Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Emergency Happy Questions

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-06-11 2:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Questions to challenge negativity

2024-06-03 3:43 PM

Depression Community

logo

Social anxiety disorder

2024-05-29 1:50 PM

Anxiety Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Most Loved

Browse through 411.758 posts in 47.059 threads.

160,770 Members

Please welcome our newest members: MereM, browcari, Cas151, Britanica78, m_ladyschoolme

Hi all non smokers - from London

17 years ago 0 186 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi there I have just discovered this site and I think its great I thought I was all on my own trying to Quit smoking - a bit emotional at the moment having a tough time in life ~ plus having no joy quitting so lets hope that this will do it for me!!
17 years ago 0 186 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Many thanks i havent set my Quit date yet but it will be very soon I promise..i dont feel all alone anymore this is the best shaila
17 years ago 0 7 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Shalia im from uk myself (scotland) and was glad to find this site i think it will help me what ive read everyone seems very nice and wants to help people keep up the good work.regards to all cathyb.
17 years ago 0 515 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Welcome Shaila; Select your method of quitting & date whenever you are comfortable doing so. In the meantime, read everything you can on this website, feel free to post or IM individually on the SSC Messenger to members(feel free to click me in as a buddy if you like). I've tried to quit on my own before finding this site & failed each time. It was such an agonizing experience to quit smoking. This quit has been surprisingly easy - - and I have to contribute it to the support I get right here, plus being better educated about what my body & mind goes through when quitting. Give it a try when your ready. You've got nothing to lose (but a filthy, horrible habit!!) Ericon [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 7/30/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 4 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 165 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $29 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 12 [B]Mins:[/B] 46 [B]Seconds:[/B] 46
17 years ago 0 123 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Shaila Congratulations on making the decision to quit... I too tried to quit many times before I was pointed in the direction of this website... I am working on my final quit at the moment and because of the support that I have received on this site I have found it to be the easiest quit experience I have ever had... The support network here is amazing. If you have any worries or if you need a rant just come on here and post like crazy... Someone will always have time to post you a reply, give you some advice or just listen to what you want to say... Use the tools on the left, they are invaluable... Keep a journal of your progress... I have a livejournal that I update every morning with details of how my previous day was and how I am coping... Even if you just get a jotter or notebook and write any feelings/thoughts you have in there it is great to look back on... Also, many of the other members on here have posted some very inspirational messages... When you find one, print it off and put it in your journal.. I keep mine in a quit folder, full of all my targets, treats, and inspirations.. Also, remember your reward system.. Reward yourself at the end of every day you complete, at the end of the week have a bigger reward and at the end of the month one that is bigger than that... Make the most of it... Good luck with your quit, remember that we are only a post away if you need to talk to anyone.. Krissie
17 years ago 0 351 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Great decision Shaila, this site has made a HUGE difference in my quit. We are so glad you are here and we will help you through. We are all in this together. Stay strong and think positively. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 6/19/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 45 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 456 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $90 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 4 [B]Hrs:[/B] 10 [B]Mins:[/B] 32 [B]Seconds:[/B] 32
17 years ago 0 16 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Congrats on your decision to stop smoking!! It's a rough ride at first, but think positive everyday, all day long!!! Have a good day!! LBZee [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 10/25/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 282 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 5,650 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $987 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 28 [B]Hrs:[/B] 6 [B]Mins:[/B] 2 [B]Seconds:[/B] 59
17 years ago 0 322 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Shaila Welcome to the Best Rolercoaster in the World-Its Great. Give us all a shout when you ready Jacko(UK) (J22/23 M6) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 8/4/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 0 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 0 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �0 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 0 [B]Mins:[/B] 0 [B]Seconds:[/B] 0
17 years ago 0 3131 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Shaila welcome, use the tools on the left, and post often .You can do this one day at a time :)Marie [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 6/13/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 51 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 771 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $204 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 6 [B]Hrs:[/B] 18 [B]Mins:[/B] 49 [B]Seconds:[/B] 0
17 years ago 0 3368 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Welcome to the SSC. Congrats on your decision to quit smoking. Knowledge is power, so get prepared. Get prepared for your mind to deal with emotions without the mask of a drug. Know that the nicotine in cigarettes has caused you to be physically addicted. Take comfort in knowing the physical withdrawal will stop approximately 72 hours if you can resist nicotine products. Be fully aware that your life routine will have to be experienced without smoking cigarettes for you to be quit. So throw them away. Do not save any. What is your routine? When do you smoke? Make a list of your triggers (when you would normally smoke). It is better to think about all of these things ahead of time so that you can go into battle prepared. Replace your bad habit (smoking) with good habits. Read about healthy ways to deal with stress/emotions and start practicing your new coping skills. Get yourself ready physically by walking more, take in more fluids, get plenty of rest and avoid becoming overtired. Tell people around you that you�re going to quit. Get yourself a Quit Buddy who will be there to provide you personal quit-smoking help and support. Fight the urge to protect yourself from looking silly if you don�t make it all the way. Believe in yourself from the very beginning. Make it come true. If you don�t make it this time, what matters is that you get back up and try again. Also, don�t forget to make rewards a part of your plan. Quitting takes a lot of work, so you want to make sure you give yourself credit along the way. Keep a list of rewards you look forward to - it will help keep you motivated. Watch out for alcohol, social situations, other smokers, weight gain, and bad moods/depression. These things can make you fall off the Quit Wagon. Like I�ve said � be prepared for these things. We�ve quit. You can too. We�ll be here to support you if you need us. I look forward to celebrating your milestones with you. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 5/12/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 83 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,504 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $332 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 7 [B]Hrs:[/B] 0 [B]Mins:[/B] 31 [B]Seconds:[/B] 18
  • Quit Meter

$54,549.60

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 5961 Hours: 7

Minutes: 7 Seconds: 6

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

Reading this thread: