Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-20 2:48 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Challenging Worry - Worry Time

2024-05-14 3:33 PM

Depression Community

logo

Fibre

2024-05-06 5:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.755 posts in 47.056 threads.

160,695 Members

Please welcome our newest members: aseprodi, KaydeeChy, VLOVELY KEITH, Strongyogi*, TNIKKA

Intro and Good Morning

17 years ago 0 18 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi all! My name is TK - I am the 35 year old full time mommy of 4. A few weeks ago, my Mom was diagnosed with Emphysema in the early stages. She is 56 years old, and they have already put her on oxygen at bedtime and when she is excercising. This scared me and spurred me into becoming a non smoker again! I quit smoking cold turkey in 1999, and started smoking again in 2002, so I know I CAN quit and I CAN backslide ;-) This go round, I saw my doctor and asked for Wellbutrin. I have been on this for 2 weeks, and I can honestly say I really have not noticed a difference. I smoked my last ciggarette at 9:30 pm on 8/30. I have to say it feels like I picked a bad week to quit, emotionally as I have had quite a few stressful things rearing their ugly heads, but so far I have not lit up - yay me! Probably my worst symptom right now is not sleeping. I got 2 hours of sleep night before last and 3 last night - so I am just totally exhausted. Anyway, sorry for the long intro. TK [font=Georgia]Text[/font][color=Purple]Text[/color] [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 8/31/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 2 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 69 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $9 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 4 [B]Mins:[/B] 42 [B]Seconds:[/B] 31
  • Quit Meter

$181,752.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 5958 Hours: 18

Minutes: 0 Seconds: 17

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

Thanks Cybrduke! My Dad was saying something last night about how he had heard the ciggarette companies had increased the amount of nicotine in them since sometime in the 90s? I appreciate the vote of confidence and am now focusing on how GREAT it feels when the nicotine leaves my body as opposed to how crappy it makes me feel at the time, lol. TK [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 8/31/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 2 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 70 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $9 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 4 [B]Mins:[/B] 46 [B]Seconds:[/B] 40
  • Quit Meter

$181,752.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

Thanks Lady! Yeah, I may try the Tylenol PM tonight, as I don't have to set the alarm in the AM. I really thought I would sleep like a rock last night - I was falling asleep sitting up while waiting on my daughter to get home from the High School Football game!! Imagine my surprise when I sat straight up in bed at 3:30 am and couldn't go back to sleep, lol. Oh and your kids sound great! Your bit about trying to get them to let you go back to smoking made me darn near give my monitor a cranberry juice shower ;-) TK [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 8/31/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 2 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 70 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $9 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 4 [B]Mins:[/B] 46 [B]Seconds:[/B] 28
  • Quit Meter

$181,752.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

Thanks so much for all of the warm welcomes. I am doing well - haven't touched one in almost a week now - yippee! Definitely helps to be able to log in here and read, especially at 2 and 3 am when I can't sleep, lol. TK [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 8/31/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 5 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 159 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $22.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 10 [B]Mins:[/B] 44 [B]Seconds:[/B] 10
  • Quit Meter

$181,752.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 583 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Satchfanswife, Hope you are doing well now. I related with your storey my first week there was all sorts of stuff thrown at me. I made it threw did not smoke. After that I had much more confidence. If i made it threw that I can make it threw any thing. SO CAN YOU. Good luck Welcome end of Summer Quiter Grace [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 8/8/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 27 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 553 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $108 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 23 [B]Mins:[/B] 14 [B]Seconds:[/B] 59
17 years ago 0 227 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
HIYA TK WELCOME GLAD TO HAVE YOU. SLEEPING YIKES THAT TOOK ME AWHILE BUT NOW IAM SLEEPING PRETTY GOOD NOT LIKE THE FIRST 2 WEEKS THEN I HARDLY SLEPT. REMEMBER NO TIME IS A GOOD TIME TO QUIT I USED THAT ONE FOR 27 YEARS LOL. STAY WITH THE GROUP AND POST WHENEVER YOU FEEL LIKE IT. IAM STILL A NEWBEE BUT IT SEEMS TO HELP ME. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 8/18/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 18 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 373 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $71.64 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 20 [B]Mins:[/B] 49 [B]Seconds:[/B] 50
  • Quit Meter

$163,576.80

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 6106 Hours: 20

Minutes: 7 Seconds: 39

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 3131 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Satchfanswife hi you're on the right track. You can do it one day at a time :)Marie [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 6/13/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 81 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,221 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $324 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 10 [B]Hrs:[/B] 17 [B]Mins:[/B] 47 [B]Seconds:[/B] 34
17 years ago 0 3368 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
[IMG]http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a17/Daniwiz/welldone2.gif[/IMG] satchfanswife Keep it going! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 5/12/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 116 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 3,494 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $464 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 9 [B]Hrs:[/B] 19 [B]Mins:[/B] 8 [B]Seconds:[/B] 10
  • Quit Meter

$54,525.60

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Minutes: 0 Seconds: 18

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 334 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi TK and welcome!!! Us full time mommies have to stick together! I'm a stay at home to three little boys - and sometimes just the stress of that would make me want to smoke - but you know what? One day at a time! I too have quit before (and before and before)! I really believe that all of those other quits prepared me for this one and final quit. I learned so much on my other journies - and now here Iam 85 days later and feeling great! You can do this - we are all here to help you - stay close and stay quit! Cheers, Janet [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 6/12/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 85 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,027 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $467.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 7 [B]Hrs:[/B] 13 [B]Mins:[/B] 3 [B]Seconds:[/B] 48
17 years ago 0 5195 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Good morning Tk! Welcome to the SSC. A lot of people have trouble sleeping when they quit. I was one of these. Other quitters find themselves sleeping away. I took tylenol PM at night. I had headaches and trouble sleeping. This seemed to help both of these issues. Trust me when I say there isn't a good time to quit as far as stress goes. I tried to quit a million times before this one and always found stressors a good excuse to go back to smoking. Don't fall into that trap. Keep taking one step at a time and keep moving forward. You will be so glad you did. Drink a lot of water and try to be patient with yourself. Anytime you feel the urge to smoke just remind yourself that smoking will not help a thing. Every day is one day closer to never feeling this way again. Congratulations on your decision to take your life back from the enslavement of the cigarette! Oh yeah, one more thing. Don't use the kids as an excuse to go back to smoking either. I have 3 myself and tried that. After a few days into this quit I said to them "wouldn't you rather I smoke then yell and scream at you and be crazy?" You know what those brats said? "Yell and scream away mom, just don't smoke". Aren't kids just great motivators :) Have a great Smoke free Weekend! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 7/1/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 428 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 8,567 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1498 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 37 [B]Hrs:[/B] 17 [B]Mins:[/B] 58 [B]Seconds:[/B] 47

Reading this thread: