Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 9:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Alex 2 1
lara 1 0

Most Loved

Browse through 411.750 posts in 47.055 threads.

160,563 Members

Please welcome our newest members: PMYKEL JOHN, Water&Forest, MBERNICE ASTRID, SLOVELY MAE, BXAMUELLE CHRISTIEN

wow

17 years ago 0 140 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Um Kram? If you're all done at your house, you could probably be over at mine in say, about 8 or 9 hours, including airport-waiting time. I'm in Canada, and I could sure use someone to do my ironing for me. As much as I've gained loads of time every day from not smoking, I still can't seem to keep up with all the housework. Now outside yardwork is a completely different story - I can go out early in the morning and only come back in for water and snack breaks - and then when my darling daughter is starving for dinner! So I guess what they say about the metabolism slowing down can't be applied to you. Good for you for keeping so busy - your wife is a very lucky woman! Keep at it. sushik [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 5/31/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 26 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 668 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $234 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 2 [B]Hrs:[/B] 14 [B]Mins:[/B] 24 [B]Seconds:[/B] 50
  • Quit Meter

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 0 Hours: 0

Minutes: 0 Seconds: 0

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 772 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Lol good morning you! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 6/12/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 14 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 351 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �105 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 5 [B]Mins:[/B] 42 [B]Seconds:[/B] 42
17 years ago 0 394 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
hi there [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 6/6/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 20 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 882 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $318 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 19 [B]Mins:[/B] 28 [B]Seconds:[/B] 53
17 years ago 0 46 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
wow its 2.30am in uk and i have been cleaning and painting and tidying and sweeping and mopping and scrubbing and watering the plants and wiping and decluttering an washing up an ironing ,ironing hang on ironing my missus thinks this givin up smokin lark is good cant tell yet nothing seems to be happening oh sorry yes im getting healthier Hmmmmm i want to go to sllllleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep why oh why is this sooo hard everyday a different feeling sometimes its thinking contiuosly about smoking other days the whole house gets a workin over and if its not the house its my boys who think their dad has been taken over by aliens or something and at work well i`ll tell you its horrible oh yeah and i papered the foyer into the house at about 12ishhhh midnight oh just had another snack attack there goes the baguette an oh mi god dont know if its cos im snackin but indigestion long time gettin sick of gaviscon rene tried loads of different stuff other than that i think im doing very well with my quit didnt know going 1 hour without a ciggy could be so hard ;) okay okay all of its true exept its day 12 an ive changed my name to protect the innocent just a bit lonely and awake at silly oclock now about 3.30ish youngest will be up in a couple of hours and i`m in wide awake club oh another thing can anyone help seems strange to me when i post on the ssc like its 1pm and really its 7am or a different date and things like that how does everybody insert all them cartoons an stuff and keep track of all the discussions that are taken place 86 tonight in the last 48 hours or somthing like that by time ive read a thread its 2 days later and its had 333 replies but its only taken 10 mins to read eh any one else had that i know i know but its late and ive been wanting to ask about this since i started but never had the blls` till tonight look forward to hearing from people cheers
hi niks how comes you posted at 1.08 am on the 26th when i sent it at 3.15 on the 26th but it says 9.34 pm on the 25th how do we keep a track of it all has anyone got any tips on using the ssc buttons and tools oh an pen sorry bout that didnt know it would do that with all them dots is there any way to change it cos it dosent half make it hard to read 10 am uk time postin now
wow who`s done that then,thanks for elimanating all them thar dots for me was it you josie if so thankyou its a lot better. cobenfan whish iwas on day 40 only on 13th think that when i finally get to day 40 there will be no house left to clean.pen if i post this now at 9pmish uk that people will be able to tell me what they just had for tea in USA eastern WOWW great this technology thingy ehhh.by the way i wouldnt mind hearing what you all had for tea Only BREAD AND GRUEL in uk .... see i stopped only did 4 little ones this time heh heh ;p
17 years ago 0 2257 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hello Kram, I don't know how long you have been quit (meter?) but at my 40 day mark, I was a whilrwind of cleanie-uppie!!!!!! Crazy as I was being, my husband though we were having a garage sale! Oh, and hey, don't smoke it's bad for you. CobenFan [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/25/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 93 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,585 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $325.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 8 [B]Hrs:[/B] 15 [B]Mins:[/B] 10 [B]Seconds:[/B] 44
17 years ago 0 962 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Kram - You certainly kept me entertained through your posts. I don't know how to insert the pictures either so I'm no help there. But the not sleeping I do know about. You could take a Tylenol PM about 30 minutes prior to going to bed and it will help you sleep through the night. It really helped me - although your wife probably appreicates you cleaning and ironing instead of sleeping! You're doing a great job and if it makes you feel any better, my boys think I'm an alien too! WooHoo!! Kram's a Non-Smoker!! Island Girl [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/21/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 125 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,255 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $250 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 14 [B]Hrs:[/B] 15 [B]Mins:[/B] 34 [B]Seconds:[/B] 18
  • Quit Meter

$1,703,362.50

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 5861 Hours: 3

Minutes: 34 Seconds: 42

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 534 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hey Kram, I just love the kind of stuff we post in the wee hours of the morning. It can be very entertaining. Besides it gives you something to do besides clean house, or eat, or read, or watch TV, or take another bath. Hang in there, you are making it through, one thought at a time. Cheryl [font=georgia][size=4][color=navy] No Joking, I'm Still Not Smoking! [/font][/size][/color] [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 7/4/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 356 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 8,567 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1014.6 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 46 [B]Hrs:[/B] 16 [B]Mins:[/B] 18 [B]Seconds:[/B] 25
17 years ago 0 2534 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
kram, On the wide post thing, a plea to the moderators is the only way I know but I don't think they'll be up yet!!! As for your time issue, all posts are expressed as US Eastern time which is 5 hours behind us in the UK. Hence, if you post at 9.00 a.m. UK time it will show as 4.00 a.m. on the post. You'll get used to it! All The Best Penitent d769
  • Quit Meter

$56,903.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 1127 Hours: 3

Minutes: 32 Seconds: 48

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

Reading this thread: