Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

New Year's Resolutions

2024-03-25 2:47 AM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.748 posts in 47.053 threads.

160,501 Members

Please welcome our newest members: Fwcl, anonymeLouise, RDANIELA NICOLE, Lfr, CPADUA

June-Bug Check up

17 years ago 0 772 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Bump How is everybody getting on?
17 years ago 0 394 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
HI Do not forget me I only got you as support Im here and take day by day-- Josie--> re: afraid of turning in to a bear.. well its feels like im hunted by a ....> [IMG]http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b63/thagoona/daemon.gif[/IMG] I read a thread somewhere that it may actually get harder and harder to quit every time?? As the cravings get stronger?? is that true?? Its that why its so hard for me.. ann [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 6/6/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 13 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 578 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $206.7 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 4 [B]Mins:[/B] 31 [B]Seconds:[/B] 37
17 years ago 0 12 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
aekvall, I don't know that it gets harder to quit each time - it's that whole thing they say about the times you quit before being practice, right? The last time I tried to quit it was excrutiating - I was horrible to all of the people I loved, and didn't make it past a week without "cheating", and once I got to that point, I felt like the battle had already been lost - I was SOOOO hard on myself. This time, I'm just working really hard to make it not be a big deal, I figure if I don't make a big deal about it - then I won't focus on it too much. Some of my coworkers didn't even realize until this morning that I'd quit smoking (day seven, and I'm feeling absolutely fine) when before I would go out at least once and hour for a cigarette, plus two or three on my lunch break. I think it's totally different for every person - every time they quit - you just need to realize that this is it - you're strong enough - the chemicals have the addictive factor on their side, but you've got free will on yours - and you've got an incredible support group right here. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 6/13/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 6 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 127 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $33.96 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 10 [B]Mins:[/B] 40 [B]Seconds:[/B] 51
  • Quit Meter

$417,744.40

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 4540 Hours: 18

Minutes: 13 Seconds: 53

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 216 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi ann, You are wondering if each time you quit, it gets harder...I think for each person it is different. This time for me (this is probably my fifth or sixth time-my previous time quit was probably at least 12 years ago) was not a hard as I thought it would be. A few things keep me from wanting to smoke again...#1. I don't WANT to go down that road EVER AGAIN-#2 I know that I can Not take One Puff Ever-N.O.P.E.( in the past quits I would think I was okay to take a puff occasionally) and #3 I don't know that I would ever be as strong in my desire( to quit and stay quit)to be able to go through this again. I hope this helps you. Trudy [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/21/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 90 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,082 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $269.1 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 9 [B]Hrs:[/B] 21 [B]Mins:[/B] 5 [B]Seconds:[/B] 29
17 years ago 0 15 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
CONGRATS ON UR FIRST DAY!!!!!!!!!!! Just a Reminder: Cravings are natural and they will pass. Don't think about not being able to smoke for the rest your life, start with thinking about not smoking for the next 10 minutes and so on.a
Hi I add myself to this June group too Im better today than yesterday [IMG]http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b63/thagoona/smoke.jpg[/IMG] ann [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 6/6/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 6 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 282 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $95.4 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 13 [B]Mins:[/B] 58 [B]Seconds:[/B] 20
Just popping in and saying helo thanks for the support yesterday thought I was going crazy Not too bad today, but still bad But nothing as i was ... yeah i was really angry and tense and absolut anxious without you I may have had one (just one) I didnt.. :) By teh way how do you link to pictures ?? ann [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 6/6/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 6 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 279 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $95.4 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 13 [B]Mins:[/B] 43 [B]Seconds:[/B] 34
Hi again Do not know why i finished that last post with "By teh" :0 have No idea what i meant!! Im absolutely crazy here, not foccussing at all. [IMG]http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b63/thagoona/smoke.jpg[/IMG] [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 6/6/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 6 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 279 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $95.4 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 13 [B]Mins:[/B] 44 [B]Seconds:[/B] 54
17 years ago 0 311 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Okay, so its day five, and I'm beginning to think that the coming days are going to be harder than the first few. The mental games are beginning. Of course this is my first weekend, been enjoying doing outdoor things, but hubby is smoking and I just don't know what to do. Cravings are getting worse. Been doing more deep breathing today than I have yet, and I can't wait to go to bed at nite b/c the temptation is too strong just being up. Then I get waves of optimism and I'm proud of what I'm doing, and I want to tell everyone I know (but I don't) How is everyone else feeling? [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 6/7/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 4 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 93 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $19 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 9 [B]Mins:[/B] 30 [B]Seconds:[/B] 12
17 years ago 0 31 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Mama! So glad to hear that being at work is helping. Me too - although same as you I find myself on the support site probably more often than I should! Another thought... my boyfriend, sister, and father all cautioned me not to put "too much pressure" on myself with this whole "quitting thing". They reminded me that everyone has bad habits, so i should not get stressed out about it. After a very negative reaction where I wondered how they could love me and not be more encouraging of my quit, I reminded myself that I am not quitting for them. I am quitting for me. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 6/4/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 8 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 86 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $22 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 16 [B]Mins:[/B] 36 [B]Seconds:[/B] 23

Reading this thread: