [B]Mins:[/B] 19 [B]Seconds:[/B] 37
17 years ago 0 738 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
So sorry to hear about your dad and keep the powerful impact it made on you foremost in your mind. Ditto on the millionth time of quitting, but trying and doing are two different things. Here's to keeping the quit, and launching a whole new us. We can do this together, and we can do it well, too! 23 hours, 20 minutes and 47 seconds. 29 cigarettes not smoked, saving $7.29. Life saved: 2 hours, 25 minutes. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 10/16/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 1 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 35 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $7.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 3 [B]Mins:[/B] 21 [B]Seconds:[/B] 48
17 years ago 0 12 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Guys and girls...Quitters and quitters to be...Hey even though this is really like the millionth time i'm trying to quit..I really feel that this time is THE TIME...My father passed away 10 days ago..not directly due to these blasted fags even though I'm sure they did contribute to a very rare type of cancer in the bone marrow which he had..called Multiple Myelpma...Well thing is..I saw him suffer due to breathing problems in the past 3 months..and during various nights I spent at hospital with him..there were some people there..dying of lung cancer directly because of Cigarettes..and THEY STILL SMOKED..sneaking out of the hospital wards like children at school..to grab a fag without the nurses and docs noticing it..I decided I would not let the addiction get to me so badly...So here I am again..trying to stop..and will do anything i can to keep it this way..Hey good luck to all of you out there..and keep posting coz knowing how others are dealing with this always helps and gives each other courage :)) I'll be back in here tomorrow ..hopefully still smoke free...Till then :) cya [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 10/14/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 2 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 58 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �8 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 7 [B]Mins:[/B] 16 [B]Seconds:[/B] 9
WOW - This is great...Thanks a lot to all of you for all this support I got in 6 hours from my first POST :)) This is great.. So ..a short recap to you all...woke up like 1 hour ago..(still smoke free..avoided the coffee though coz that links me too much to a great cig)..Now i'm gonna print all your great advice and carry it around with me coz i'm off to the office and that is my BIGGEST Challenge - not to smoke at work.. Windy - 35 days - thanks for the sympathy and 35 days- THAT"s great - you should be really proud of yourself... Riverdale man - 241 days - WOW - thanks for the support Healer Within - Have changed the "try" to "DO" - thanks alot for that - THAT IS A GREAT Philisophy to go about quitting N2K - NOPE - that is the most important thing I think - NOT ONE PUFF - I WILL KEEP THAT STUCK IN MY MIND PHIL - I will definietly struggle on Parrot Lady - You're the closest one to me...KEEP THE QUITTING AND A WHOLE NEW US...I'm there with you...STAY STRONG...WE CAN DO THIS !!! LUNA - I like your quote - "It was worth every minute of agony to experience this freedom. Go for it! " GUYS AND GIRLS - REALLY BIG THANKS TO ALL...I hope I can shortly be helping others just like you did to me...Will keep you posted...Off to work NOW :)) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 10/14/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 3 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 64 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �12 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 8 [B]Mins:[/B] 4 [B]Seconds:[/B] 52
Hey there people..Casey, Windy, Riverdale, CobenFan and all of you...YES I DID MANAGE...Yesterday I went for a swim and some snorkling...and usually one of my favourite cigs is the one after I come up from the sea..I ate like 20 mints instead...but it definitely did the job...Went out in the evening and took a few drinks too..but kept strong on the NOPE...Looking forward to keeping strong tonight and during all the week... Thanks to all of you for all this support..YOu are all GREAT !! Duncan. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 10/21/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 1 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 31 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �4 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 3 [B]Mins:[/B] 54 [B]Seconds:[/B] 3
Hi there all of you...sorry for not posting in the past 2 days but my computer went crazy on me and had no internet till I actually got down to fix it...Infact i'm only seeing all your other replies now...THANKS A LOT to all of you... Unfortunately...I fell...on my 5th day...and you know what...i regret it like crazy..because i was doing so well...and was allready feeling so much better...Then on Wednesday I took a drag thinking "oh well it's just one drag..it won't do any harm"...But you know what...I got even more addicted than before..so today i decided i'm going to stop again tomorrow but I will stick to N2k's rule : [b]NOPE (not one puff ever)[/b]...So to all of you who are still stopped - GUYS/GIRLS...KEEP IT UP...AND DO NOT TRY 1 SINGLE DRAG...Wish me luck for tomorrow..it'll start all over again..Now I know better what makes me fall and when it's more dangerous so I'm even more prepared...POst tomorrow people...Cya [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 10/14/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 6 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 129 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �24 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 16 [B]Mins:[/B] 13 [B]Seconds:[/B] 59
thanks casey ! i will make it a point to post on sunday and tell you that I have managed again ! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 10/21/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 0 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 0 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �0 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 0 [B]Mins:[/B] 0 [B]Seconds:[/B] 0
17 years ago 0 2631 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Best thing you can do is to jump back on the wagon...Good for you...Now you know..N.O.P.E. Looking forward to Sunday's Post! Windy [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 9/11/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 39 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 798 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $195 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 3 [B]Hrs:[/B] 18 [B]Mins:[/B] 55 [B]Seconds:[/B] 22
Way to go Duncbar....you are back on the wagon........20 mints way better than any cigarette ever....We will just keep reminding ourselves...N.O.P.E. Go Dunc go! Windy [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 9/11/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 41 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 834 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $205 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 3 [B]Hrs:[/B] 23 [B]Mins:[/B] 5 [B]Seconds:[/B] 11
Hi Dunc - I am so sorry to hear about your Dad. Your experiences must have had such an impact on you. You know I knew that if I didn't quit smoking and got cancer, I would likely be one of those people sneaking outside (this addiction is so controlling) I am so glad that I have taken on the task of tackling this addiction (even if it isn't easy) because I am so sick and tired of it controlling me. Welcome to SCC. You will meet a great group of people who will support you every step of the way. 60 hours is great! You need tools...we have tools! You need support.......we have support! You need someone to cheer you on, we are here! Keep on posting and come join the SCC family! Windy [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 9/11/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 35 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 718 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $175 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 3 [B]Hrs:[/B] 9 [B]Mins:[/B] 51 [B]Seconds:[/B] 3

Reading this thread: