Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Mother's Day is coming in a few weeks!

AABBYGAIL RUTH

2024-05-15 10:52 PM

Depression Community

logo

Addiction

Lynn123

2024-05-15 9:17 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Challenging Worry - Worry Time

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-14 3:33 PM

Depression Community

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 5:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.753 posts in 47.056 threads.

160,634 Members

Please welcome our newest members: CuppaJo, GCAJULAO, RPABIA, TEBON, SJOLINE GEL

Hi Everyone

17 years ago 0 457 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Yeah Celeste - I came in here when I felt it yesterday and wrote that up there. Just writting it out seemed to make it go away. It was triggered by a little spat with the husband which made me think i wanted a cig, which scared the crap out of me, and then I lost all control of all the feelings after that. Shevie... That's one of the things that i've learned to do to get through all of the rough spots in my life.."This won't last forever". You know, many of us have heard all of the horror stories about people feeling craves and such 20 plus years after they quit, and some of them go back to smoking. One person told me once that all of the tar and chemicals get out of your system years and years after you quit and that's when the really hard part happens. I guess that's been the best part about becoming educated about quitting.. I can safely asure myself that this isn't going to last forever. I feel better today than yesterday actually, and I was expecting to be going through the death throws on day 3. LOL [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 7/17/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 2 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 140 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $26 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 5 [B]Mins:[/B] 11 [B]Seconds:[/B] 2
Well I went to the WW meeting and lost 2 pounds! LOL!! I had no probs with the cigarette store at all - the only thing was that I have these foggy and dizzy spells, and think that I probably shouldn't have been driving. Other than that - all is well. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 7/17/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 2 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 110 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $26 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 4 [B]Mins:[/B] 7 [B]Seconds:[/B] 7
You guys are really great. I've been reading the threads here for a few days now, and didn't decide to post till now. I really dislike message boards usually, but this place seems like a positive place to be. I'm coming from 3 packs a day, and have smoked for 21 years. I joined this program online that helps you to get organised and jump back into your life - head first really. When i did that, i no longer had enough time in my day to smoke 3 packs of cigarettes. You can't smoke when you have rubber gloves on and your hands in water, eh? I then went a few days with only getting a pack and a half into my system per day, and I went through withdrawals! BAD! The last day that I smoked I couldn't get enough cigarettes smoked to ease the pain. I quit yesterday - I'm on wellbutrin, but have not used any nicotine at all. Yessterday was pretty easy. Today is proving to be more of a challannge and to be honest with you i'm scared to death. My chest feels like it is going to squeeze me until I can't breath anymore. My head is pounding, my vision is blurry (Prolly because I am crying), and I have the shakes. I keep checking the clock and waiting for it to end, but it's not ending. What happened to the three minutes anyhow? ...OK - it let up now. wheew. This is worse than being in labor. I have a weight watchers meeting tonight and I don't know if I should go or not. I'm not worried about the possibility of having gained a little weight - I planned for that. What's bothering me is that the meeting is right next door to the Indian cigarette store, and I don't feel strong enough to keep on driving today - (the town I live in is pretty isolated and I have a long drive to get cigarettes). I suppose if I wanted it bad enough I could get a cigarette without leaving our little town - I have neighbors that smoke. Maybe I should go anyways? Would you? Tomorrow I have to go to town for dance class anyhow.. might as well get used to it? Or maybe I should wait till next week for the dance class too, and just stay holed up in here until this all eases up a bit? Anyhow - I'm married, and a mother of five. Hubby doesn't smoke but never said anything about my smoking at all. Now we have no smokers in our house and that's kind of a neat thing to
17 years ago 0 18 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
:) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 7/12/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 6 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 125 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $24 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 15 [B]Mins:[/B] 22 [B]Seconds:[/B] 56
17 years ago 0 18 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Peggy, This is a great place to be right now! I am working on my 7th day smoke-free. I know I owe a lot thanks to this message board and the program offered here. There is a lot of strength here. Dee
17 years ago 0 1128 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Misty :) I have a history of Panic disorder also. I can attest to having one on Sunday just passed, posting in here helped me enormously, i recieved a lot of support and understanding so which i appreciated greatly. Afterward i identified that what i was feeling was a combination of fear of the unkowen and my body expelling all those toxins. If you have consulted your doc about your panic disorder, hopefully he/she would have provided you with techniques on hope to cope. Just remember the breathing exercises and remember you are safe and you will be fine. I can identify with your withdrawls feeling like a panic attack, its only symptomatic - dont forget that, surround yourself in light and know you are safe and know that it will pass. This is how i cope with the panic attacks but do what works for you. What a fantastic acheivement. You can do it Misty :) Celeste :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 7/11/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 8 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 185 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $81.6 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 15 [B]Mins:[/B] 33 [B]Seconds:[/B] 3
17 years ago 0 94 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Nice to meet you Peggy. I'm just starting out too,also a heavy smoker. Lots of help in here,lots of experience undestanding what were going through. I tell ya i have already gotten so many help ideas it just great. My girl was always telling me how kids said her locker smelled like smoke and or she did. I really hated that for her but kept right on with my addiction. I only pray that she never picks it up. She fusses enough about it that hopefully she gets it.....shes17 so hopefully..... Now as far as your trips.....i dunno......i stayed in and cleaned for the first week. I guess if you think you can do it. I was amazed at myself with some of the things i did. Made me almost think i was high on something LOL Oh and the time thing......I SWEAR IT SEEMS TO DRAAAAAAG ON FOREVER....LOL so i think that is just part of the process. Be sure to get to doc if you keep having problems. Congrats on the days smoke free.....its the way to be :) Correen
17 years ago 0 3131 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
MistyMoon congrats on taking the decision to quit smoking. If you feel that your quit is too fragile to go out so soon and be tempted, protect your quit at all cost. It is very hard to quit such an addiction but as you have read through these treads many of us are doing it and so can you. If you feel you need more help maybe you should pay your doctor a visit just for support if nothing else. You can do this one day at a time, you have already done one, way to go, keep up the good fight :)Marie [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 6/13/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 35 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 539 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $140 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 4 [B]Hrs:[/B] 17 [B]Mins:[/B] 51 [B]Seconds:[/B] 58
17 years ago 0 772 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hello Peggy! Well done you for quitting. You say you keep checking the clock waiting for something? What are you waiting for? You are a non smoker, get out there and enjoy it!! :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 6/12/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 37 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 928 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �277.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 3 [B]Hrs:[/B] 6 [B]Mins:[/B] 34 [B]Seconds:[/B] 55
17 years ago 0 2838 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
MistyMoon: Welcome!!! Sounds like we have alot in common. I am also a recovering 3 pack a day smoker for 34 years. I have five children between 24 yoa and 10 yoa. I have a stressful job and a slew of excuses why I should smoke---but, I am determined to make this quit work. My husband is quitting with me as well. Stay close and stay strong! :)

Reading this thread: