Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Stages of change

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-06-25 11:19 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

What have you learned?

2024-06-19 12:26 AM

Quit Smoking Community

logo

Emergency Happy Questions

2024-06-11 2:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Questions to challenge negativity

2024-06-03 3:43 PM

Depression Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.760 posts in 47.060 threads.

160,788 Members

Please welcome our newest members: mandie1991, AGAMBOA, BMARCOS, KLIGO, LBUELA

Day 5

18 years ago 0 1 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi...I guess I'm here for the same reason as everyone else. I am 50 have smoked for 35 years and want to live. I didn't mean to sound so drastic but that's pretty well it. I am starting my day 5 now and am trying everything not to run out the door to the store to buy you know what. I am trying the patch and the gum this time. 3 yrs ago I tried the patch and lasted for 7 weeks. This time I added the gum and find it helps a little more. I just wanted to know how long does this EXTREME desire to smoke last..I cannot remember from last time. this is a really tough day for me...thank you for allowing me to vent! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 5/28/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 4 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 133 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $32 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 12 [B]Mins:[/B] 19 [B]Seconds:[/B] 48
18 years ago 0 3368 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Glaze and WELCOME to the SSC family of QUITTERS! I just love a quitter! [IMG]http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a17/Daniwiz/smiley_abzw.gif[/IMG] Congrats on your decision to live life to the fullest! Please use the Quit Program Tools to the left of your screen. They are very helpful and will empower you with coping skills and knowledge for your Quit Journey. As far as the mental part of quitting ... Attitude is what will determine whether your journey is an easy one or a tough one in my opinion. As for the physical part of quitting, expect the withdrawal to take place. Reading about what to expect helps. Depending on which aids you decide to use will make a difference on your physcial withdraw. I have 3 kids and decided to wean myself physically from nicotine using the patch so that the withdrawals would not hit me like a ton of bricks. I wanted my kids to live through my quit. [IMG]http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a17/Daniwiz/smiley_abzw.gif[/IMG] The downside to that, in my opinion, is that I am making it take longer to get the nicotine out of my body. The upside, I am able to concentrate on the mental aspect more fully. Whatever road you decide to take on your quit needs to work for YOU. It matters not which road you take, as long as it gets you to your destination. If you find the road you are taking doesn't work, you can always take a different one. We are all here to support one another, so vent your frustrations, share your accomplishments, act like a goof (I do), be inspiring, be helped and help others, throw your pity party if need be ... whatever helps ... do it. Feel the fear and do it anyway! [IMG]http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a17/Daniwiz/Animation1.gif[/IMG] [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 5/12/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 20 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 615 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $80 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 17 [B]Mins:[/B] 24 [B]Seconds:[/B] 26
  • Quit Meter

$54,562.80

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 5962 Hours: 19

Minutes: 38 Seconds: 39

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

18 years ago 0 1070 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Welcome & congrats! I am happy that you have found us, this is a great site for support. It really has made the difference in my quit! For me the first week was a breeze but the minute I hit 1 week quit all heck broke loose....I was miserable. Days 8-10 were torture but guess what? I made it and here I am working on 3 weeks...well, its coming! You just need to take it minute by minute on the hard days. I never imagined I would have made it this far...never have before. I believe in you...this too shall pass! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 5/15/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 17 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 348 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $76.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 5 [B]Mins:[/B] 48 [B]Seconds:[/B] 12
18 years ago 0 2257 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Glaze - Welcome and Congrats on your 4 days! Stick close by here if you are craving up a storm, we can help out a little bit with that. Are you drinking your 8 glasses of water a day? Deep breathing to relax yourself through a craving? Maybe some hard candies too. Read and post, post and read some more. Keep going over your list of reasons why you quit. Take a walk, take a nap - Just Don't Smoke! The support here is unlike any other place -- Fabulous. CobenFan [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/25/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 68 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,165 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $238 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 6 [B]Hrs:[/B] 8 [B]Mins:[/B] 8 [B]Seconds:[/B] 5
18 years ago 0 852 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Glaze, Firstly, [b][i][color=Brown]Congratulations[/color][/i][/b] and [b][i][color=Brown]Welcome[/color][/i][/b]!!! 4 days is great!! To answer your question though, you hopefully will feel better very soon. You are in hell week, and it is named that because it is hell, for the first week. It usually starts to lighten a bit after that. Please remember that everybodys quit is unique. You are doing great by refraining yourself from running out the door and buying a pack!! Keep it up!! ;) 4my2girls [b][i][color=Maroon]What Consumes Your Thoughts Controls Your Life[/b][/i][/color] [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/5/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 88 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,653 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $287.76 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 7 [B]Hrs:[/B] 2 [B]Mins:[/B] 46 [B]Seconds:[/B] 51
18 years ago 0 1151 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Glaze, You are doing a great job and a great thing for yourself. 35 years is a lot of time and so your body and your mind will need some time to adjust to the massive change in habit. But OH the freedom that awaits you! One thing that is very important and often overlooked is the need to reward yourself along the way. This link is a great post about the science behind why it's important [url=http://www.stopsmokingcenter.net/support/viewmessages.aspx?forum=1&topic=24919]Rewards, Nicotine and the Brain[/url] I think I butchered the name of the thread but it's well worth a read. Stay close to this site these first few weeks and you'll get through this! Sandra [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 8/5/2004 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 665 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 13,309 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $2992.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 49 [B]Hrs:[/B] 6 [B]Mins:[/B] 21 [B]Seconds:[/B] 49
  • Quit Meter

$37,329.50

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 645 Hours: 16

Minutes: 58 Seconds: 17

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

Reading this thread: