Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Stages of change

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-06-25 11:19 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

What have you learned?

2024-06-19 12:26 AM

Quit Smoking Community

logo

Emergency Happy Questions

2024-06-11 2:42 PM

Depression Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.761 posts in 47.061 threads.

160,836 Members

Please welcome our newest members: Sinea, MANA MARIE, mandie1991, AGAMBOA, BMARCOS

Today has been awful

18 years ago 0 772 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Actually Rusty I have cycled probably 10 miles or more today. So I ate some Pizza? I can go to the gym tomorrow, that isnt the problem. I barely eat anything anyway so I dont think one pizza is going to kill me The problem is that loads of times, I have quit, started smoking over a weekend, then quit again on Monday. Over and over again, doing the first few weeks, sometimes i go for 3 weeks. This time I wanted it to be different. You might bash me for that, but me posting here is a change in that groove and it is a difference. I think your attitude is pretty harsh, and if i wasnt such a strong character, I probably wouldnt bother posting here again. As i dont think it will help me at all. I went out, I DIDNT smoke. I smoked for more than 22 years, up to 30 a day. If I am on day 5 i got really bad cravings, didnt smoke, came home and did pizza, I think that is pretty good. I am not addicted to food, never have been, I am addicted to nicotine. Being harsh and speaking to me like i am a child, really wont wash, I will just stay away. I dont need that negativity, I have enough of it going on in my own head. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 6/12/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 5 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 112 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �25 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 11 [B]Mins:[/B] 50 [B]Seconds:[/B] 36
How do i get over this? Today we took our mountain bikes and cycled into town which is a few miles away. It was great. Then I did all the temptations. I went to a bar to get some food, I had a drink. The following thoughts went through my head and I almost relapsed. 1. I can buy some cigarettes, just smoke for today, then quit tomorrow (or monday) 2. Its the weekend, I want to relax have a beer and a cigarette 3. I felt deprived 4. I almost failed. Really I did, it was so hard, and I even went near to the shop, and was seriously weighing up whether to buy a packet. HOW do I get my head around, I can just have a smoke today and quit again on Monday? Just smoke for the weekend. It was so strong it was overwhelming. I got home, and ordered Pizza, so hey I will end up fat, but this is my reward. Today was hell. I got into a fight with my boyfriend.. and i almost relapsed.. I hope every weekend isnt like this, i have been here too many times before. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 6/12/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 5 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 111 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �25 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 11 [B]Mins:[/B] 44 [B]Seconds:[/B] 34
No worries Rusty. It is probably me being oversensitive. I apologise if I snapped. I just have a lot on my mind right now. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 6/12/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 5 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 117 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �25 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 12 [B]Mins:[/B] 21 [B]Seconds:[/B] 0
18 years ago 0 15 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Last night and tonight were terrible for me too. Fought with my poor boyfriend over nothing, had awful crying fits - but I did it. And so did you. Do what you havr to do to get through it and it will be ok [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 6/11/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 6 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 138 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $45 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 12 [B]Mins:[/B] 16 [B]Seconds:[/B] 40
18 years ago 0 46 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
WOW..........Impressed am i niks tell me it was a domino`s pizza yum yum yum i can taste it now.Keep going on your quit give me hope as im not far behind you on quiting and i have smoked for 1 year more.the down side to me is that i ate all the pies and i dont cycle.SO SHOW ME THE WAY TO GO AND DONT QUIT YOUR QUIT. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 6/13/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 4 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 183 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �40 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 15 [B]Mins:[/B] 27 [B]Seconds:[/B] 50
18 years ago 0 481 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Niks, I am also having a hard thime today. It is raining hard here and I can't get out of the house really. My daughters cigarettes are calling my name loudly!!! I am sooooo depressed and hopeless feeling. I am thinking that this is something more than just not smoking. I am so hopeless. I want to smoke and smoke and do nothing else for a year. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 6/1/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 16 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 665 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $91.2 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 18 [B]Mins:[/B] 17 [B]Seconds:[/B] 20
  • Quit Meter

$75,035.40

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 6532 Hours: 14

Minutes: 0 Seconds: 26

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

18 years ago 0 3368 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Niks ... I think Rusty probably misread what you wrote: [quote]I got home, and ordered Pizza, so hey I will end up fat, but this is my reward. [/quote] I think she read it like your getting fat would be your reward. And from reading many of Rusty's posts I believe she was trying to talk you out of that negative thinking. She is trying to get you to tell that ol' Nicodemon where to go and not let it control you. We are all happy that you made it through a stong craving ... have no doubt about that. If you feel temptation ... take your self out of that situation. Eventually you will be able to handle it ... but right now your quit is like a baby ... young ... so treat it as such. Protect it and take care of it. (((hugs))) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 5/12/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 36 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,098 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $144 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 3 [B]Hrs:[/B] 1 [B]Mins:[/B] 55 [B]Seconds:[/B] 56
  • Quit Meter

$54,571.20

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 5963 Hours: 17

Minutes: 10 Seconds: 39

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

18 years ago 0 8760 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Embg, Good for you! You passed an important test, I know it wasn't much fun but you did it! Be proud and reward yourself! Danielle ______________________________________ The SSC Support Team
18 years ago 0 8760 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Niks, You've done great so far, you didn't smoke! This is a new way of living, it's a learning experience and it will take some time before it becomes second nature. Just keep persevering and for now keep talking yourself down! I see some great trends... you've got a reward system and thought stopping. The only thing I would suggest would be to replace smoking with something else so you don't feel deprived. It can be anything, just make sure it's something you love. Start dreaming up alternatives. Good luck, Danielle __________________________________ The SSC Support Team
18 years ago 0 1070 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Niks, its' okay! You did a great job by not smoking and I for one am very proud! I so hope you haven't gotten angry and smoked. We care about you here and I don't think the post was meant to offend. Sometimes our attitudes do need a tweekin. I think you are doing fabulous and look at youe meter, you have come this far...don't lose your quit now! Hugs! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 5/15/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 33 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 673 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $148.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 2 [B]Hrs:[/B] 9 [B]Mins:[/B] 26 [B]Seconds:[/B] 59

Reading this thread: