Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Emergency Happy Questions

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-06-11 2:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Questions to challenge negativity

2024-06-03 3:43 PM

Depression Community

logo

Social anxiety disorder

2024-05-29 1:50 PM

Anxiety Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Most Loved

Browse through 411.758 posts in 47.059 threads.

160,770 Members

Please welcome our newest members: MereM, browcari, Cas151, Britanica78, m_ladyschoolme

June-bugs roll call

18 years ago 0 8760 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Julie, I agree with Breaking Free, if this happens again, you should consult your MD. Aekvall & Zany, The first few weeks are the toughest. Your body is recovering so think of these withdrawal symptoms as a good thing. Your on your way to being healthier! Keep persevering all you June bugs! Danielle __________________________________________ The SSC Support Team
18 years ago 0 8760 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Way to make it a team effort! Go June bugs! Keep persevering, Danielle ______________________________________ The SSC Support Team
18 years ago 0 607 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hello All, I would love to be a part of the June-bugs as Ialso quit FINALLY in June. I may have had ups and downs but I still have not given in to the nicodemons :) Kim [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 6/7/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 6 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 165 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $24.3 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 13 [B]Mins:[/B] 59 [B]Seconds:[/B] 29
18 years ago 0 220 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Just to add humor, I am sitting here reading posts, sucking on a lollipop, like a 2 bit 1970's Kojak, Hollywood Hooker... at least, I haven't run to the store for cigs because NOPE is the name of the game now. As ~lbugg~ and others say, "NOT ONE PUFF EVER" Oh ya, and "bite me nicodmen" (don't know who says that, but I like it) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 6/12/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 2 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 78 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $13 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 4 [B]Mins:[/B] 14 [B]Seconds:[/B] 56
18 years ago 0 220 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Mama, I joined the Junebuggs on Stoppin's list. Didn't see this here. [i]Usually, on line,[/i] [i]only long enough to whine.[/i] Present whine- stuffy nose and tar throat- I know I am being silly. All of these complaints will pass and their just our bodys' way of getting rid of cig tar and posioning. Hi all and aekvall- it will get better. One has to believe. FYI- live in TX too. When I was growing up, my sister doted over Junebugs and I love little bitty, lime green frogs. She would be so envious of this groups' name, but she's not ready to quit- and I will not force her or become preachy- I will only lead by example. (I know that sounds cocky for a woman on her second day, but I think I am at the point where the benefits of quitting clearly outweigh, those of still smoking- as a person said to me once, about a similar addiction, "In order to beat it, you have to trick your own mind. It's all in the mind.") Good luck all June Buggers. May our numbers grow. :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 6/12/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 1 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 76 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $6.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 4 [B]Mins:[/B] 12 [B]Seconds:[/B] 5
18 years ago 0 5009 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hello Mama, I remember you from your first day - a bit helpless and hopeless I recall. Now you're leading the June Bugs parade I'm proud of you!! Mr Ed :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/13/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 120 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 3,618 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �900 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 20 [B]Hrs:[/B] 2 [B]Mins:[/B] 36 [B]Seconds:[/B] 26
18 years ago 0 1070 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
You go, June bugs! Love the name! I have a friend that we call June bug....hehe! WTG< June Bugs! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 5/15/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 22 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 448 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $99 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 14 [B]Mins:[/B] 20 [B]Seconds:[/B] 51
18 years ago 0 58 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hello to everyone! You know what kinda strange is that for the past couple of days I ve been feeling really like someone has drained me of all my energy and feeling kinda of sick to my stomach but for the last two nights I feel like I cant quit breath enough o2 in or something. I had to sit up in bed last night because I started feeling like I was uncomfortable with my breathing (not to the point of calling 911) so I had to keep calm so my heart rate wouldnt increase. I did check my pulse and it was normal. Almost I would assume a little anxiety that comes out of nowhere. Has anyone experienced any of this on or around the same quit days? Julie [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 6/5/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 9 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 95 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $40.77 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 19 [B]Mins:[/B] 6 [B]Seconds:[/B] 9
  • Quit Meter

$166,376.28

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 6013 Hours: 23

Minutes: 9 Seconds: 24

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

18 years ago 0 58 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hello Mama! I am also a June-Bug. I know what you mean about TX and the June-Bugs, I used to live in southwester OK. How are you doing at this moment. I hope that you find strength and love from all of us who you inspire greatly. You can feel your energy as you read your post. Hang in there, I believe you can make it through, you must believe this as well. I admire you quitting with no nicotine assistance, this to me shows me your strength. You are a leader and all leaders question themselves at one point or another but they regroup put their chin-up and march on with victory! Your June-Bug Friend Julie [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 6/5/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 8 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 86 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $36.24 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 17 [B]Mins:[/B] 22 [B]Seconds:[/B] 58
  • Quit Meter

$166,376.28

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 6013 Hours: 23

Minutes: 9 Seconds: 24

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

18 years ago 0 7 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hey, I hope that you are feeling better! I too live in Houston, and now every time I see those darn June bugs I'll be thinking of ya'll! I am on day 15, and my really rough days were day 3 and day 8, but I made it through them with the grace of God! Hang in there, you can do it! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 5/30/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 14 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 588 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $106.4 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 15 [B]Mins:[/B] 41 [B]Seconds:[/B] 1
  • Quit Meter

$204,561.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 6497 Hours: 22

Minutes: 32 Seconds: 20

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

Reading this thread: