Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Stages of change

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-06-25 11:19 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

What have you learned?

2024-06-19 12:26 AM

Quit Smoking Community

logo

Emergency Happy Questions

2024-06-11 2:42 PM

Depression Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.761 posts in 47.061 threads.

160,839 Members

Please welcome our newest members: Sinea, MANA MARIE, mandie1991, AGAMBOA, BMARCOS

3 days away from quit date

18 years ago 0 81 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
it is getting closer and closer... (the last time i posted here was about 3 weeks before my quit date)... now, it is 3 days away... thanks for the cheerteam 2 weeks ago.... :) I am jumping back in now... i figure that i cant do it all alone cos i am already physically alone now in the states. oh, some background to that, i am from Asia and staying in the states for 1.5 year cos my husband has a job here. however, unfortunately my husband has to return to Asia for work n wont be back till July. So, i am physically here alone. :) and i really want the quit. So for these 3 days, if anyone want to throw anything at me, strong words, or gentle reminder.... please do so.... Just keep me intact and strong. Anything will do, just keep feeding me.... though i always think that i am a strong person in most aspect of my life...phew..but when it comes to smoking, i can be quite indulgent in it. I have done all i can..all the preps... I really hope i dun disappoint myself this time. And sometimes, i can be quite an emotional person and that could be a real trap for me. I hope to see myself soon as one of those who have pass their Day 1 - Day 7.... it will be awesome to be there...and i so admire those who have become FREE..... (salute to all those who have been there !!!) I will be staying close, very very close to here. I dun want the thought of quitting to weaken ... i want to make a difference........ I WANT SUCCESS... I WANT TO BE FREE!!!!!!!!!!! na [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 5/14/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] -2 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 0 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $0 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 0 [B]Mins:[/B] 0 [B]Seconds:[/B] 0
Yeah Nascar Fan, Thanks. i'll be there for you too. Maybe then, there will be 2 disoriented person ,crying and laughin on the SSC. :) At least we are not alone. I will hang on..... i am brainwashing myself now..ha ha ha... wash away the old thoughts... na [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 5/14/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] -2 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 0 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $0 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 0 [B]Mins:[/B] 0 [B]Seconds:[/B] 0
hi 4my2girls thank you so much for the encouragement. yes, this time i will reach out, i will not repeat the mistake i have made in the past, trying to bulldoze the way all be myself. :) I have share my quit with my sister over MSN, she is really surprised that i have joined a support group, or maybe even with the fact that i have told her. To her n perhaps most people in my life, i am a 'on my own', stubborn & private person. Hence, it came as a surprise for her, but she is very very happy for me. So i may not be very used to letting it all out here (as i mentioned above of my nature), but i will try. :) Probably the way i was taught when young was not to bring my problem to others, you know, its like you deal with your own s@#t kind of mentality. And, thanks Shevie... you have really prepared me for something i havent thought of... the erractic mood changes... ohhh... that would be something for me... cos i get out of control whenever i feel that i cant take charge of my mood. And loneliness too...have made a few friends here, however, this place is so big, hence really difficult to plan for meetups,etc. :) besides, being a few months here doesnt really allow me to make friends close enough to pour out all the nasty stuff :) I think it is easier here in the support group cos we all have a common reason to meet up here...that is the kill the deadly addiction. :) And ya, my hubby will be surprised,very very surprised... cos he is still in the dark about it. And he will never imagine that i have quit. He has been putting up with my habit cos he knows that i wont quit, and i wont like to be told to do something i dun want to. but i know each time he see me chainsmoking, he is worried but dare not say anything other than 'smoke less'. na beginning to see the light [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 5/14/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] -2 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 0 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $0 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 0 [B]Mins:[/B] 0 [B]Seconds:[/B] 0
Hi good morning, thank you so much for the responses. ya, as i said, i am practically sticking to this site as long as i am awake and in the house. Cos i realise that the temptation is speaking to me, a small devilish voice telling me to junk the idea and that i wont make it. Maybe it myself...maybe it's my ciggy soul :) But I will fight for it, thanks friends. it is just so interesting that basically this year has been quite rough for me, with lots of changes and things not going the way i expected. quite a ride for me, yet i chose this year to kick the butt. yes, i am watching mmy alcohol problem. have been very conscious of all my drinks. and am planning to have some non-drinking nites, and if i do, i will not get drunk. :) cos that is the time when all my emotions just pour out back into my drinking glass. :P I will try a mantra :P and i really like the stress coping technique N2k mentioned in the other thread. i think they are so true and essential. HALT is new to me. but makes every single sense. got to go, be back noon. see you later. na [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 5/14/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] -2 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 0 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $0 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 0 [B]Mins:[/B] 0 [B]Seconds:[/B] 0
18 years ago 0 1070 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I am quitting Monday too! WE can walk this together. You can do it! Hang in there
18 years ago 0 852 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Na!! There is nothing else I can add that Shevie hasn't already said! Take his words to heart. You need to know how bad you have to fight.... Unfortunately, it quite up and down most of the time. I wanted to let you know that I am here for you! I will walk with you the entire way. I'm usually logged into the IM in the mornings, but sometimes I leave it logged in all day, if I am home. Please reach to anyone!! :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/5/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 67 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,023 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $219.09 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 5 [B]Hrs:[/B] 10 [B]Mins:[/B] 13 [B]Seconds:[/B] 35
18 years ago 0 1450 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Nice2meet U Na Looks like U are ready. Great decision! Great attitude :) U asked for gentle reminders so here's one for ya~ If U have not adopted a 'mantra' U might want 2do that. Perhaps [b]N.O.P.E (not one puff ever)[/b] Repeating a mantra can help with stress reduction. [url=http://www.stopsmokingcenter.net/support/viewmessages.aspx?topic=27172&forum=1]More Info About That Here[/url] all the best! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 8/20/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 264 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 5,809 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1320 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 25 [B]Hrs:[/B] 1 [B]Mins:[/B] 26 [B]Seconds:[/B] 46
18 years ago 0 2027 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi, Na. Glad to see you're sticking with your planned quit. That's wonderful. I've gone back through your posts and I see you have some alcohol issues, too. Keep in mind (as I'm sure you're aware) that alcohol is one of the biggest dangers to a tobacco quit. Keep that in the front of your mind should you take a drink. Above all else, protect the quit. Also keep in mind H.A.L.T. This is to remind you to never let yourself get too Hungry, Angry, Lonely, or Tired. These four things are also big threats to a quit. [b]H[/b]ungry because food craving is closely linked to tobacco craving. For a while, eat what you want when you want it. Don't worry about any weight gain, it will come off later. [b]A[/b]ngry because we usually dealt with anger by smoking. If there are situations that you tend to become angry in, then avoid those situations. You can include frustrating or annoying situations in this group, too. For me it was driving on a freeway (lots of stupid, rude people here), so I started taking surface streets. [b]L[/b]onely because it can lead to boredom and/or depression, and these things may be a direct path to a slip or relapse. If you don't have friends or acquaintances in the States, then stay as close to the SSC as you can. Not only are we a friendly bunch, but we understand exactly what you're going through. [b]T[/b]ired because when we get tired it becomes difficult to control ourselves. We literally don't have the strength to tell ourselves "NO!" Get as much sleep as you can, nap during the day if you get tired and can nap. Don't worry about things that might not get done. You can do them later. Right now, the quit is the most important thing you have to do. I suggest you keep a journal of your quit. Whether you do it online, on the computer, or hand-written is up to you. Be explicit and detailed about the feelings you experience, both emotional and physical. The first few weeks are going to be quite topsy-turvey and there's a good chance that, months later, you won't remember it all. A journal or diary is a good way to remember what you've been through. Hubby is away for a couple of months. Let everything go that you can and focus on you. Be very kind to yourself. Quitting is quite a shock to the syst

Reading this thread: