Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 9:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Alex 2 1
lara 1 0

Most Loved

Browse through 411.750 posts in 47.055 threads.

160,558 Members

Please welcome our newest members: PMYKEL JOHN, Water&Forest, MBERNICE ASTRID, SLOVELY MAE, BXAMUELLE CHRISTIEN

i will have to quit smoking

17 years ago 0 36 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi there, Thank you all for your welcome. I have 4 days left before I quit smoking.My problem is that every time I read the posts, my heart is biting very hard and I feel a lot of stress. Is that normal? tsikos(this is my cats name) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 9/25/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] -4 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 0 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �0 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 0 [B]Mins:[/B] 0 [B]Seconds:[/B] 0
Hi there, today is the big day!!!! I have smoked my last cigarette last night. OH this is rough! Since I woke up my mind is always for one cigarette. I am trying to distract my thoughts. I have not taken any patch or swing gum of nicotine until now. Sometimes I feel dizzy and my hands are trembling and I can concentrate to what I am doing . What is this? SMOKING is an awful illness? If I could pass the first day maybe tomorrow is more easier.HELP give some ideas [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 9/25/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 0 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 0 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �0 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 0 [B]Mins:[/B] 0 [B]Seconds:[/B] 0
Hi, this is tsikos from greece and i have decided to quit smoking, next Monday the 25th of september.I really hate myself smoking, but i think that is going to be tough for me since i smoke 30 cigarettes per day.I have promised my little doughter to stop smoking, so i will have to try hard! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 9/25/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] -5 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 0 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �0 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 0 [B]Mins:[/B] 0 [B]Seconds:[/B] 0
17 years ago 0 156 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
tsikos It's your first day! Great! Your body is reacting to the absence of nicotine. The headache and other withdrawal symptoms are normal and can be prevented, namely by exercising, eating right, drinking a lot of water and.... not smoking! The most important is your decision to quit! We are on the same road and here is the best place to come when the things become difficult. I forward the message that I received yesterday from our buddy Free: Congrats on your decision to quit smoking. Knowledge is power, so get prepared. Get prepared for your mind to deal with emotions without the mask of a drug. Know that the nicotine in cigarettes has caused you to be physically addicted. Take comfort in knowing the physical withdrawal will stop approximately 72 hours if you can resist nicotine products. Be fully aware that your life routine will have to be experienced without smoking cigarettes for you to be quit. So throw them away. Do not save any. What is your routine? When do you smoke? Make a list of your triggers (when you would normally smoke). It is better to think about all of these things ahead of time so that you can go into battle prepared. Replace your bad habit (smoking) with good habits. Read about healthy ways to deal with stress/emotions and start practicing your new coping skills. Get yourself ready physically by walking more, take in more fluids, get plenty of rest and avoid becoming overtired. Tell people around you that you�re going to quit. Get yourself a Quit Buddy who will be there to provide you personal quit-smoking help and support. Fight the urge to protect yourself from looking silly if you don�t make it all the way. Believe in yourself from the very beginning. Make it come true. If you don�t make it this time, what matters is that you get back up and try again. Also, don�t forget to make rewards a part of your plan. Quitting takes a lot of work, so you want to make sure you give yourself credit along the way. Keep a list of rewards you look forward to - it will help keep you motivated. Watch out for alcohol, social situations, other smokers, weight gain, and bad moods/depression. These things can make you fall off the Quit Wagon. Like I�ve said � be prepared for these things. We
17 years ago 0 87 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Kids are great motivators! I am glad you are doing this for yourself as well. We are here for you, and YOU CAN DO IT! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 9/14/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 5 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 82 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $17.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 10 [B]Mins:[/B] 8 [B]Seconds:[/B] 46
17 years ago 0 2631 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Welcome tsikos! You have picked the right place to be. It's not easy but it's possible. What a great promise you have made to your daughter. I really didn't think I could do it either but I'm still here. Keep reading, keep posting and take advantage of the great tools and the great advice you can get at this site (plus you can rant and rave whenever you want too!) Glad to have you here! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 9/11/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 8 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 174 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $40 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 19 [B]Mins:[/B] 52 [B]Seconds:[/B] 21
17 years ago 0 2039 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Welcome Tsikos. You have come to the right place. I too, smoked 30 cigarettes a day and this site and these wonderful people really helped me. All the coping tools on the left here really work, check them out. You can do this for your daughter! Good luck to you Tsikos, and keep posting! Cheers, Jan [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 9/11/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 8 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 246 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $72 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 21 [B]Mins:[/B] 35 [B]Seconds:[/B] 22
17 years ago 0 3131 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Tsikos hi and welcome. Work the tools on the left and read as much as you can on site and keep posting. You can do it one day at a time :)Marie [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 6/13/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 98 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,476 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $392 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 12 [B]Hrs:[/B] 23 [B]Mins:[/B] 26 [B]Seconds:[/B] 6
17 years ago 0 290 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Welcome Tsikos!! Congratulations on being here with us! Your first days may seem difficult. You will think about it all the time since you won't have it. Try to stay strong.Find things to keep keep your mind and your hands busy! Read lots of posts in here. You will see how better you will feel very soon. Stay strong and stay near! kate from Greece xxx [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 8/23/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 33 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 331 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �99 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 2 [B]Hrs:[/B] 8 [B]Mins:[/B] 35 [B]Seconds:[/B] 22
17 years ago 0 290 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Welcome Tsikos, i'm greek too and it's nice to find another greek person in here. You will find a lot of support in here, people DO care about each other.. they always listen and give you advice. Stay here...read lots of posts... and stay strong. Kate [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 8/23/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 27 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 272 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �81 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 22 [B]Mins:[/B] 30 [B]Seconds:[/B] 49

Reading this thread: