Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Stages of change

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-06-25 11:19 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

What have you learned?

2024-06-19 12:26 AM

Quit Smoking Community

logo

Emergency Happy Questions

2024-06-11 2:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Questions to challenge negativity

2024-06-03 3:43 PM

Depression Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.760 posts in 47.060 threads.

160,789 Members

Please welcome our newest members: mandie1991, AGAMBOA, BMARCOS, KLIGO, LBUELA

Please help me

17 years ago 0 322 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
NIK, In my bar I clean out ashtrays and throw away butts/cigs/fags, empty smoke packs, etc....I have good solid top of the range air con system, but I STILL SMELL IT, On 5th day now and nearly, thro` the weekend. My quit is Zyban and from the amount I smoked, this pill got me thro` the 5 days. To be truthful, not at one point over the weekend have I been tempted although I think about them all the time. Your party is your tester. You will pass. You have too. You strength is your 30 min pass time. Each 30 mins, tell yourself, I passed the last 30 mins, so I can pass the next 30 mins. Be Strong and Good Luck Jacko. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 6/27/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 5 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 258 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �75 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 18 [B]Mins:[/B] 23 [B]Seconds:[/B] 28
17 years ago 0 3131 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Congrats Niks, don't smoke. Marie [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 6/13/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 19 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 299 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $76 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 2 [B]Hrs:[/B] 15 [B]Mins:[/B] 10 [B]Seconds:[/B] 37
17 years ago 0 772 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Oh and I also didnt really want to smoke anyway. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 6/12/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 20 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 510 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �150 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 19 [B]Mins:[/B] 12 [B]Seconds:[/B] 41
17 years ago 0 772 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Ah well its Sunday. Tomorrow I would have been smoke free, nicotine free for 3 weeks woohoo.. I did go to the party. Before that went to a bar watched England get beaten in the world cupy by portugal :( the first bar that we went to was so smoky it really made me feel sick. I went to the party, I WAS tempted, people were smoking all around me, and I was drinking - but i DIDNT smoke. I promised I wouldnt, so I didnt, I really couldnt face coming back here and saying i failed. So I am still a non smoker - but carrying on with my life also - I know that now I will definately do this. A am definately a non smoker. For good. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 6/12/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 20 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 510 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �150 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 19 [B]Mins:[/B] 12 [B]Seconds:[/B] 35
18 years ago 0 772 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I know where you are coming from healer and I here you why would I put my quit in jeapordy? Honestly I wouldnt, but i have not had a holiday in a long time. I love camping and going away in my tent, and I have two of these just this month. They are 30th birthday parties. So things that wont come along again. I havent been camping since I went away for my birthday last year, Aug 15th, and i wont go away in my tent again this year, if I dont go now, also it is a good friends birthday and my boyfriend would have to go on my own. Yes I do know where you are coming from. Of course i am serious about this quit. Definately totally. Which Is why I am posting now. I am sorry but I cannot just stay cooped up indoors typing on the net as that is not the real life all the time either, I also go out as I do in real life, normally if i make too many sacrifices I will also fail I know that. I really apprecaite your responses, if I do go, I will print them off and take them with me, if it gets hard I will read them as I cannot post x [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 6/12/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 18 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 468 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �135 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 15 [B]Mins:[/B] 35 [B]Seconds:[/B] 38
this week is going to be the toughest i have had yet. I either hide away and just sit on this computer (and that isnt living) or I get on with my life and what it has to offer. I have a huge party to go to... tonight i am drinking its friday night nearly 10pm and i am finding it hard, tomorrow night i am drinking and going to an all night party taking the tent and camping overnight, and I KNOW that there will be people there that are smoking. If I ever needed your help, honestly I need it right now. I will take all replies to heart I will print them off and take them with me tomorrow... [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 6/12/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 18 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 467 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �135 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 15 [B]Mins:[/B] 32 [B]Seconds:[/B] 45
Ok I am open to anything. Basically I stayed in last weekend, weekend before was fairly tough. But this is not going to get better. Next weekend I have a summer ball to go to, where i have already bought the dress etc... and the hotel room is booked, just after that there is another 30th birthday where the guy is a dj, and his girlfriends parents live on a farm, so another party, with djs hog roasts etc etc... if you live in UK maybe you will understand If you live in UK - usually this weekend is Glastonbury - its not happening this year so fallow year. So these things are going on instead I usually go to Glastonbury. I cant hide away forever, not smoking is NOT meant to be a punishment, I value my quit, but I will not punish myself. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 6/12/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 18 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 468 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �135 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 15 [B]Mins:[/B] 38 [B]Seconds:[/B] 58
Duckie your post means a lot because i will print it off and if I do go (and I cant see how i cant) then I will also not smoke not only for me, but also for your aunt and uncle i will find it easier to do it for you than for me. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 6/12/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 18 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 469 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �135 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 15 [B]Mins:[/B] 40 [B]Seconds:[/B] 9
17 years ago 0 75 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
niks you have done amazingly well! As a fellow upset England fan i also managed to cope with not smoking, even though i did have to have an extra couple of drinks to stop the pain of the defeat (which made it tougher)! But what doesnt break us makes us stronger....you are stronger for surviving your weekend without smoking, and kowing that you CAN do this! Congratulations on your 3 weeks, and getting through your testing weekend! kolativey [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 6/13/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 20 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 246 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �100 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 20 [B]Mins:[/B] 34 [B]Seconds:[/B] 52
18 years ago 0 394 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Dear Niks I am back and as you know i have been struggling.(still is) I would probabbly not go on that party-at least not drink as if i do i will relax and with that i lose my guard and that will get me to smoking again/ BIG TIME But Dear Niks i am not you-and you have to decide if you are strong enough?? ann [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 6/6/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 24 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,093 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $381.6 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 2 [B]Hrs:[/B] 5 [B]Mins:[/B] 48 [B]Seconds:[/B] 31

Reading this thread: