Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

New Year's Resolutions

2024-03-25 2:47 AM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.748 posts in 47.053 threads.

160,499 Members

Please welcome our newest members: Fwcl, anonymeLouise, RDANIELA NICOLE, Lfr, CPADUA

Thank you

17 years ago 0 3368 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Good Morning Sparky ... how are you doing. I hope you are doin' well with your quit. [IMG]http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a17/Daniwiz/nice_day.gif[/IMG] [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 5/12/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 38 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,153 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $152 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 3 [B]Hrs:[/B] 5 [B]Mins:[/B] 37 [B]Seconds:[/B] 58
  • Quit Meter

$54,487.20

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 5954 Hours: 12

Minutes: 29 Seconds: 48

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 3368 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
If you can beat alcoholism you can beat this too. Stay positive and work the Quit Program Tools to the left of your screen. Believe that you can and you will. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 5/12/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 36 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,104 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $144 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 3 [B]Hrs:[/B] 2 [B]Mins:[/B] 17 [B]Seconds:[/B] 16
  • Quit Meter

$54,487.20

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 5954 Hours: 12

Minutes: 29 Seconds: 48

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 3307 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I just want to say thank you to those that have repied. It means a lot to me. What trips me up is I think I can get by with a puff or two. Insane yes, but I just get this urge that is so powerful that I have no control. I know I should wait until it passes, but I feel like I am going to go crazy. I am going to use this site a lot. I am in 12 step program, but I get to go to meetings. I have 29 years of sobiety, but this not smoking is the hardest thing I have ever encountered. Again thanks to you all!! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 6/18/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 0 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 0 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $0 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 0 [B]Mins:[/B] 0 [B]Seconds:[/B] 0
Bingo,thanks for the thread. I have made a copy for myself. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 6/18/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 0 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 0 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $0 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 0 [B]Mins:[/B] 0 [B]Seconds:[/B] 0
I am doing great for the moment and I am going to enjoy the heck out it. Got up this morning had breakfast and went for a three mile walk. I am getting ready to do things around the house and hope to keep busy all day. Hope everyone has a great day!!! I am not sure how the buddy list works. Do I just add whoever and does it work like instant messenger? [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 6/18/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 1 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 15 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $3 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 4 [B]Mins:[/B] 40 [B]Seconds:[/B] 5
17 years ago 0 249 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hiya Sparky! [IMG]http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c157/bingo969/Smilies/wave.gif[/IMG] I know what you mean about the "just one puff" thing we tell ourselves. Believe me, I know!! Anyways, while I'm sure others are sick of hearing me preach this, it really has helped me a LOT. I printed out the 'Junkie Thinking' post from a thread a while back and I taped it right in front of my face at work, so all day long - every day - I would see it and think about it. It's still there today, and I still look at it every day. You can find it here: [url=http://www.stopsmokingcenter.net/support/viewmessages.aspx?topic=28384&forum=12]Junkie Thinking Thread[/url] Maybe you will also find something there that helps you. Stay strong and keep in touch! Bingo [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 4/23/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 55 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,116 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $165 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 7 [B]Hrs:[/B] 23 [B]Mins:[/B] 59 [B]Seconds:[/B] 13
17 years ago 0 534 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Yes, Junkie thoughts come in all shapes and sizes. I can't believe how much I told my self that it was not possible for someone my age to quit. That I had been smoking to long. Even that I did not want to stop. Then I found this site and took a chance. Now I am almost a year quit. Still surprises me some days. Cheryl [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 7/4/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 349 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 8,377 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $994.65 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 45 [B]Hrs:[/B] 15 [B]Mins:[/B] 30 [B]Seconds:[/B] 19
17 years ago 0 2027 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
The belief you can get by with a puff or two isn't insane, it's quite normal. But it's just a junkie lie. We all get them and have to get past them. Use this site as your 12 step meetings for nicotine. Nice thing about it is it's always going on. There's been quite a bit of discussion lately about how hard quitting smoking is or is not, and whether we should cheer it's difficulty or not. Medical research has shown nicotine is the most addictive drug. How we handle the cessation of it is up to us. All I know for sure is that it can be beaten. There is plenty of proof it can be done right here on this site. Stay close, Sparky. You [u]can[/u] do this. Shevie [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 5/23/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 390 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 7,816 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1482 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 72 [B]Hrs:[/B] 20 [B]Mins:[/B] 31 [B]Seconds:[/B] 35
17 years ago 0 2462 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Sparky, SSC is like an online meeting. There's almost always someone on and if someone doesn't respond right away, there are lots and lots of threads and posts to read. Stay close and let us help you. Rusty :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 12/13/2004 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 551 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 15,450 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1928.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 75 [B]Hrs:[/B] 21 [B]Mins:[/B] 43 [B]Seconds:[/B] 9
  • Quit Meter

$54,724.80

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 646 Hours: 7

Minutes: 9 Seconds: 33

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 12049 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Sparky, Welcome to the new day and please let us know if we can help. The IM Messenger does work like MSN and you can add as many contacts as you wish. When you are posting you will see the "add buddy" icons just add them and they will appear in your personal SSC IM Messenger. Please contact us via feedback if you need anymore help :) Keep Strong, Josie _____________________ The SSC Support Team.

Reading this thread: